Windows ME and PowerBuilder 7

Yesterday I received the PowerBuilder 7 Enterprise evaluation CD and
installed it onto my Windows ME workstation. Now everytime I reboot I get an
error dialog that tells me that the language dll failed to load and
indicates that the problem file is "wl50??t.dll".

Also, whenever I try to run PowerSite, I am told that Vbox failed to
initialize and the application does not run.

According to my research, PowerBuilder and SQL Anywhere Studio are the
products that will serve us best but I am concerned about these problems. Of
course, Sybase will not support evaluation copies of the software, so I have
to turn to the real experts.

Please e-mail any response to jon@theWIB.org. Thank you!

Jon

0
News
3/1/2001 3:14:53 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1. Note that PowerBuilder 7.0 is not supported on Windows ME, only
Win9x/98/NT (W2K on 7.03 and later)
2. wl50??t.dll -- are you running SQLAnywhere 5.0 on this machine?
3. Try to download and install the latest 7.03 maintenance release -- other
folks found it 'cured' some issues on Windows ME

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"News Server" <Jgravois@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday I received the PowerBuilder 7 Enterprise evaluation CD and
> installed it onto my Windows ME workstation. Now everytime I reboot I get
an
> error dialog that tells me that the language dll failed to load and
> indicates that the problem file is "wl50??t.dll".
>
> Also, whenever I try to run PowerSite, I am told that Vbox failed to
> initialize and the application does not run.
>
> According to my research, PowerBuilder and SQL Anywhere Studio are the
> products that will serve us best but I am concerned about these problems.
Of
> course, Sybase will not support evaluation copies of the software, so I
have
> to turn to the real experts.
>
> Please e-mail any response to jon@theWIB.org. Thank you!
>
> Jon

0
Roy

Windows 2000 PowerBuilder 7.0 deployment and EAServer 4.1 on UNIX
Has anyone successfully deployed a PowerBuilder 7.0 application using EAServer 4.1 on a Unix/Solaris platform and a Windows 2000 platform for the client? I am having difficulty with blobs and resultsets being correctly handled and properly returned from Unix to Windows. If in fact this is a Sybase issue, how does one escalate? The problems I was encountering went away once I upgraded the PowerBuiler on the development machine to Version 7.0.3 build 10135 to match the PB VM 7.0 on EAServer 4.1. ...

PowerBuilder 7 on Windows ME?
Hi All: Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform? Thanks Anthony Chen I've used it in Win ME and now i'm using 7.0.3., since the upgrade it gives less protection faults. "AnthonyChen" <anthonychen@mpinfo.com.tw> escreveu na mensagem news:PyLJSPKcAHA.216@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All: > Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform? > > Thanks > > Anthony Chen > > > >...

PowerBuilder and Windows 7
I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder and Windows 7 support. We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7 soon. We currently use PB 11.2. Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5? And when? Historically, PB has seldom added official support for OSes in maintenance release; this usually comes in major releases. I've heard Sybase say Win7 support will be in PB12. That being said, MS seems to have done a pretty good job on ap compatibility, and several PB apps have been running on ...

Powerbuilder 7 and Windows 2000
I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. Does anyone know where such information can be found? Thanks I believe PB v7.04 and PB 8.0 support Windows 2000. "Ann Lyman" <ann_lyman@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:XkJLPHz#AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to > which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. > Does anyone know where such information can be...

Powerbuilder 7 on Windows 2000?
We are trying to run a powerbuilder application on Windows 2000 Server running windows terminal services. When the application starts we get the error Null Object Reference for the instantiation of pfc_app_manager. This exact same executable runs fine on Windows NT and Windows 98. Note..we are running Powerbuilder 7.02 build 8033. Thanks George It sounds like it can't find all the pbd's in your library path. Make sure all your pbd's are accounted for and in the same directory as the exe. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.c...

PowerBuilder 7 and Windows 2003
Hello group, Has anyone tried to install PB 7.03 to Windows 2003? I need some feedback. I installed succesfully and try to run an application. If I try to use the F keyes (F1 F2 etc) then it gpfs. I know PB 7 is out of support but has anyone done anything similar? Regards Dimitris Karistinos I believe that the first version of PB to be certified on W2003 is PB 9.0.2. "Dimitris Karistinos" <dkaris@relational.gr> wrote in message news:418b48b1@forums-1-dub... > Hello group, > Has anyone tried to install PB 7.03 to Windows 2003? > > I n...

Powerbuilder compatibility with windows 7
Hi, I am purchasing a new laptop. They now come with windows 7. Dell offers 32bit, HP offers 64bit. I am running PB 11.5 and ASA 11. Can I use the 64 bit. Also, does anybody report trouble using the AMD processors? Thanks very much. Mel Polatchek Hi Mel; PB 11.5.1 that I am running works well on W7 both on the 32 and 64 bit varieties. However, even with PB 12.1 (latest version) - PB is still a 32 bit IDE that generates 32 bit application code. So in order to run on 64 bit systems, you need to make sure that any external DLL's called and DBMS client interfaces are...

Powerbuilder, FTP and Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5. I have an application that one of the lots of thing that do is sending a file through FTP. I use a well known user object that uses the wininet.dll library (http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_ftpedit.html). All works fine in Windows XP, but in Windows 7 don't. Anyone knows how make it work in Windows 7? Thanks. I have not tried the sample code from Topwiz so I have not comment on that code. I have however used a c# assembly called via COM or from .Net deploy. FTP is very simple in native c# framework and you should not have to...

Size of Window
Hi all, I am again with a problem with windows. When I create a big window, when I put a Vertical Scroll, it works fine, but, the scroll continue showing more than the content of the window. Then I have a big grey area bellow the end of my window. I've tried to change the UnitsPerLine propertie in the Scroll tab of the window properties. It worked, but not as I wanted, because, ever time I change the height of my window I have to change this, and it depends on the resolution the user is using. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks a lot. Renne Rocha r...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

PowerBuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? Thank you! LPG Please post to the relevant powerbuilder.xxx forum. This is an easerver forum for PB developers. thanks, Bill PS. PB7.03 is certified for Win2K LPG wrote: > Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? > > Thank you! > > LPG -- Bill Green[TeamSybase] ----------------------------------------------------------- Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/ Good Links to know, good places to go: Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often ...

PowerBuilder 7 Instability on ALL Windows platforms
Help!! Help!! Are you also experiencing the below listed problems???? Issues surrounding PowerBuilder 7.x 1. Loses its layout regularly for no apparent reason. 2. Throws scripts away of functions or events. 3. Places scripts in events not selected at time of programming. 4. At times script works through debugger and not during test/runtime even after rebuilding or optimizing. (Even migration doesn&#8217;t resolve this). 5. Datawindow crashes at random. 6. Composite datawindow throws away internally passed arguments at random. 7. Sometimes shows displayed JPG files in design ...

PowerBuilder 7 on windows XP Professional
Hello Does anybody know if PB 7 is supported on Windows XP Professional? Also, PB 7 is very slow on a computer with windows 2000 (upto 12 minutes to save..) but fast on windows 98 (but much slower computer).. The question is does anybody have experienced problems of speed with Windows XP Professional and PB 7? Thank you all in advance for responses. Hello Roy.. Thank you for the response. Do you have any comments on PB 7 being slow on a windows 2000 computer? we use Objectcycle and checking in, out and even saving to my hard drive of objects checked out takes 12 mins app...

PowerBuilder 11.5 and Windows 7
What is the current status of applications build with 11.5 functioning in Windows 7? I haven't really found anything other than documentation stating that PB12 will support Win7. Depends if you are asking 'is it supported' or 'does it run'. I have no inside knowledge but my guess is Official support will probably come in the next MR. The does it run question can only be answered by you testing your app. Vista and 7 introduced additional security restrictions on placement of updateable files and certain types of registry settings. "James Fisher"...

Web resources about - Windows ME and PowerBuilder 7 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles