Problem with Powerbuilder 7.0.3 & EAServer 4.0

Hi Everybody:

I have an aplication based on Dynamo-Jaguar with PB components. It's
working fine with Powerbuilder 7.0 and EAS 3.6.1, but when I try the 4.0
version of EAS I got problems:

  " In my dynamo pages there is a java.CreateComponent and it simply fails
"

( I'm compiling my stubs/skeletons from the Jaguar Manager. When I try to
compile them from DOS, i get a lot of messages telling me that it couldn't
find some objets )

Any help?

My case is very critic since i'm installing my application with the client.

Thanks in advance
VICTOR CHACON
0
VICTOR_CHACON
4/25/2002 6:16:20 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

why not use JagMan to compile the stubs?

--
Adam Simmonds
FlexSIS Project - System Architect/Web Development

She wrote me a john-dear letter...something about me not listening
enough, I don't know...I wasn't really paying attention - Harry: Dumb and
Dumber

Adam
4/25/2002 9:53:22 PM
Hi:

Thanks for your attention.

I usually compile the stubs/skeletons from DOS because in my version 3.6.1,=
=20
I was not able to generate them from the Jaguar Manager (I usually got a=20
message), so I didn't trust Jaguar Manager for generate them.

Well, in this version it seems that works fine from the JaguarManager but I=
=20
actually started checking this because from my pages I obtained an error=20
when I send the java.CreateComponent "Jaguar classes were not found in the =

CLASSPATH"

I followed the instructions in this article,=20
http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id=5Fnumber=3D10792266, but no=
w i=20
get the message: "Unable to start specified Java VM"

I downloaded the JDK 1.2.2 and nothing.

What can I do?

V=EDctor Chac=F3n

0
VICTOR_CHACON

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Problems with Powerbuilder 8.0.3 and EaServer 4.2.1.
Hello all, We have an Powerbuilder Aplication and Powerbuilder components in EAServer. We were working with Powerbuilder 8.0.3.Build 9704 and Easerver 4.1.1., the aplication was working fine but we migrated Easerver to version 4.2.1. then the aplication has problems with Powerbuilder components and sometimes works well but other times works bad. Could anybody help me to fix the problem, please? Thank a lot. Tonny Cardenas / Owens Illinois, Inc. You've got a P missing- aPPlication - in EAS 4.2.1 it requires two P's. ;) ....was there any other problem - errors t...

UPDATEBLOB in Powerbuilder 7.0.3/ Oracle 8.0.4
I have problems with perfoming ROLLBACK after call to UPDATEBLOB from PowerBuilder 7.0.3 with Orcale 8.0.4. The blob- object in the database is of type BLOB. Autocommit is turned off for the SQLCA-object. When UPDATEBLOB is executed, the ROLLBACK will have no effect, even if ROLLBACK is called at once after call to UPDATEBLOB: UPDATEBLOB blob_table SET blob_field = :iblob_new_blob WHERE blob_nr = :ll_blob_nr USING SQLCA; ROLLBACK USING SQLCA; In other discussions here on Sybase Support, I have read that UPDATEBLOB does not perform COMMIT. If this is true, why does not ROL...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

Test on Powerbuilder 4.0 & Watcom 4.0
Just want to share with u some of the test that we have done to prove that Powerbuilder 4.0 version and Watcom 4 database engine complies with Y2K requirements and there's no need for 6.0 conversion. This is on the assumption that ur computer is Y2K and your apps use a 4 digit code for all your "Year" data-entry requirements. We tested both PB4 and PB6 application using Watcom 4 (not Y2K compliant as they say?) and SQLAnywhere 5.5 respectively. Test 1 1. I created a dummy table with two date fields. 2. I created a datawindows data-entry screen and prepared 'm...

XP sp1 & PowerBuilder 7.0.3.10180/8.0.2.9506
Prior to installing Windows XP sp1, I had no problems compiling to machine code (.exe & .dll) with 7.0.3. After sp1, every compile fails. The log states CGEN: Compiling then CGEN: Linking... cannot open xxx.obj : No such file or directory. I upgraded to 8.0.2 and the problem still exists. If I compile to .pdb's, everything is fine. Is there another log file that would show what could be happening? There's a document of troubleshooting machine code problems at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=44536. However, the general feeling among the developer community is th...

PowerBuilder 8.0.3 PVCS VM 7.5.1.0 Performance problems
as I have been browsing through the database I've found several inputs in regards to performance issues for Powerbuilder working together with PVCS. Does anyone have the experience that registering a new object with PVCS it does take an immense amout (not seconds, minutes!) of time? PVCS and PB are installed locally. The PVCS project and the PBL reside on the network. Any help is welcome! thanks Martin Um...On PVCS, we've got the pbls on each developer's workstation. The repository is on the network. As I've read from Paul Horan's post, having the PB...

Windows 2000 PowerBuilder 7.0 deployment and EAServer 4.1 on UNIX
Has anyone successfully deployed a PowerBuilder 7.0 application using EAServer 4.1 on a Unix/Solaris platform and a Windows 2000 platform for the client? I am having difficulty with blobs and resultsets being correctly handled and properly returned from Unix to Windows. If in fact this is a Sybase issue, how does one escalate? The problems I was encountering went away once I upgraded the PowerBuiler on the development machine to Version 7.0.3 build 10135 to match the PB VM 7.0 on EAServer 4.1. ...

EA Server 3.0 Powerbuilder 7.0 Ingres 6.4 Open Link 1.55
I have an EA Server 3.0 component built with Powerbuilder 7.0 using Open Link 1.55 to access an Ingres VAX database. The component launches fine the first time, but if I launch a second instance it locks up. Using SQL Net and Oracle 7.3.4, my component works fine ... multithreaded. Any ideas? Thanks, Paula Could it be an issue with the connection caching? What if you choose to FORCE the connection istead of WAIT. Does it make a difference? Do any errors show up in the servee log? Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Paula Bosch wrote: > I have an EA S...

Error ORA-01460 in PowerBuilder 7.0.2/7.0.3
Hello, I have several applications developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and database Oracle 8.1.6. Now, we upgrade Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 and in some application I will appear the error "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" when recovering the information of the database. I have upgraded PowerBuilder 7.0.2 to PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (Build 10213) and the problem persists. Any help that you can give me will be welcome Thank you Oscar Can you run the database application in trace mode and ...

Web resources about - Problem with Powerbuilder 7.0.3 & EAServer 4.0 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles