Which platforms?

Sybase literature proudly boasts that EAServer works on NT, Sun Solaris, HP
UX and IBM AIX, but I can't find anything that says which of these is
possible if you're using PB (version 8) components. Can anyone tell me or,
better, point me to a Sybase document which I can quote?
0
Ben
10/2/2001 11:16:50 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to change date format returned from PowerBuilder component running on EAServer on Sun Solaris platform?
Dear All, I use EAServer 4.1.3 build 41316 and PowerBuilder Virtual Machine (PBVM) 8.0.3 build 9704 on Sun Solaris platform. The date format returned from PowerBuilder component running on the EAServer is always mm/dd/yyyy, but what I want is dd/mm/yyyy. Is there any way to change this date format? In the example below, I pass a string with a date (inputDate) in the format dd/mm/yyyy to a PowerBuilder component, and then run the function IsDate(inputDate) which returns FALSE. Example: // This prints mm/dd/yyyy and should be dd/mm/yyyy of_Debug( "System Date Format:...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

Powerbuilder platforms
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder and appreciate information what target platforms are supported by Powerbuilder? Thanks Bodo Bodo, I'm not sure to what you are referring when you say target but I'll take a stab at answering your question. Powerbuilder the development platform only runs on Windows (XP, Vista, etc). Applications can be written and deployed only to Windows platforms. Powerbuilder mobile applications can also be written then deployed to Windows Mobile devices. If you also care to know, Powerbuilder components can be deployed to both Sybase and third par...

PowerBuilder For Different Platforms
We have developed an application in Powerbuilder(6.5) for MS. Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, 98, etc.) Now we want to run the same application on Platforms (UNIX, MAC, SOLARIS, AIX, LINUX) 1. Do we need to compile the same application on those platforms saparately, or it will run on all the Platforms without compilation ? 2. Which of the features will not work on above mentioned Platforms? 3. What kind of changes do we require to run this application for the different platforms? Any comments or references will highly be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Javaid Khurshid Javaid_khur...

GetContextService, PowerBuilder and EAServer
Hi All, When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. But when I write the same code for EAServer, I get no values in ls_values[]. Is there any problem in using GetContextKeywords on EAServer? li_return = This.GetContextService(ls_keyword, lcx_key) lcx_key.GetContextKeywords("temp", ls_values[]) TIA sybase wrote: > Hi All, > When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns > the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. > ...

PowerBuilder/PFC and EAServer
Is anyone out there developing an EAServer-based application with a PowerBuilder/PFC front-end? In the client-server days, we could depend on a database connection being around typically for the life of the application. This worked great for PFC applications, as much of the PFC relies on this connection. With the advent of EAServer and n-tier, however, we are supposed to develop middle-tier functionality that connects to the db only as needed and only for as long as needed. We are having a problem integrating the PFC (with it's dependency on the db) with middle-tier components d...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu EAServer is an application and component transaction server. In other words, it "hosts" your components, which are exposed as J2EE standard EJBs. Java apps can invoke your PB components and your PB app can invoke Java components and all...

PowerBuilder EAServer and TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK
Hi, I am using PB 9 and EAServer 5 When I call a function on EAServer from PowerBuilder, I am getting following error message [I am using datastore and transaction object in my application that have been deployed on EAServer]: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0095) CORBA Objects may not be created locally. at line 10286 in create event of object corbaobject of _typedef SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Brian ...

Mac platform and PowerBuilder
Hi, I want to know how it is possible for us to run our PB application on Mac platform. We don't have any experience on this platform. We use OLE and SQLA in our applications. Is it possible to make OLE connections to MS Word on Macintosh? I don't think SQLA runs on Macintosh but is there any other ODBC engine available? etc. etc. Thanks for any help. Adnan. Pilot Software Inc. Turkey Yes and no. There is a mac version of PB6, but Sybase de-supported PB on the mac platform shortly after it was released. You might be able to find a copy still from Programmers Par...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

PowerBuilder or EAServer problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C810B4.E1DCF0D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Not sure if I'm running into a PowerBuilder or EAServer issue but here's = the problem (I'm thinking it's PB) I have a Dell D620 laptop with both a wired NIC and Wireless NIC. While = at work I typically have both connected to "a" network. The wired is = always connected to our domain, the wireless may be connected to the = domain or connected to our external "...

Powerbuilder/EAServer framework
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Check out the framework from cynergysystems.com. -- Jason Weiss eBusiness Systems Group "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tIG04vzqBHA.204@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make the...

Web resources about - Which platforms? - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why Influencers Are Key to Your Content Platform
The New Year is upon us, the marketing statistics are coming out, and the numbers on content marketing remain confusing. As it becomes more pervasive ...

AMD Announces A10-7890K APU and Upgrades Desktop Platforms
AMD plans to improve performance of its desktop computing platforms by launching a new accelerated processing unit as well as another generation ...

Mercedes developing EVA platform for four electric vehicles
... , Crossover , Sedan , Electric , Future , Luxury Car reports that Mercedes is developing four Tesla fighters to all ride on a new EVA platform. ...

IBM’s Rometty Wants You to Know They’re a ‘Cognitive Solutions Cloud Platform Company’
Wednesday evening at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, one of the more unlikely keynotes, at least for a nominally consumer conference, was given ...

Microsoft unwraps a big-data analytics platform based on R
Microsoft this week took the next step following its acquisition of Revolution Analytics last year by unwrapping an advanced-analytics platform ...

This budgeting platform thinks ahead for those of us stuck in the now
This post is brought to you by You Need A Budget. Given today’s economy, there’s a good chance you’re a freelancer. The self-employed, as much ...

Broadcom Targets Cars, Home Networking, Mobile Platforms at CES
The chip maker's new products include SoCs to help with navigation in connected vehicles and for high-end routers in the home.

The Recruiting Platform That Facebook Uses To Tackle Its Diversity Problem
Jopwell is tackling the pipeline problem to help boost diversity in Silicon Valley and everywhere. Transparency isn't just a business buzzword. ...

Nvidia's DRIVE PX 2 Platform Gives It A Giant Leap In The Autonomous Car Market
Graphics Processors (GPUs) manufacturer Nvidia kick-started the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show with the launch of DRIVE PX-2, a lunch-box size ...