PowerBuilder and SSL to EAServer

Hi,

    Would like to use iiops for connecting to EAServer. I tried few options
and none seems to be working.
From the help file, I tried the following :

SSLServiceProvider sp
GetContextService( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
int rc
string ls_values[]
rc = sp.GetGlobalProperty("availableQop", ls_values)
IF rc <> 0 THEN
   MessageBox("Get Qop Failed", "rc = " + string(rc))
   RETURN
END IF

And I am getting -10 as the return value (-10  => An EAServer or SSL failure
has occurred )

Can anybody help me to find whats missing here?

Also, I tried using the following methods, ignoring the above message:
SSLServiceProvider   sp
getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
sp.setglobalproperty( "qop", "sybpks_simple" )
sp.setglobalproperty( "pin", "sybase" )
connection  cxn
cxn = Create Connection
cxn.userid   = "jagadmin"
cxn.password = "mypassword"
cxn.driver   = "jaguar"
cxn.options     = "ORBLogFile='c:\temp\PBJagClient.Log'"
cxn.location = "iiops://myserver:9001"
 TRY
    l_rc = cxn.ConnectToServer()
CATCH ( Exception ex )
    MessageBox("Exception Caught",     "ConnectToServer caught: " +
ex.getMessage() )
 END TRY

And this message returns 57 as the error code and it takes sometime before
it returns this error code.
And the ORB log file says one line "myserver:SSL:9001 - No suitable profiles
found"

Can anybody help on this?

Thanks for your help,
Srini

0
Srinivasan
8/5/2005 5:33:15 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It seems like you need make some setting in your EAServer.

Check if you have the IIOPS Listener created (host = myserver, port=9001),
Check if you have in your listener an "EAServer Security Profile", this is
so much important.

For your example you don't need to much, Use it the "sample1" security
profile, that should be enough. But if this doesn't work you will need to
connect to the Security Manager, for make all the Security configuration.

Best regards
Alexander Pire

"Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     Would like to use iiops for connecting to EAServer. I tried few
options
> and none seems to be working.
> From the help file, I tried the following :
>
> SSLServiceProvider sp
> GetContextService( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
> int rc
> string ls_values[]
> rc = sp.GetGlobalProperty("availableQop", ls_values)
> IF rc <> 0 THEN
>    MessageBox("Get Qop Failed", "rc = " + string(rc))
>    RETURN
> END IF
>
> And I am getting -10 as the return value (-10  => An EAServer or SSL
failure
> has occurred )
>
> Can anybody help me to find whats missing here?
>
> Also, I tried using the following methods, ignoring the above message:
> SSLServiceProvider   sp
> getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
> sp.setglobalproperty( "qop", "sybpks_simple" )
> sp.setglobalproperty( "pin", "sybase" )
> connection  cxn
> cxn = Create Connection
> cxn.userid   = "jagadmin"
> cxn.password = "mypassword"
> cxn.driver   = "jaguar"
> cxn.options     = "ORBLogFile='c:\temp\PBJagClient.Log'"
> cxn.location = "iiops://myserver:9001"
>  TRY
>     l_rc = cxn.ConnectToServer()
> CATCH ( Exception ex )
>     MessageBox("Exception Caught",     "ConnectToServer caught: " +
> ex.getMessage() )
>  END TRY
>
> And this message returns 57 as the error code and it takes sometime before
> it returns this error code.
> And the ORB log file says one line "myserver:SSL:9001 - No suitable
profiles
> found"
>
> Can anybody help on this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Srini

0
Alexander
8/5/2005 6:59:56 PM
Thanks for the reply!

And I thought the same.. It should be very simple... But it did not work..

I have the listener set up at 9001 for iiops and it had the eas security
profile as our own profile. (with our cert etc) I changed to "sample1" to
try. Still no luck... :-(

Method still returns 57.

And from jaguar manager, I can connect to eas using "secure connection" ie.
thru iiops and port 9001
This works fine. So I am assuming it is something to do with powerbuilder.

