Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider

Hi,
I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver
for Lotus Notes.  Recently, a customer reported a problem between
Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers
(named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql).  I had gotten
an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and
tested the connection and saw the issue.

The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and
the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their
respective fields in the database profile causes a general protection fault
in Powerbuilder.  This gpf does not occur if the Username and Password are
left off (in that case, NotesSQL prompts the user for their password).

I turned on Tracing through the ODBC Administrator and tried both scenarios
(no username/password stored in the db profile and username/password stored
in the db profile), and then diff'd the traces and found that a very
important piece wasn't happening when the username/password was stored in
the profile.  Powerbuilder isn't cleanly disconnecting from the driver
before exiting it,  ie: it doesn't disconnect from the database or free
that connection before clearing the environment.  Please see the diff'd
version pictured  here
(http://www.geocities.com/rwilkins108/PBIssue/windiff.jpg).  I didn't
include (but I still have available) the log files used to generate this
diff.  You will see there are items that appear to be different, but those
are just handles, the whole section in Yellow is missing when storing
username/password in the profile.

I have also included pictures of the db connection properties
(http://www.geocities.com/rwilkins108/PBIssue/properties.jpg) and the gpf
that occurs right after trying to connect
(http://www.geocities.com/rwilkins108/PBIssue/error.jpg).

Thank you,
Ronald Wilkins
Lotus Developement Corp.
Subsidary IBM Corp.
0
Ron_Wilkins
5/7/2001 2:38:47 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ron,

This isn't the best avenue to obtain vendor-to-vendor support.  Since
the problem involves a mutual customer, I would suggest going through
your TSA-Net representative to open an issue with Sybase Technical
Support.  If you are not aware of this program, please e-mail me
directly at joneil@sybase.com and I can give you the points-of-contact
within Lotus that can initiate this process for you.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support

On Mon, 7 May 2001 10:38:47 -0400, Ron_Wilkins wrote:

>Hi,
>I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver
>for Lotus Notes.  Recently, a customer reported a problem between
>Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers
>(named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql).  I had gotten
>an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and
>tested the connection and saw the issue.
>
>The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and
>the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their
>respective fields in the database profile causes a general protection fault
>in Powerbuilder.  This gpf does not occur if the Username and Password are
>left off (in that case, NotesSQL prompts the user for their password).
>
>I turned on Tracing through the ODBC Administrator and tried both scenarios
>(no username/password stored in the db profile and username/password stored
>in the db profile), and then diff'd the traces and found that a very
>important piece wasn't happening when the username/password was stored in
>the profile.  Powerbuilder isn't cleanly disconnecting from the driver
>before exiting it,  ie: it doesn't disconnect from the database or free
>that connection before clearing the environment.  Please see the diff'd
>version pictured  here
>(http://www.geocities.com/rwilkins108/PBIssue/windiff.jpg).  I didn't
>include (but I still have available) the log files used to generate this
>diff.  You will see there are items that appear to be different, but those
>are just handles, the whole section in Yellow is missing when storing
>username/password in the profile.
>
>I have also included pictures of the db connection properties
>(http://www.geocities.com/rwilkins108/PBIssue/properties.jpg) and the gpf
>that occurs right after trying to connect
>(http://www.geocities.com/rwilkins108/PBIssue/error.jpg).
>
>Thank you,
>Ronald Wilkins
>Lotus Developement Corp.
>Subsidary IBM Corp.

0
joneil

Lotus Notes and PowerBuilder via ODBC
I am trying to connect PB to a Lotus Notes .nsf database using the 3.0 version of the NotesSQL ODBC driver. Whenever I try to connect in PB, it says 'Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.'. I click on OK, and the PB blows away. This happens with PB version 6.5 and 9.0. Anyone have any ideas? I have read elsewhere in this forum that the 2.0.6 version of NotesSQL seemed to work fine with PB and that the problems started with version 3.0. Thanks... Turn off your repository tables. I cannot remember the specific steps in PB 6.x but in PB9, g...

Connect to Lotus Notes via odbc
Anyone has used Lotus NotesSQL to acces via ODBC a lotus notes database ?. I�ve problems with connectionstring. I can�t connect with the database, and a very simple sample will be welcome. Many thanks: Natalia ...

problem with powerbuilder and ODBC lotus notes
Hello, I am programmeur in Powerbuilder 5.0.03 and I develop at this time a program that has to send a text file of more of 254 bytes in the field Body of the table Memo under Lotus Note 4.6. I attack this table with SQL server 6.5. My request is the following: INSERT INTO (Recipients,SendTo, Subject,Body) VALUES ('"lcl_strgRecipients,'"lcl_strgSendTo','"lcl_strgSubject"','"lcl_strgBody"' ); My variable lcl_strgBody is superior 254 bytes and when I put on the way the request, I have the message of error following: strin...

Powerbuilder/Lotus Note
Has someone been able to send mail from powerbuilder to Lotus Notes. Will be appreciated if you could advise. using PB 5.04, Oracle , Lotus Notes 4.6. I am trying to use DDE but it seems the ExecRemote function is not working. thanks in advance I'd highly recommend using something like IDSMail to interface with Notes to do email. On Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:40:04 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general,sybase.public.sqlserver.general martass <martina@necho.com> wrote: >Has someone been able to send mail from powerbuilder to Lotus Notes. Will be >a...

Powerbuilder/Lotus Note
Has someone been able to send mail from powerbuilder to Lotus Notes. Will be appreciated if you could advise. using PB 5.04, Oracle , Lotus Notes 4.6. I am trying to use DDE but it seems the ExecRemote function is not working. thanks in advance Yes. I have a modified version of the Notes Service that comes with the PowerBuilder Library for Lotus Notes (a Custom Install option in PB5). Send me an e-mail and I will send it to you. Bill martass wrote: > Has someone been able to send mail from powerbuilder to Lotus Notes. Will be > appreciated if you could adv...

Powerbuilder and Lotus Note
Hi, I am using an application developed using powerbuilder 5.04 on my workstation with Lotus Note 5.04a installed. I found that the application is not running very stable on my machine, but it works fine in other machine without Lotus Note. I am just wondering if there is any conflict between Powerbuilder and Lotus Note. Any hints to me to resolve the problem ? Thanks, Johnny I have both PB 5.04 and Lotus Note 5.05 on my machine. It works fine. My OS is Win98. "Johnny Wang" <johnny@onestudio.com> wrote in message news:li#whNYFBHA.202@forums.sybase.com...

Powerbuilder with Lotus notes
Hi Gurus, Is there anyway to use PB mail object with lotus notes. I am using PB7 with sybasr SQL Anywhere. My challange is to send mail from PB application using my lotus notes instead is MS Mail. Please enlight me. Thanks Vino Lotus Notes offers a MAPI interface. Please read your Notes documentation on how to install and configure MAPI. That said, you may be better served, if you are using newer versions of Notes, to implement your solution with the Notes control, i.e., via OLE, rather than MAPI. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8...

PowerBuilder and Lotus Notes Mail
I'm having a problem sending a mail from powerbuilder using lotus notes API. Which API to use c , c++ or VIM ?? A sample code would be a great help Thanks in anticipation Regards Harinder harindersaluja@yahoo.com A lotus notes pbl and sample does come with PB 6.x. Install it using custom install and if you do the tutorial it give you all the basics you need. Hope this helps. Harpreet harindersaluja@yahoo.com wrote: > I'm having a problem sending a mail from powerbuilder using lotus notes API. > Which API to use c , c++ or VIM ?? > > A ...

Powerbuilder/Lotus Notes integration
I need to update Lotus notes database from powerbuilder application. to be more specific I need to update Lotus calendar with new information that will be entered via pb window. Does anybody know how to do this ? With Notes 5.02b or greater you can use Notes as a COM object. Or, you can download the Notes ODBC driver from Lotus. On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:53:20 -0400, "gene" <gene.shnayder@pcdocs.com> wrote: >I need to update Lotus notes database from powerbuilder application. >to be more specific I need to update Lotus calendar with new information >that...

Using Lotus Notes in Powerbuilder
Friends, Here is the requirement of my friend. He would like to send Email using Lotus Notes from Powerbuilder application. By having a Powerbuilder window with To, CC, Subject fields and calling the commands of Lotus Notes using DDE, He can do the basic emailing. Now the requirement is whenever an email is being sent , the subject and the attachment files of that email also have to be stored in the database. How can it be done? Can He still use DDE to do that or need to do something else? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated Thanks, saravanan See IDSMail at http://www.int...

Powerbuilder Library for Lotus Notes
Can the PBL for Lotus Notes be used to mail-enable an application? Tech Note 44650 says that it can't with PB 5 and Notes 4.x but a reseller told me it could with PB 6.0. Is this true and if so, where can I find documentation or a sample of how to do it? Thanks, Rick Norris try doc id=42002 from the sybase web site Rick Norris wrote in message ... >Can the PBL for Lotus Notes be used to mail-enable an application? Tech >Note 44650 says that it can't with PB 5 and Notes 4.x but a reseller told me >it could with PB 6.0. Is this true and if so, where can...

Powerbuilder To Unix or Lotus Notes
Hi, I have a datawindow that retrieves up to several pages of data from which I create a pdf file. I want to be able to send this pdf file attached to an email. I cannot use Outlook Express. I need to use either Lotus Notes or we currently have a table in Sybase database, where email information is stored and a Unix script polls every 5 minutes to sweep out and send the emails in that table. A file can be attached if it is stored in a directory on the Unix box. My questions are... Is there a way to send the pdf file to this Unix directory from within Powerbuilder? Or...

Lotus notes GetUserInfo not working in Powerbuilder
I'm trying to get the Lotus Notes Email file name of the user in a PB 5.04 application. I'm using Lotus Notes v 5.05. I have the following PB code: //==================== .. .. .. // There is code above that already has loo_NotesSes connected and working. OLEObject loo_NotesReg STRING ls_MServer STRING ls_MFile = '' STRING ls_MDomain INTEGER ll_MSystem STRING ls_MProfile STRING ls_MName = 'User Name' loo_NotesReg = CREATE OLEObject loo_NotesReg = loo_NotesSes.CreateRegistration() loo_NotesReg.RegistrationServer = 'MyServer' loo_NotesReg.G...

powerbuilder mailsession mapi to lotus notes
Our pb9 app sends email by using mailSession. A new customer uses Lotus Notes and our email capability is not working there. Does anyone know how our pb9 app might work with both Outlook and Lotus Notes? Thanks, Doug Mailsession uses MAPI and Notes doesn't always. Last time I went near Notes (v6) I had to install MAPI support as an installable option which I may have had to download. It was a long time ago, maybe it was a check box on the installer but I did get it working sort of. Clive "Doug Stone" <nospamdstoneatres-qdotcom> wrote in m...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles