Get Host Name in PD

Is there a way to get the web server host name from within PowerDynamo using
a Netscape server?  GetServerVariable("SERVER_NAME") only works with IIS.

The reason I need it is I have a page, located at
http://10.0.0.12/test/index.htm and on it I have a link to
https://10.0.0.12/test/login.htm.  Notice that the link is to https.  The
problem is that is an internal IP address, it can also be accessed from an
external IP address from outside the firewall.  Also, as we move to
production, I would rather not have to change code, if possible.

Any ideas on how to construct "https://" + ls_hostname + "/test/login.htm"
?

Thanks,

Mark

0
Mark

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:31:13 -0400, "Mark Lanz"
<mark.lanz@NOSPAMdigifuse.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to get the web server host name from within PowerDynamo using
>a Netscape server?  GetServerVariable("SERVER_NAME") only works with IIS.
>
>The reason I need it is I have a page, located at
>http://10.0.0.12/test/index.htm and on it I have a link to
>https://10.0.0.12/test/login.htm.  Notice that the link is to https.  The
>problem is that is an internal IP address, it can also be accessed from an
>external IP address from outside the firewall.  Also, as we move to
>production, I would rather not have to change code, if possible.
>
>Any ideas on how to construct "https://" + ls_hostname + "/test/login.htm"
>?

Mark,

Have you tried SERVER_URL ?  Maybe you can extract it from there.

The docs say that both should work:
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/wrijsap/jsserv.htm#1044503

 --

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
Boris
10/21/1999 3:22:50 PM
Can you use the HOSTNAME property of the SERVER server side object?

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsref/sess4.htm#1011212

 --

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
Boris
10/21/1999 3:30:55 PM
document.GetServerVariable("SERVER_URL") doesn't work and
GetServerVariable("HOSTNAME") doesn't work.

I don't know how to get at LiveWire's SERVER object.  PD doesn't have a
SERVER object.

Thanks,
Mark

Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] wrote in message
<7zAPOBSXEL0Wp6ajU2fqZjM+3qC+@4ax.com>...

>Can you use the HOSTNAME property of the SERVER server side object?
>
>http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsref/sess4.htm#101
1212

> --
>
>  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
>  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>    ___
>  ____   _
> _____    _
>  ____   _
>    ___
>
>  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
>  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/

0
Mark

Get Host Name
I use this line of code to get the host name from a system:  System.Net.IPHostEntry obj = new IPHostEntry(); obj = Dns.GetHostByName(Request.UserHostAddress); String HostName = obj.HostName.ToString(); and this retrieves this Host Name: bea-som.corp.bea.org   However from my client application I call this:  System.Net.Dns.GetHostName() and this retrieves the host name as: bea-som   What changes do I make to either the C# client application or website so that both of them take the same host name ?Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post tha...

How to get host name in aspx
How to get this part only? mysite.com. I do not want to get the subdomain part (example mysubdomain.mysite.com). Here is my existing hard coded link: <asp:HyperLink ID="UserHyperLink" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Username") + "mysite.com" + %>'Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct You can get the full Host from Request.Url.  By splitting that string apart on the periods, you can keep those pieces you are interested in.  For example:D...

Get the correct host name
I'm sending e-mails to people with a link to a certain page of my site.  Rather than hardcoding the string "www.mysite.com/register.aspx" into the e-mail, I'd like to get the host name:HostName + "/register.aspx"How can I get the full host name? (www.mysite.com) Hello, Request.Url.Host RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting...

Getting the Server Name of the Host Machine
How do I grab the server name of the host machine and display it on an aspx page using VB? Thanks in advance! response.write (Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST")) http://abstractvb.com/code.asp?A=1074Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thanks! Hi, I came across this thread and would like to ask how to capture the response (the server name) into a label? Thank you.Glory Glory Man United! lblLabel.Text = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST")Picky...

Get host name for local machine?
Is there an XPCOM component in the toolkit that will allow me to get the standard host name of the local machine, similar to gethostname() in C? -- Ryukage Damian Dollahite wrote: > Is there an XPCOM component in the toolkit that will allow me to get the > standard host name of the local machine, similar to gethostname() in C? The DNS service knows this: http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/netwerk/dns/public/nsIDNSService.idl#91 For example: var dnsComp = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/dns-service;1"]; var dnsSvc = dnsComp.getService(Compo...

Get host name from IP address
does anyone have any simple C# code that can do this?pwpaust Try this.  It's a simple page that looks up both IP and name.  I've put in some data to test with, but you can enter your own text!   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <script runat="server"> protected string DNSLookup(string domain) { string result = string.Empty; try { IPHostEntry ipHe = Dns.GetHostEntry(domain); IPAddress[] ipAd...

