Winsock or connection object

I want to use winsock or connection object to login to UNIX machine and make
some unix commands and send the results or files to powerbuilder again.
How can i make it !?

0
Ashraf
2/23/2001 9:34:35 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Connection object connecting to server
I'm moving from Sybase Central Java Edition 3.2 to EAServer 6.1 and Powerbuilder 8 to PB 10.5. The PB app has been migrated and to the best of my knowledge, I've set up EAServer 6 the same way as Sybase Central was set up. When attempting to login to the application using my loginID and password, I receive the following message: this connection object is not connected to a server. If I use the same login that's used for EAServer 6.1 then it's fine. Any constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks. Developer wrote... > I'm moving from Sybase Central Java...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

SSL connection from a PowerBuilder client to an EAServer component
I am attempting to establish an SSL connection from a PowerBuilder client to an EAServer component. I found a Sybase Solved Case #10886461 all the way back from 2002. I followed all of the suggestions from the case, however I still cannot establish the SSL connection. Has anything changed in either PowerBuilder or EAServer since then that would require a different approach to this rather than what is listed in the referenced Case from above? posting the code you are using and the return values that you are getting would be helpful for anyone trying to answer your question. Are you...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Has anybody tried to connect to a COM object in the Win32 API throught PowerBuilder?
I am attempting to incorporate the Windows Task Scheduler in my application to run periodic jobs for our users. However, I am not sure how to approach this. Is PowerBuilder capable of "talking" to COM objects in the Win32 API? And if so, is PowerBuilder capable of creating an instance of a COM object by calling CoCreateInstance from the API? Thank you, David Cervenan PowerBuilder can talk to COM object -- use the ConnectToNewObject function (you'll need a progid for the COM object you're trying to access) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybas...

Help, Can I share a powerbuilder transaction just like ADODB connection object?
I want to migrate my powerbuilder application to IIS web. I don't want use EAS. But I want to share a powerbuilder transaction used by other PB com object just like ADODB conenction. It is pssible? ...

How to adjust a connection timeout on a connection object
We want to increase a connection timeout on a connection object. We specify Timeout in the connection string. It seems it does not take the specified timeout. Any idea? Hi - What properrty are you using? It must be one of these: LoginTimeOut Connect Timeout Connection Timeout What product are you using and what exactly is happening? Any errors? Or is it just taking a bit longer then the specified timeout? -Paul <PMA.NET> wrote in message news:44504f9b.22af.1681692777@sybase.com... > We want to increase a connection timeout on a connection > object. We sp...

Timeout connecting with .NET connection object
I have a SQL Anywhere 9 database that I can connect to fine via Sybase Central or ISQL. However, when I attempt to connect using the AsaConnection object from the IAnywhere.Data.AsaClient namespace, the open connection call times out. The code works fine on my development box, but I cannot get the connection to work on the production box. Any ideas? Thanks, David ...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Connection object
Hi there, I'am developing a stockmonitor with a online incoming stockfeed from a server. I planned to use the Connection object to set up connection with the server. The Connection object will be based on winsock, ip-nr and port-nr. The stockmonitor runs on Windows 95 (future XP) and is developed with PB 6.5. My questions: - Is this a way to go? Has anyone expirence with this concept? - Are there kown performance isues? - Know bugs? Thanx for replying, John. ...

not connected when I am connected

Connections in powerbuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes It depends on the database. Some (e.g., Oracle) don't have a problem with that. Others (e.g., SQL Server) don't allow a select on a connection that already has a result set pending. In the latter case, you have to create a second connection for the second cursor. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:52:32 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes...

Web resources about - Winsock or connection object - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...