PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS

I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a
sample JAWS  application. I downloaded a document working
with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar
files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the
installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I
typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a
404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I
would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks
(EAServer Newbie)
0
Paul
12/30/2003 2:28:39 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on
localhost?  Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just
http://localhost:8080?  Also, remember that the url is case
sensitive - if the servlet is installed as "jaws" you won't
be able to access it as "Jaws"

> I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a
> sample JAWS  application. I downloaded a document working
> with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar
> files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the
> installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when
> I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I
> get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any
> suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.
>
> Thanks
> (EAServer Newbie)
0
Mark
12/30/2003 11:25:59 PM
I tried the http://localhost:8080? and I get a HTTP Error
403 - Forbidden. I check the listner for HTTP and it is set
to localhost. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

> Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on
> localhost?  Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just
> http://localhost:8080?  Also, remember that the url is
> case sensitive - if the servlet is installed as "jaws" you
> won't be able to access it as "Jaws"
>
> > I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do
> > a sample JAWS  application. I downloaded a document
> > working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding
> > Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to
> > do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work
> > fine but when I typed in the url
> > http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page
> > cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would
> greatly appreciate them. >
> > Thanks
> > (EAServer Newbie)
0
Paul
12/31/2003 4:51:48 PM
What did you set as your default component and default method?

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO

<Paul Meleton> wrote in message news:3ff18d89.6f40.846930886@sybase.com...
> I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a
> sample JAWS  application. I downloaded a document working
> with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar
> files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the
> installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I
> typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a
> 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I
> would greatly appreciate them.
>
> Thanks
> (EAServer Newbie)

0
Dean
1/2/2004 4:55:22 PM
Just to try something different, you may want to unzip the jar file and put
it directly in your EAServer classes folder (I believe in the
"...html\classes" folder).  For some reason, and it might have just been me,
I never could get Jaws to work as a jar file.  I had to extract the detail
files and folders and put them into the actual directory.  And yes, I tried
putting the jar file directory (including the actual jar name) into the
CLASSPATH environment variable - but it still didn't work.

A.J. Rodriguez