Why is any operation on SSLServiceProvider object returns -10 value? Is this
telling us something?

Thanks,
Srini

"Alexander Pire" <alexander.pire@corporacionsybven.com> wrote in message
> It seems like you need make some setting in your EAServer.
>
> Check if you have the IIOPS Listener created (host = myserver, port=9001),
> Check if you have in your listener an "EAServer Security Profile", this is
> so much important.
>
> For your example you don't need to much, Use it the "sample1" security
> profile, that should be enough. But if this doesn't work you will need to
> connect to the Security Manager, for make all the Security configuration.
>
> Best regards
> Alexander Pire
>
> "Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>>     Would like to use iiops for connecting to EAServer. I tried few
> options
>> and none seems to be working.
>> From the help file, I tried the following :
>>
>> SSLServiceProvider sp
>> GetContextService( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
>> int rc
>> string ls_values[]
>> rc = sp.GetGlobalProperty("availableQop", ls_values)
>> IF rc <> 0 THEN
>>    MessageBox("Get Qop Failed", "rc = " + string(rc))
>>    RETURN
>> END IF
>>
>> And I am getting -10 as the return value (-10  => An EAServer or SSL
> failure
>> has occurred )
>>
>> Can anybody help me to find whats missing here?
>>
>> Also, I tried using the following methods, ignoring the above message:
>> SSLServiceProvider   sp
>> getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
>> sp.setglobalproperty( "qop", "sybpks_simple" )
>> sp.setglobalproperty( "pin", "sybase" )
>> connection  cxn
>> cxn = Create Connection
>> cxn.userid   = "jagadmin"
>> cxn.password = "mypassword"
>> cxn.driver   = "jaguar"
>> cxn.options     = "ORBLogFile='c:\temp\PBJagClient.Log'"
>> cxn.location = "iiops://myserver:9001"
>>  TRY
>>     l_rc = cxn.ConnectToServer()
>> CATCH ( Exception ex )
>>     MessageBox("Exception Caught",     "ConnectToServer caught: " +
>> ex.getMessage() )
>>  END TRY
>>
>> And this message returns 57 as the error code and it takes sometime
>> before
>> it returns this error code.
>> And the ORB log file says one line "myserver:SSL:9001 - No suitable
> profiles
>> found"
>>
>> Can anybody help on this?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Srini

0
Srinivasan
8/5/2005 8:55:14 PM
I reproduced your problem here and it work fine.

Check another think, like FireWalls or Proxys. After that check with netstat
command if the EAServer listener its active.

If you want, you can feel free to send me the execution command output
(netstat -an if you are in windows)

Bye

> [...]
> >> getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
> >> sp.setglobalproperty( "qop", "sybpks_simple" )
> >> sp.setglobalproperty( "pin", "sybase" )
> >> connection  cxn
> >> cxn = Create Connection
> >> cxn.userid   = "jagadmin"
> >> cxn.password = "mypassword"
> >> cxn.driver   = "jaguar"
> >> cxn.options     = "ORBLogFile='c:\temp\PBJagClient.Log'"
> >> cxn.location = "iiops://myserver:9001"
> >>  TRY
> >>     l_rc = cxn.ConnectToServer()
> >> CATCH ( Exception ex )
> >>     MessageBox("Exception Caught",     "ConnectToServer caught: " +
> >> ex.getMessage() )
> >>  END TRY
> >>
> >> And this message returns 57 as the error code and it takes sometime
> >> before
> >> it returns this error code.
> >> And the ORB log file says one line "myserver:SSL:9001 - No suitable

0
Alexander
    Here is the netstat -an output (related to EAS ports )

     TCP    171.64.30.158:80       0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
     TCP    171.64.30.158:9000     0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
     TCP    171.64.30.158:9001     0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
     TCP    171.64.30.158:9005     0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

And I am running all on my machine. No proxies, firewalls ....
This is again another sample code I tried... Same result... Got the message
saying Get QOP Failed with -10

SSLServiceProvider sp
GetContextService( "SSLServiceProvider", sp )
int i, rc
string ls_values[]
rc = sp.GetGlobalProperty("availableQop", ls_values)
IF rc <> 0 THEN
   MessageBox("Get Qop Failed", "rc = " + string(rc))
   RETURN
END IF

Since it works in your place, I am wondering is there anything I need to
install/configure specifically
for this to work?  ( When i tried installing components in EAS, it said
Runtime files for SSL connection is already installed ).  But do I need to
do any more configuration? Is this using clinet machine JRE somehow?
Do you have anything specific in your classpath?

Thanks a lot for taking effort to answer my questions!

>I reproduced your problem here and it work fine.
>
> Check another think, like FireWalls or Proxys. After that check with
> netstat
> command if the EAServer listener its active.
>
> If you want, you can feel free to send me the execution command output
> (netstat -an if you are in windows)
>
> Bye
> Alexander Pire
>
> "Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the reply!
>>
>> And I thought the same.. It should be very simple... But it did not
>> work..
>>
>> I have the listener set up at 9001 for iiops and it had the eas security
>> profile as our own profile. (with our cert etc) I changed to "sample1" to
>> try. Still no luck... :-(
>>
>> Method still returns 57.
>>
>> And from jaguar manager, I can connect to eas using "secure connection"
> ie.
>> thru iiops and port 9001
>> This works fine. So I am assuming it is something to do with
>> powerbuilder.
>>
>> Why is any operation on SSLServiceProvider object returns -10 value? Is
> this
>> telling us something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Srini
>>
>> "Alexander Pire" <alexander.pire@corporacionsybven.com> wrote in message
>> > It seems like you need make some setting in your EAServer.
>> >
>> > Check if you have the IIOPS Listener created (host = myserver,
> port=9001),
>> > Check if you have in your listener an "EAServer Security Profile", this
> is
>> > so much important.
>> >
>> > For your example you don't need to much, Use it the "sample1" security
>> > profile, that should be enough. But if this doesn't work you will need
>> > connect to the Security Manager, for make all the Security
> configuration.
>> >
>> > Best regards
>> > Alexander Pire
>> >
>> > "Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com> wrote in message

>> > options

>> > failure

>> > profiles

0
Srinivasan
8/8/2005 4:18:39 PM
Hi Srini

I present my excuses, because I could not write you before, I was in a
client

Yep,yours listening look fine.

In the log I can't see any problem about QOP, "No suitable profiles" it
seems probable a instalation client failure.

Check the next thinks:

Environment Var:
JAGUAR_CLIENT_ROOT, Path to you EAServer Client Instalation, check if inside
it exist a folder "DB" with  sybcert.db and sybkey.db

PATH, Include JAGUAR_CLIENT_ROOT\dll  folder

CLASSPATH, Include the easclient.jar and easj2ee.jar

If this doesn't work execute the next command
c:\set > setting.txt

And send me the setting.txt

> [...]
> > (netstat -an if you are in windows)
> >
> > Bye
> > Alexander Pire
> >
> > "Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Thanks for the reply!
> >>
> >> And I thought the same.. It should be very simple... But it did not
> >> work..
> >>
> >> I have the listener set up at 9001 for iiops and it had the eas
security
> >> profile as our own profile. (with our cert etc) I changed to "sample1"
> >> try. Still no luck... :-(
> >>
> >> Method still returns 57.
> >>
> >> And from jaguar manager, I can connect to eas using "secure connection"
> > ie.
> >> thru iiops and port 9001
> >> This works fine. So I am assuming it is something to do with
> >> powerbuilder.
> >>
> >> Why is any operation on SSLServiceProvider object returns -10 value? Is

0
Alexander
8/9/2005 8:17:00 PM
Hi Alex,

    Thanks a lot for sending the response! and it worked great!

