EAServer 3.5 Connection Cache and Oracle 8i

I read a previous post on this subject whereby OCI connection caches in
EAServer 3.5 do not work with Oracle 8i client.  To follow up, I am having
the same problem, and here are the facts:

1.  EAServer 3.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5) client works.
2.  EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5) client DOES NOT work (cannot find
XA80.dll).
3.  EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8i (8.1.6) client DOES NOT work (cannot find
XA80.dll).
4.  EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 client works.

Let me be clear that it WAS working with EAServer 3.0, then I simply
upgraded to 3.5 and it no longer worked.  I had to then install 8.0.5 client
in additon to 8.1.5 client to get it working.

I saw a previous post where someone said the solution was to install extra
DLLs from the 8i installation CD.  I installed everything, including the
full Enterprise Server, and no go.

Please help.

-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
------- Marc D. Lennox, P. Eng. Aerospace Engineer Mxi Technologies Ltd.
1430 Blair Place, Suite 800 Ottawa, ON, Canada K1J 9N2 E:
marc.lennox@mxi.com T: 613. 747. 4698 ext 212 F: 613. 747. 1909 www.mxi.com

0
Marc

Marc,
    I'm having the same issue and just posted a reply to Carson under the
'Connection Cache Problems' thread.  The OCI call was working with Jaguar
3.0.1 and Oracle 8.0.5 and worked with Jaguar 3.5 and Oracle 8.0.5.  But
with Jaguar 3.5, a new physical connection was always made instead of Jaguar
reusing a cached connection.  I had recently installed the 8.1.5 client to
see about resolving the physical connect issue and I get the same message
log errors when attempting to ping.  I guess I'll uninstall Oracle 8.1.5 and
reinstall Oracle 8.0.5 and see what happens.
Chris

Marc Lennox <marc.lennox@mxi.com> wrote in message
> I read a previous post on this subject whereby OCI connection caches in
> EAServer 3.5 do not work with Oracle 8i client.  To follow up, I am having
> the same problem, and here are the facts:
>
> 1.  EAServer 3.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5) client works.
> 2.  EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5) client DOES NOT work (cannot find
> XA80.dll).
> 3.  EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8i (8.1.6) client DOES NOT work (cannot find
> XA80.dll).
> 4.  EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 client works.
>
> Let me be clear that it WAS working with EAServer 3.0, then I simply
> upgraded to 3.5 and it no longer worked.  I had to then install 8.0.5
client
> in additon to 8.1.5 client to get it working.
>
> I saw a previous post where someone said the solution was to install extra
> DLLs from the 8i installation CD.  I installed everything, including the
> full Enterprise Server, and no go.
>
> Please help.
>
> -- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> ------- Marc D. Lennox, P. Eng. Aerospace Engineer Mxi Technologies Ltd.
> 1430 Blair Place, Suite 800 Ottawa, ON, Canada K1J 9N2 E:
> marc.lennox@mxi.com T: 613. 747. 4698 ext 212 F: 613. 747. 1909
www.mxi.com

0
Chris

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Oracle Connection Cache with 3.5 and Oracle 8.1.5
Anybody got any idea??? Isn't Oracle 8.1.5 supported?? TIA, Darko Guberina, ConNova Systems Hi, I have the same problem as you guys. I'm running oracle 8i also and I also noticed that the ConnCache lib it empty. Jaguar also complains about: Mar 09 00:04:07 2000: AFLIB Message: 18011/11/0: DLL lookup for 'af_dll_lookup()' failed, OS Message: 'xa80.dll' even though that file exists in my path. Best Regards, Darko "Chris J. Frattinger" wrote: > I just had the same thing happen to me this morning. > I uninstalled the Oracle 8.0.5...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

easerver 3.6.1 C1 and oracle 8.1.6 connection cache driver
What parameters must I use to make a connection cache beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 and Oracle 8.1.6? Jim O'Neill already answers this: >ODBC, JDBC or native OCI caches will work. If you are using native >OCI caches though, be advised there is a problem when using 8.1.6+ >client software. That problem is remedied in the eagerly awaited EBF >#1 to EAServer. I loaded the EBF#1 and still can't make the connection cache work. For the server name, I use the name of the Net8 service naming (orcl). I tried an other name with a oracle SID name, with no effect. For the...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

Connection cache creation (EAServer 3.6.1 C2 (Bld: 36110), Oracle 8.1.7 client
Unable to successfully ping the data source. Error Message: "Ping for <cache_name> OCI_8 Connection Cache failed: The Ping operation did not complete successfully. Could not find the specified connection cache" Here's my connection cache properties. a) Servername: specified the Oracle SID without the "@" symbol b) user_name and password entered. c) Driver - oci.dll , OCI 8.x radio button checked. Expedited help is requested. Is the cache installed in a particular server? On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:29:15 -0400, Ram_L wrote: >...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Oracle Connection Cache with 3.5
Has anyone been successful in Ever establishing a Connection Cache with Oracle 8i 8.x? (oci.dll) If so then please enlighten me as to how tto do this. Of all the related postings on this I have yet to see any positive or informative feedback. Thanks, Steve Coombs... ...

Web resources about - EAServer 3.5 Connection Cache and Oracle 8i - sybase.easerver

The Direct Connection

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...