How to get DNS Name be the DNS Name rather than computer name
In Patchlink associated with computers there is "DNS Name" field. This field seems to be the computer name (netbios name) for windows computers rather than the dns name assocated with the IP address. Is there a way to configure the patchlink server so this field reports the DNS Name rather than the computer name? where is that "DNS name" field? -- Shaun Pond > where is that "DNS name" field? > > -- > > Shaun Pond > > From the web interface: 1) From the Reports ->Computer Status Report the second field ins...

Getting the Host/Server Name WITHOUT the subdomain
I'm autogenerating an e-mail address, and Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"] includes the name of the subdomain, which I don't want.I want to create the email address: "no-reply@" +  Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"], but it generates something like "no-reply@www.mysite.com" instead of "no-reply@mysite.com."Before I go through the trouble of parsing out the subdomain, (it can be things other than "www") is this already part of the framework?Thanks. Justin Holton  Have you checked out all of the Memb...

Getting a host name given a mac address
------_=_NextPart_001_01C19D9F.426523D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1255" Hi, Does anybody know's a way to get a Host name If I have a Mac address both in pc and sun? (it's the same as RARP but I don't know how to do it using command line ) THX ------_=_NextPart_001_01C19D9F.426523D0-- ...

How can i get host name from stored procedure ?
How can i get host name from stored procedure ? The hostname of the client connected or the hostname of the database server? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS&...

Get name of page hosting your sever control
For the life of me I can't figure this out:  I built a server control, I add it to my WebForm. Say my web application is http://localhost/MyWebapplication/Default.aspx.  Inside my server control, through this.page.server, I can get a server name, through app relative directory, I can get ~/Default.aspx..... But how in heck do I get "MyWebApplication" from my server control? I've tried everything through This.Page., but am comming up empty, any advice would be appreciated! Use the below code Request.ApplicationPath.Substring(1) HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Try so...

Get a free domain name and hosting from Microsoft
The words "free" and "Microsoft" don't often appear in the same sentence, so imagine my surprise at discovering this deal: a free custom domain name, free Web hosting, free e-mail accounts, and more. As you might expect from the name, Microsoft Office Live Basics has a decidedly business focus--but that doesn't mean you can't use it for a personal site. The freebie account includes not only the domain (any available .com, .net, ..org, or .info address), but also site-building tools, reporting tools, project and document managers, 100 e-mail add...

get IP or Host name in Firefox extension
Hi Is it possible to get IP or Host name in Firefox extension? I need it to use for sending in SMTP EHLO command. Or maybe it's not necessary to send real IP/host? Thanks, telega > Is it possible to get IP or Host name in Firefox extension? Found it myself: nsIDNSService.myHostName ...

Failed getting host name, Error -1
I am running NW 65 SP6 and iPrint patch f. After the manager loads and successfully binds the PA's. I am seeing the following message. NDPSGW-4.0-0 Failed getting host name, Error -1 Has anyone seen this before? I tried editing the hosts file with no luck. The printers seem to print fine. The PA's are setup to print to the IP not DNS. Thanks , > The printers seem to print > fine. > Then just ignore it. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums of...

Web resources about - Get Host Name in PD - sybase.easerver

Host - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Houston Cougars head coach Tom Herman goes off on local radio hosts
University of Houston head football coach Tom Herman made an appearance on SportsRadio 610 in Houston on Wednesday morning to address a report ...

Ricky Gervais says he's already sorry for what he's going to do as Golden Globes host
Ricky Gervais started the year with an apology for what he's going to do as host of the 73rd Golden Globes. Gervais, k nown for his ruthless ...

Ricky Gervais is gearing up to host the Golden Globes: excited or meh?
Ricky Gervais is hosting the Golden Globes on NBC for his fourth time this coming Sunday, which makes me happy. He hosted the Globes from 2010-2012 ...

CNN host mistaken for suspected bank robber
Police in Medford, Oregon, released a photo of a man they say held up a Chase bank, who holds a striking resemblance to CNN's Mike Rowe.

Univision Host Charges Rubio, Cruz With Racial Treason: ‘No Greater Disloyalty’
'Don't want new immigrants to have the same opportunities that their own parents had'

Jane Fonda Will Host Comedy Night As Political Fundraiser
... Fonda , enjoying a resurgence on TV ( Grace And Frankie , The Newsroom ) and the big screen ( Youth , This Is Where I Leave You ) will host ...

Kate Hudson and Jack Black Want to Host the Golden Globes: 'It Seems Like a Fun Gig'
The 'Kung Fu Panda 3' co-stars opened up about wanting to host the star-studded awards show.

Ronda Rousey To Host ‘SNL’ January 23, Can UFC’s Biggest Draw Deliver The Laughs?
... will be SNL . According to USA Today , the biggest draw in mixed martial arts will attempt to deliver the laughs as she serves as guest host ...

Former 'American Idol' Host Brian Dunkleman Finally Speaks!
Brian Dunkleman , who co-hosted American Idol alongside Ryan Seacrest in the show’s first season, has finally spoken up about his life after ...