Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder

I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate
event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection
cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and
the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be
highly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

-Hitesh

ErrorLogging erlinfo_base

this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", &
  txnsrv)
this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",  &
  erlinfo_base)

SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS"
SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='TEA_THIN'"
CONNECT;

IF SQLCA.SQLCode < 0 THEN
 erlinfo_base.log("Connect Failed")
END IF
--------------------------------

0
Hitesh

Hitesh,

What is the SQLCode and Message that you are getting back from Oracle?

Scott

"Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate
> event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection
> cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and
> the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be
> highly appreciated.
> Thanks for your time.
>
> -Hitesh

> ErrorLogging erlinfo_base
>
> this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", &
>   txnsrv)
> this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",  &
>   erlinfo_base)
>
> SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS"
> SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='TEA_THIN'"
> CONNECT;
>
> IF SQLCA.SQLCode < 0 THEN
>  erlinfo_base.log("Connect Failed")
> END IF
> --------------------------------

0
Scott
4/14/2000 7:42:22 PM
Scott,

I tried wrting sqlcode and sqlerrtext to server log and I get the following
messages:
Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: -1
Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: NULL Parameters for connection !
Thanks for your time, Scott. I really appreciate your help in this group.

"Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" wrote:

> Hitesh,
>
> What is the SQLCode and Message that you are getting back from Oracle?
>
> Scott
>
> "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate
> > event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection
> > cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and
> > the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be
> > highly appreciated.
> > Thanks for your time.
> >
> > -Hitesh

> > ErrorLogging erlinfo_base
> >
> > this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", &
> >   txnsrv)
> > this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",  &
> >   erlinfo_base)
> >
> > SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS"
> > SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='TEA_THIN'"
> > CONNECT;
> >
> > IF SQLCA.SQLCode < 0 THEN
> >  erlinfo_base.log("Connect Failed")
> > END IF
> > --------------------------------

0
Hitesh
4/14/2000 7:49:40 PM
I am sorry, the SQLDBCode is 999 and SQLCode is -1.

Hitesh Patel wrote:

> Scott,
>
> I tried wrting sqlcode and sqlerrtext to server log and I get the following
> messages:
> Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: -1
> Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: NULL Parameters for connection !
> Thanks for your time, Scott. I really appreciate your help in this group.
>
> "Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Hitesh,
> >
> > What is the SQLCode and Message that you are getting back from Oracle?
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > > I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate
> > > event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection
> > > cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and
> > > the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be
> > > highly appreciated.
> > > Thanks for your time.
> > >
> > > -Hitesh

> > > ErrorLogging erlinfo_base
> > >
> > > this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", &
> > >   txnsrv)
> > > this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",  &
> > >   erlinfo_base)
> > >
> > > SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS"
> > > SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='TEA_THIN'"
> > > CONNECT;
> > >
> > > IF SQLCA.SQLCode < 0 THEN
> > >  erlinfo_base.log("Connect Failed")
> > > END IF
> > > --------------------------------

0
Hitesh
4/14/2000 7:53:12 PM
Hitesh,

Do you have the cache my name option turned on for the cache?

> I am sorry, the SQLDBCode is 999 and SQLCode is -1.
>
> Hitesh Patel wrote:
>
> > Scott,
> >
> > I tried wrting sqlcode and sqlerrtext to server log and I get the
following
> > messages:
> > Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: -1
> > Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: NULL Parameters for connection !
> > Thanks for your time, Scott. I really appreciate your help in this
group.

> > "Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hitesh,
> > >
> > > What is the SQLCode and Message that you are getting back from Oracle?
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
Activate

0
Scott
4/14/2000 8:03:43 PM
Scott,
Yes, I have cache by name option turned on. If I used OCI driver instead of
JDBC, it connects succesfully with respective OCI connection cache but I don't
know I can access the blob a function in component returns in Applet or not. I
don't mind using either of them as long as I can set the blob in my client
applet. I am continuing with OCI for the time being and testing what happens.
Once again thanks for your help and it means a lot to this group.

-Hitesh

"Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" wrote:

> Hitesh,
>
> Do you have the cache my name option turned on for the cache?
>
> Scott
>
> "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > I am sorry, the SQLDBCode is 999 and SQLCode is -1.
> >
> > Hitesh Patel wrote:
> >
> > > Scott,
> > >
> > > I tried wrting sqlcode and sqlerrtext to server log and I get the
> following
> > > messages:
> > > Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: -1
> > > Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: NULL Parameters for connection !
> > > Thanks for your time, Scott. I really appreciate your help in this
> group.

> Activate
> connection
> and
> be

0
Hitesh
4/14/2000 8:10:07 PM
Hitesh,

yes you can send blobs to Java applets.  They equate to byte[] datatypes.

> Scott,
> Yes, I have cache by name option turned on. If I used OCI driver instead
of
> JDBC, it connects succesfully with respective OCI connection cache but I
don't
> know I can access the blob a function in component returns in Applet or
not. I
> don't mind using either of them as long as I can set the blob in my client
> applet. I am continuing with OCI for the time being and testing what
happens.
> Once again thanks for your help and it means a lot to this group.
>
> -Hitesh
>

> "Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Hitesh,
> >
> > Do you have the cache my name option turned on for the cache?
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > > I am sorry, the SQLDBCode is 999 and SQLCode is -1.

> > following
> > group.

Oracle?

> > Activate
> > connection
> > and
> > be

0
Scott
4/14/2000 8:49:08 PM
Hitesh,

Using Jaguar manager can you ping this jdbc connection (outside of pb) ?

-Ashish

"Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" <scottmc@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Hitesh,
>
> Do you have the cache my name option turned on for the cache?
>
> Scott
>
> "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > I am sorry, the SQLDBCode is 999 and SQLCode is -1.
> >
> > Hitesh Patel wrote:
> >
> > > Scott,
> > >
> > > I tried wrting sqlcode and sqlerrtext to server log and I get the
> following
> > > messages:
> > > Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: -1
> > > Apr 14 15:47:47 2000: NULL Parameters for connection !
> > > Thanks for your time, Scott. I really appreciate your help in this
> group.

Oracle?

> Activate
> connection
> and
> be

0
Ashish

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

I need to connect PowerSite with Connection Cache to Jaguar
I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connection cache in Jaguar with Sybase native driver (libjct.dll), this connection cache pings in the server with no problem. When i making my page in PowerSite and i want to connect the datawindow to an connection cache, just appears ODBC drivers to connect to the database, but i want to know if exists a form to connect the datawindow in PowerSite with connection cache or Native Driver. Thank u Fabr�cio Streppel Francisco Freitas Develop Informatica - Suporte wrote: > I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connectio...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Jaguar Connection Cache: JagConn: Connection already closed?
Hello all, when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion Cache", I get the following result: testCache Monitoring Value Connections Active -6.0 Connections Opened 4.0 Connections Closed 9.0 Waited Connection Requests 0.0 No Wait Connection Requests 40.0 Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0 Total Conncetion Requests 40.0 Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0 Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0 Can someone please tell me ...

How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component
Hi.. All I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000 Professional. I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect a remote ASE 12.0 database... I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection cache ping OK)... However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn cache... I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as following * ------------------------------------------------------*/ retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache, (unsigned char *)"us...

not connected when I am connected

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Who can give me a simple example on Jaguar component connect to a connection cache?
My script is: SQLCA.DBMS="SYJ" SQLCA.DBPARM="CacheName='Test',UseContextObject='yes'" CONNECT USING SQLCA; If SQLCA.SQLCode<>0 Then ErrorLogging errlog this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",errlog) errlog.log("Error Code:"+string(SQLCA.SQLCode)+" ; "+SQLCA.SQLErrText) is_info=SQLCA.SQLErrText End If ids_emp=Create DataStore ids_emp.DataObject="d_emp" ids_emp.SetTransObject(SQLCA) But the srv.log report: Jul 25 09:30:11 2001: Error Code:-1 ; Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connecti...

Powerbuilder components use only one connection of 50 conn connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache
Oracle 7.3 Instance TLO1 Alias TLO1 Connection Cache settings Cache Name oracle_tlo1 Description TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle Enable cache by name access No Enable connection sanity check Yes No of connections in cache 10 Service Name <nothing> Database Connection Server TLO1 User com Password xxx Driver ociw32.dll OCI 7.x When I ping the connection it fails with.. Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Con...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

connecting to wrong connection cache
Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong connection cache ? we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate event. this is our dbparm : Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED' what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using easerver 4.2 thanks for anyadvice Matt Hi, Matt, What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache with a name othe...

Connection object connecting to server
I'm moving from Sybase Central Java Edition 3.2 to EAServer 6.1 and Powerbuilder 8 to PB 10.5. The PB app has been migrated and to the best of my knowledge, I've set up EAServer 6 the same way as Sybase Central was set up. When attempting to login to the application using my loginID and password, I receive the following message: this connection object is not connected to a server. If I use the same login that's used for EAServer 6.1 then it's fine. Any constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks. Developer wrote... > I'm moving from Sybase Central Java...

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

Web resources about - Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder - sybase.easerver

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles