Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.

Hi all,

we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current
PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include
nested reports and  N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and
other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement
a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up
fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the
rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly.

In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not supported. Is
there any other way that we could deploy these reports?

( We used HTML Generator Component on Jaguar. The browser is IE 5.0)

We greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Pal
0
Pal

These are known restrictions.  The nested report look and feel can sometimes
be accomplished using frames..

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

Pal wrote in message <01bee37e$8b5f0fc0$964206a2@CGA-PALA.redcross.org>...
>Hi all,
>
>we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current
>PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include
>nested reports and  N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and
>other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement
>a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up
>fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the
>rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly.
>
>In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not supported. Is
>there any other way that we could deploy these reports?
>
>( We used HTML Generator Component on Jaguar. The browser is IE 5.0)
>
>We greatly appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Pal

0
Carson
8/10/1999 10:23:27 PM
>There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the
>rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly.

What version of EAS? IE5 had a display problem with the HTML DW. It has been
fixed.

HTH

--
Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0
Team Sybase

Pal wrote in message <01bee37e$8b5f0fc0$964206a2@CGA-PALA.redcross.org>...
>Hi all,
>
>we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current
>PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include
>nested reports and  N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and
>other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement
>a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up
>fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the
>rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly.
>
>In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not supported. Is
>there any other way that we could deploy these reports?
>
>( We used HTML Generator Component on Jaguar. The browser is IE 5.0)
>
>We greatly appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Pal

0
Dean
8/11/1999 4:37:44 AM
Thank You Dean and Carson..

I just installed the new PB7.0.1 maintenance release on the jaguar machine
and now I can see the N-Up rows displayed properly. Could you please
suggest an alternative way to display Nested Reports ?

Thanks
Pal

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] <dean@powerobjects.com> wrote in article
<fVIsPK74#GA.285@forums.sybase.com>...
> >There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the
> >rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly.
>
> What version of EAS? IE5 had a display problem with the HTML DW. It has
been
> fixed.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0
> Team Sybase
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> www.powerobjects.com
> dean@powerobjects.com

0
Pal
8/11/1999 4:50:40 PM
Frames and nesting HTMLDWs within tables or possibly DIV tags.

Pal wrote in message <01bee41a$2629aa60$964206a2@CGA-PALA.redcross.org>...
>Thank You Dean and Carson..
>
>I just installed the new PB7.0.1 maintenance release on the jaguar machine
>and now I can see the N-Up rows displayed properly. Could you please
>suggest an alternative way to display Nested Reports ?
>
>Thanks
>Pal
>
>Dean Jones [TeamSybase] <dean@powerobjects.com> wrote in article
><fVIsPK74#GA.285@forums.sybase.com>...
>> >There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the
>> >rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly.
>>
>> What version of EAS? IE5 had a display problem with the HTML DW. It has
>been
>> fixed.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0
>> Team Sybase
>> PowerTeam, Inc.
>> www.powerobjects.com
>> dean@powerobjects.com

0
Carson

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DropDown Datawindow in HTML datawindow
Hi We are going to move from PB 6.5 to PB 7 only because of internet applications. We would like to know some information abut HTML DataWindow. In a HTML Data Window, assume that we have 3 columns. All the 3 coloumns have DropDownDataWindow. Based first column value which I'm going to select I need to populate the second field DropDown DataWindow and based on the first column value and second column value , the 3rd column dropdown datawindow has to be populated. Is it possible in HTML DataWindow. Based on the solution only we can start the project. T...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

HTML DataWindows using HTML 4.0
Hi, I'm trying to create reports using the HTMLDataWindow. If I select (in DataWindow Builder 7.0) HTML version 3.2 (the default) I loose a lot of formatting capabilities. Therefore I need to use 4.0. However, it seems that 4.0 generates a lot of Java Script even though I have deselected "Generate Java Script", "Client Events" and all other options in the HTML Generation tab in the properties window (DataWindow Builder). When I view a Dawindow using HTML 4.0 in "HTML Preview" my IE 4.0 locks up because of the generated Java scripts (..I think). With...

Drop Down Datawindows in a HTML Datawindow not working
Hi, I have a HTML Datawindow with some dropdown datawindows in it. Everything works fine except the drop down datawindows. The dddw's work fine in PB or Datawindow Builder. All the dataobjects are in one pbl. Any idea... Thanks.. Reddy Can you take a look at the generated HTML and see if the data from the dddw is present? The way it works is that the dddw is retrieved and then the rows used in the html. Can you tell if it is being retrieved? Also, does it work from previewing in PowerDynamo? -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.c...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

Html-datawindow vs web-datawindow
Hi! We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. There we used html-datawindows. Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. What is the differense? 40% of the pages arnt working after we migrated to PB8. It seems like there have been some changes? Regards Staale What errors are you seeing with the problem pages? A. Staale wrote: > Hi! > > We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. > There we used html-datawindows. > Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. > What is the differense? >...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Deploying datawindows in EAServer
Hi there, I have tried to use a DataWindow in PowerJ when the DataWindow exists in a file on the harddrive and it seems to work, but I'm more interested in deploying the datawindow on the easerver and accessing it directly from there. The question is now is it possible, and if this is possible how am I going to do it. In PowerJ I can browse for files located on the harddrive, but I can't find a way to connect to a DataWindow, which is deployed on the application server. Please tell if this is possible and if it is possible then tell me how or give me a link, whic...

Using datawindows from the EAServer
Hi there, I hava succeeded to deploy a datawindow on the application, but I can't figure out how I'm going to use it. When I have a JDataWindowControl on my form how do I put the datawindow object, which is a Corba object, into thar form? Second, when I'm trying to invoke a method on the object that I have got through my lookup I'll get a org.omg.Corba.UNKNOWN exception with minor code 0 and completion status as not completed. Why does I get such an error? Hope to here from you soon regarding this two issues. Thanks in regards, Jess ...

Reports using datawindows
I have a complicated nested datawindow report which shows all nested datawindows great in preview mode, but when the report is printed out through the application or executable, not all of the sections are showing up. Each nested datawindow has the position property set to Slide: UP: Directly Above, and this cannot be changed. I have the Autosize Height property set also on the position tab. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but I thought I would throw it out here. Each of the datawindows has a different set of arguments being passed to it from the main ...

Embedded DataWindow within the new HTML DataWindow
Hi All, Does the new HTML datawindow support embedded HTML datawindows? Thanks. Andy Egleston In a word, no. Here's an extract from an upcoming article I wrote for PBDJ on the HTMLDW and the presentation styles it supports: Presentation Style Report (non-updateable) Form (updateable) ================== ======================= ================= Composite No (HTMLDW not supported) No (HTMLDW not supported) Cross-tab Yes No (cannot set tab order) Freeform Yes Yes Graph ...

Web resources about - Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow. - sybase.easerver

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo