HELP: Maximum Number of Connections are in USE??!!!

Hi All

We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our
page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do
some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two
simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will like
to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over
10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in use.".
But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is
5000. How could this error happens? We just can't figure out that. We can
only suspect there is something wrong with the connection pooling inside
Power Dynamo.

Any suggestions to fix this are highly welcome. Or some background
information about how Power Dynamo manages the connections. Thanks.

Best regards,
Steve.

0
Steve

Steve,

Are you running ASA? I had the same problem in PD and I found that when I had
set up ASA I set it as only 1 connection to server at a time even though PD and
IIS had many more.

When you start up your DB see how many connections you have then it may give
you the answer.

HTH

Davlon

Steve WU wrote:

> Hi All
>
> We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our
> page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do
> some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two
> simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will like
> to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over
> 10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in use.".
> But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is
> 5000. How could this error happens? We just can't figure out that. We can
> only suspect there is something wrong with the connection pooling inside
> Power Dynamo.
>
> Any suggestions to fix this are highly welcome. Or some background
> information about how Power Dynamo manages the connections. Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Steve.

0
GothicCastle
4/12/2000 10:19:28 AM
Steve,

Are you using the development version of EAServer 3.5.  It has a limitation
of 10 connections per connections.

Scott

"Steve WU" <stevew@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our
> page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do
> some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two
> simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will
like
> to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over
> 10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in
use.".
> But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is
> 5000. How could this error happens? We just can't figure out that. We can
> only suspect there is something wrong with the connection pooling inside
> Power Dynamo.
>
> Any suggestions to fix this are highly welcome. Or some background
> information about how Power Dynamo manages the connections. Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Steve.

0
Scott

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� This may be a limitation of the web server you are using, particularly if you are using the Personal Web Server shipped with the product. The PWS is intended to be used for developement of your web site on a single ...

Maximum Number of Connections Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� Hi, I forgot to give you my environment: EAServer 3.5 Build 35036 (Developer Edition) Database: ASA 6.0.3.2887 or MS Access 97 Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Please could anyone give me a hint how to avoid these res...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Cannot connect to local SQL Server using Vista using Windows Authentication. Please help.
I have made a fresh "default" install of Visual Studio 2008 on a fresh install of Vista 32bit. SQL Server 2005 Express has been installed as part of that process. I can access it using SQL Server Management Studio Express but from within Visual Studio I cannot. If I drag an SQL Data Source control onto a page and configure it to connect to the local server (using Windows Authentication) I get.... Cannot Connect.SQL Server does not allow remote connections.Provider: Named pipes provider, error 40 could not open a connection to SQL Server. Please help I am getting desperate!VWGo...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

my internet isn't staying connected when I use any programs that use the internet............please help
I have windows vista and everytime I try to use limewire or bit torrent program   I can no longer use internet explorer.   It just says  can't find website.   As soon as I close the programs.  The internet works again.  Please help me figure this out.  Thanks Thats microsofts new OS security firewall, (their efforts at Nanny state). You have to change settings in firewall and couple of other things.Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Web resources about - HELP: Maximum Number of Connections are in USE??!!! - sybase.easerver

No state funds will be used to fix it, but some gas storage sites must now be monitored.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...