Connection reset by peer #2

I've created a web application using the html DW control
in Powesite.  It works very nicely, including a master-detail
setup and conditional formatting in the Datawindows rendered
into the web pages.  The performance is better than I expected.

Once in a while I have to restart Jaguar after getting:
ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/HTMLGenerator',
'Exception thrown: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
iiop://SOBPC02:9000 - java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset by peer in method CreateComponent of class jagcomp.
Unable to find or create the required component with the given
parameters: "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator iiop://localhost:9000 jagadmin ".
near line 614'    ERROR: Could not connect to server component.

The only Jaguar component I use is the
htmlGenerator with the following settings:
----------------------------------
Transaction:  'Requires Transaction'
Automatic demarcation/deactivation:  OFF
Instances: Concurrency: ON
                 Bind Thread: ON
                 Pooling: ON
                 Sharing: OFF
----------------------------------

If I turn on Automatic demarcation/deactivation,
my datawindows show up with only header info
(the retrieve fails to return rows).  They show up perfectly
after I turn off Automatic demarcation/deactivation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Ido
ixm7@psu.edu

0
Ido

One more error that I get once Jaguar starts misbehaving:
ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '

Thanks,
- Ido

0
Ido
9/19/1999 7:08:42 PM
The communication error indicates that your server has likely gone down.
The next time this happens, look in srv.log for more details.

As a note, you definitely do not want to enable autodemarcate for the
HTMLGenerator component.  It must be semi-stateful.

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

Ido Millet <ixm7@mail.psu.edu> wrote in message
> I've created a web application using the html DW control
> in Powesite.  It works very nicely, including a master-detail
> setup and conditional formatting in the Datawindows rendered
> into the web pages.  The performance is better than I expected.
>
> Once in a while I have to restart Jaguar after getting:
> ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/HTMLGenerator',
> 'Exception thrown: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
> iiop://SOBPC02:9000 - java.net.SocketException:
> Connection reset by peer in method CreateComponent of class jagcomp.
> Unable to find or create the required component with the given
> parameters: "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator iiop://localhost:9000 jagadmin ".
> near line 614'    ERROR: Could not connect to server component.
>
> The only Jaguar component I use is the
> htmlGenerator with the following settings:
> ----------------------------------
> Transaction:  'Requires Transaction'
> Automatic demarcation/deactivation:  OFF
> Instances: Concurrency: ON
>                  Bind Thread: ON
>                  Pooling: ON
>                  Sharing: OFF
> ----------------------------------
>
> If I turn on Automatic demarcation/deactivation,
> my datawindows show up with only header info
> (the retrieve fails to return rows).  They show up perfectly
> after I turn off Automatic demarcation/deactivation.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> - Ido
> ixm7@psu.edu

0
Carson
9/19/1999 9:29:16 PM
"Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:

> As a note, you definitely do not want to enable autodemarcate for the
> HTMLGenerator component.  It must be semi-stateful.

Can I assume that by "semi-stateful" you mean
* No "autodemaracation", but also
* No "Sharing"
* Anything else?

Could you please explain why autodemarcation causes
a problem?

Thanks,
- Ido

0
Ido

Connection Reset By Peer Error With Jaguar 4.2 Web Server
We have recently upgraded from Jaguar 4.1 to Jaguar 4.2. Our current runtime environment is Windows 2000, Jaguar 4.2 build 42012 and JDK 1.4.1_01. We use the Jaguar web server as well as the Jaguar application server. The browser that our users use is Netscape. Since the upgrade to Jaguar 4.2, we experience an intermittent problem in the web server. When a JSP is to be displayed to the user, occasionally the user gets a Netscape pop-up window stating "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network Error: Connection reset by peer). Try connecti...

Connection reset by peer
Shouldn't ASA 8.0.2 Remote Server have some way to react to this response? eg. EXIT SQLExtendedFetch with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR) DIAG [S0000] Systems, Inc.][ICOBOL ODBC Driver][ISAM]Connection reset by peer (oserr=10054): Acct_Master (12755) and dbeng8 5dc-914 EXIT SQLDriverConnectW with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR) HDBC 103915C8 HWND 00000000 WCHAR * 0x1F7F8B88 [ -3] "******\ 0" SWORD -3 WCHAR * 0x1F7F8B88 SWORD 8 SWORD * ...

