HELP: Can't view performance data about Power Dynamo 3.5 in NT Performance Monitor

Hi ALL

We had Power Dynamo 2 installed on both of our servers runing Windows NT 4 +
SP5. We upgraded them to
version 3.5 this year. However after upgrading, we found that the
performance data was not available to be viewed in NT performance Monitor.
We check the registry and found there's no setting for performance
monitoring for Power Dynamo 3.5. And when we tried to use the internal
utility within NT to load those counter data, we got an error message.

The command is :
    lodctr dyctrs03.ini
The Error is:
    Unable to open Driver key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PowerDynamo
3.0\Performance

From here, it's clear that some file within the version 3.5 distribution is
not upgraded at the same time the whole product is upgraded. We tried to
trick the utility to load the relevant counter by simply changing version in
dyctrs03.ini. This make the counter loaded into the registry. However after
that, we had another error when we tried to view performance data in
Performance Monitor, the new error said incorrect buffer size in
dyperf03.dll. So the old files used seems incompatible with version 3.5.

Any suggestions or advice about how to do performance monitoring under NT??
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Steve.

0
Steve

Can't get through init 3 from init 5 and can't get through init 5 from init 3.
I tried opensuse 12.1 Gm today. Installation was perfect with xfce 4.8 until I tried installing the nvidia driver. In runlevel 5 as superuser I tried to shift to runlevel 3 and was welcome with a black screen, I have to use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. During the reboot I used runlevel 3 and I was able to install the nvidia driver. After the nvidia driver installation I tried to shift to runlevel 5 and there, I was welcome with a black screen with a stationary blinking x cursor. I rebooted once again wiith runlevel 5 to get the gui. Any one had seen this happened? This installation is...

Monitor Client can't retrieve performance data
Hi all, I post it for the second time. Does anybody have an idea. I have followed the guidance to set classpath and path, here is all of my settings. set CLASSPATH=c:\jdk1.1.8\lib.classes.zip; c:\sybase\ASEP\monclass.zip;c:\sybase\ASEP\3pclass.zip;%CLASSPATH% set PATH=c:\jdk1.1.8\bin;c:\sybase\ASEP;c:\sybase\dll;c:\sybase\OCS-12_0\dll;%PATH% set PATH=%PATH%;c:\sybase\SYSDLL set PATH=%PATH%;c:\sybase\Sybase Central 3.2\win32 set PATH=%PATH%;c:\sybase\sqlremote\dll set PATH=%PATH%;c:\sybase\OCS-12_0\bin set PATH=%PATH%;c:\sybase\SQLRemote\bin Do I need to include some mo...

can't perform dumps
I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase 11.9.2-1 on Linux. Everytime I run: 'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server boot directory.' Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working? I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, winnerd@home.com Hi, Error 7205 could be give...

Power Dynamo 3.5 performance
Hi All, Am posting this again bcoz I need a quick reply. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Question: Our project is running Microsoft IIS4.0 as the web server in conjunction with PowerDynamo3.5. The interfacing and the setup has been done right. However, every once in a while loading of pages with simple HTML content which was earlier taking place in 2 seconds, slows down drastically to minutes and can only be remedied by restarting both the application and the web server. I was wondering if there is fine tuning required in the ISAPI settings in PowerDynamo3.5 so far as the &#...

Why can't FireFox cache just save image data directly without encoding it so it can't be viewed directly?
For secure web pages, not a problem can understand why it does that. But, when it comes to pages that are not securely encrypted, why does FireFox have to encode the cache files in a format Windows doesn't understand? Retrieving graphical objects from a cache would be a lot easier if I could just browse them visually. Regarding graphics on a page, if FireFox gets an updated version of an image file, does it automatically discard the old image file, or does it hold onto it? Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde On 13.12.2009 05:35, Geoffrey Hyde wrote: --- Original Me...

Performance
I have an application that will perform several thousand transactions. Each transaction consists of 10-30 INSERT or UPDATE's. The transcations are properly committed, with occasional rollbacks (1-5 per 1000 transactions). I can run the application against two different databases. Both are ASE 11.9.2, and they reside on the same subnet (so there are no network differences). The application runs on a third machine. When I time the individual transacions on the two machines, I find that one machine is a factor of 3-4 times FASTER than the other. What is odd is that the FAST mac...

when I d/loaded the latest version of Mozilla 3.5.3 I CAN'T access GMAIL --- HELP!!!
Name: barb Email: barbdotcollins77atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: when I d/loaded the latest version of Mozilla 3.5.3 I CAN'T access GMAIL --- HELP!!! Comments: what's up - ever since I d/loaded the latest version of Firefox I can't access gmail - it say "loading ...." and NOTHING happens, then the webpage says "done" .........HELP, I need to get to work!!!!!!1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the ...

New bugs not in 3.5 --- (mistake to download 3.51
Name: MMMmm! Email: terp37atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: New bugs not in 3.5 --- (mistake to download 3.51 - can't find 3.5!!!) Comments: In addition to other very strange behaviors which are hard to describe, you can't drag a URL to the bookmark area anymore. Also, in the 3.xx series it's no longer possible to create a new file folder in the book mark area near other folders without the new one disappearing into one of the folders - to find the folder you just created, you have to go digging into the folders nearby to find it. The biggest reason by ...

PowerDynamo object in NT Performance Monitor (Con't)
Dear ALL, Further to my previously posted message concerning NT performance monitor counter in NT. I've found there exist the following application error log in my NT Event Viewer ======================================================================= The Open Procedure for service "ContentFilter" in DLL "QPerf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0. ======================================================================= Steven ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://...

UserApp 3.5.1 won't deploy, can't configure
I've got a formerly working, now dead, UA3.5.1 here. I was on vacation last week, so wasn't around when it died. Looking at the jboss output (jboss.log is attached), it looks like this is the relevent error: 17:34:21,084 INFO [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Not binding factory to JNDI, no JNDI nam e configured 17:34:22,267 ERROR [Boot] Unable to retrieve global configuration settings. 17:34:22,271 ERROR [[/IDM]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener insta nce of class com.sssw.fw.servlet.InitListener java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sssw.fw.exception.E...

[perl #31973] Re: "perl 5.8.2 (on Power PC) Can't locate lib.pm - ?"
> At this point, you should go back to whoever ... I am "on my own" - this came from "free" CD-ROM without support. >I don't know what this "fadsroot" stuff is. >Are you *sure* that this is what gets called when you do a plain 'perl -v'? One way to check is by >explicitly calling /fadsroot/usr/bin/perl -v my board NFS mounts /fadsroot from the Linux RedHat 9 Shrike Intel PC NFS server (i686) as a root directory. When I telnet (from my Windows XP laptop ... yet another machine ...) into NFS server I use /fadsroot. On the Powe...

RE: [perl #31973] Re: "perl 5.8.2 (on Power PC) Can't locate lib .pm - ?"
> So I have ONLY two alternatives: > > 1) Somehow "fix" installed power pc perl 5.8.2 - by adding > "missing" or > "misplaced" 5.8.2 perl module files > (such as lib.pm, Config.pm, etc. ) Although generally you need to make proper installation, in this particular case you could just get things working. First, tell us how you get that perl-5.8.2 You tried to build 5.8.5, but then switched to 582. Is it already-built binaries? Is it from some Linux distribution? If this is the case, usually it's not hard to make it just wo...

Web resources about - HELP: Can't view performance data about Power Dynamo 3.5 in NT Performance Monitor - sybase.easerver

2016 Audi RS7 Performance is an LA beauty in blue
Filed under: 2015 LA Auto Show , Audi , Sedan , Performance The 2016 Audi RS7 Performance turns up the 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 to 605 horsepower ...

1366 Technologies Direct Wafer Product Hits Performance Record
Massachusetts-based 1366 Technologies has announced a series of new performance records for its kerfless, drop-in 156mm multi-crystalline wafers, ...

Ken Griffin: Key to our performance is research
Ken Griffin, Citadel Investment Group Founder, discusses many topics including U.S. markets, a healthy business year, his divorce settlement ...

iPad Mini 4 outshines iPad Pro in display performance
The two new tablets are both lauded for their displays by screen tester DisplayMate, but it's the little one that comes out on top.

Intel's first server chip with performance-boosting FPGA to ship early in '16
Intel will ship its first Xeon server chip with a programmable FPGA from Altera in the first quarter next year, some 18 months after announcing ...

Jada Pinkett Smith Bares It All in See-Through Dress for Will Smith's Latin GRAMMYs Performance – See ...
Jada Pinkett Smith Bares It All in See-Through Dress for Will Smith's Latin GRAMMYs Performance – See the Pics!

Google Makes Moves to Boost Cloud Network Performance
Google unveils updates that include new Cloud Router and Subnetworks capabilities, as well as a partnership with Akamai.

American Music Awards 2015: Five Seconds Of Summer's 'Wall-Shaking' Performance One To Watch
The American Music Awards promises some big performances for its 2015 show, but only Five Seconds of Summer promises to "make the walls shake" ...

Wal-Mart Exceeds Expectations In Q3 As Solid Store Performance Drives Top Line
In contrast with this backdrop was Wal-Mart’s performance in the quarter ending October, as it achieved robust sales growth across multiple geographies. ...