Connection cache problem with EAServer 4.2.2
Hi, We are running EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) on Win2k. I am getting the following message in my server log: Jun 02 18:13:06 2005: Maximum number of connections for POL cache exceeded POL is the name of the cache. As far as I understand there is only one setting controlling the pool maximum size: com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolsize.max That one is synonymous to com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.cachesize. That is for the pool only. Is there a setting controlling the maximum number of connections in 4.2, like com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolmanager.maxconnection in 5.0? If...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Connection reset by peer
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> I keep getting "Connect reset by peer" messages from Jaguar upon method return.&nbsp; I'm accessing component methods via JAWS and HTTP that return HTML strings.&nbsp; I write debugging messages to the srv.log that report on the progress of the method.&nbsp; The method seems to be exiting as is should.&nbsp; I write a log message just before the return.&nbsp; Any ideas what might be causing these errors?&nbsp; The messages just started to appear...&nbsp;...

Connection reset by peer....
I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows us to be connected for a certain length of time? -- OverSoul Imagination is more important than Knowledge. --Albert Einstein-- OverSoul ... > I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when > connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some > idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows > us to be c...

The connection was reset #2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: The connection was reset Comments: Server not found Firefox can't find the server at en-us.start3.mozilla.com. Server not found Firefox can't find the server at hendrix.mozilla.org. The connection has timed out The server at hendrix.mozilla.org is taking too long to respond. The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .N...

Connect reset by peer
I'm doing a migration from SQL Server 10, Open Client 10.0.1 to Server 11.0.3, Open Client 10.0.4 on Solaris 2.4. I've got a C application using CT-Lib functions which was running alright before, but it is quite frequently killed with a message "System error (131) connection reset by peer" after migration. I know that it is a unix system error but I suspect that it was caused by Sybase. Is there any configuration (server config, memory, etc) that possibly cause this error? Any idea would be welcome. ...

Connection reset by peer,
Hi I have a Delphi XE2 Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) I get Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer constantly just after living the client idle for a couple of minutes. This is not a firewall problem. It's the Datasnap server that closes the connection. What could cuase this problem? regards Mikael ...

Connection reset by peer
Hello, I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the idFTP1 connection: idFTP1.Disconnect (Indy 10) I also tried idFTP1.DisconnectNotifyPeer and idFTP1.Quit, but the exception is still raised. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks, Hubert Anemaat > {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the *idFTP1* connection Is it...

Connection reset by peer
Jaguar 4.2.2 (build 42211) XP Hi ! I=b4ve a connection cache over Oracle 9i native driver. The database Oracle is in Unix. When I try to do a ping I recieve this message error "java.net.sockectexception: connection reset by peer" and the Jaguar server finish with this message in the error.log "A Fatal NT Exception [EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION(0xc0000005)] was received while executing the method 'pingByUser' of the component 'Jaguar/CMPing'." But if I change the native driver by ODBC it=b4s work perfectly. =bf some idea ? ...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Peer 2 Peer
Hi, is there any quick guide about using P2P functionality in 3.8?, i've been using unison between 2 hosts and worked well so far. Now I need to sync 4 machines with the same data and I guess iFolder would do a better job. Regards, -- ciriarte ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ciriarte, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Vis...

Peer to peer connection
Hi, I'm trying to make a program to transfer files between my pc and another that is behind a router. My side will act as master and the other just as a slave, serving what master asks without user interference. I know that the easiest way is to run a idTCPserver at the slave side and a idTCPclient at master's side, but this needs to forward the used port at the router. I want to keep out of this. So I try the reverse way. A idTCPclient at slave side and idTCPserver at my side as master (in my side I can forward ports). Starting the slave it connects to master-server. Af...

Web resources about - Connection reset by peer #2 - sybase.easerver

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...