The culprit was in the environment variables. I reset all based on what you
gave in the email and the SSL connection from PB worked smoothly!

Again, thanks for your help!

> [...]
>>
>> Since it works in your place, I am wondering is there anything I need to
>> install/configure specifically
>> for this to work?  ( When i tried installing components in EAS, it said
>> Runtime files for SSL connection is already installed ).  But do I need
>> do any more configuration? Is this using clinet machine JRE somehow?
>> Do you have anything specific in your classpath?
>>
>> Thanks a lot for taking effort to answer my questions!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Srini
>>

>> "Alexander Pire" <alexander.pire@corporacionsybven.com> wrote in message
>> >I reproduced your problem here and it work fine.
>> >
>> > Check another think, like FireWalls or Proxys. After that check with
>> > netstat
>> > command if the EAServer listener its active.
>> >
>> > If you want, you can feel free to send me the execution command output

0
Srinivasan

SSL from Powerbuilder without EAServer
Is it possible to make an SSL connection with a SQL Server database without introducing a middle layer? (EAServer) When I turn Force Encryption On on my server I cannot connect with Powerbuilder - I get sqldbcode 999 which says the server has no error text. Thanks Janet PowerBuilder itself does not have SSL capabilities other than those on the connection object used with EAServer. That being said, what driver are you using? ODBC/JDBC/OLEDB? You should investigate SSL support at that level. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com...

How to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer?
I want to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer,But after Read Sybase'documents,I still can't find a clear steps,I need a simply clear Steps,SOS,Who can Help me? -- Qianhaiyuan (Mr.) Gotop System Mobile:13307113338 Phone:027-87561071-238 eMail: qianhy@egotop.com MSN: qianhy2@hotmail.com Pseudo/actual code with minimal error handling icn_jaguar.location = 'iiops://my_server_address:9001' //get ssl service provider ll_rc = getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", l_sslsp ) if ll_rc <> 1 then error // Set the QOP ll_rc = l_s...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

SSL connection from a PowerBuilder client to an EAServer component
I am attempting to establish an SSL connection from a PowerBuilder client to an EAServer component. I found a Sybase Solved Case #10886461 all the way back from 2002. I followed all of the suggestions from the case, however I still cannot establish the SSL connection. Has anything changed in either PowerBuilder or EAServer since then that would require a different approach to this rather than what is listed in the referenced Case from above? posting the code you are using and the return values that you are getting would be helpful for anyone trying to answer your question. Are you...

Powerbuilder/EAServer framework
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Check out the framework from cynergysystems.com. -- Jason Weiss eBusiness Systems Group "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tIG04vzqBHA.204@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make the...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Linux/PowerBuilder/EAServer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------985EA2350BEDE4D8D143B76B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit There is no version of PB for Linux but there is EAServer for Linux. If i want to develop and deploy middleware components using PB on EAServer/Linux how do i will do? --------------985EA2350BEDE4D8D143B76B Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="surindersingh.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Surinder Singh Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="surinde...

GetContextService, PowerBuilder and EAServer
Hi All, When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. But when I write the same code for EAServer, I get no values in ls_values[]. Is there any problem in using GetContextKeywords on EAServer? li_return = This.GetContextService(ls_keyword, lcx_key) lcx_key.GetContextKeywords("temp", ls_values[]) TIA sybase wrote: > Hi All, > When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns > the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. > ...

PowerBuilder/EAServer Upgrades
Is it possible to upgrade EAServer without upgrading PowerBuilder. We're a pretty large PowerBuilder 2-tier shop. We are also starting to do Web Development with EAServer. The whole shop is currently on PowerBuilder 7.0.2, and EAServer 3.5. I've recently encountered a problem with EAServer 3.5 which has been corrected in EAServer 3.6.1. We have two production EA servers, and one development EAserver running EAServer 3.5. We've got approximately 50 2-tier PB Apps which are delpoyed to a network drive. Can EAServer 3.6.1, just be upgraded on the production and developme...

PowerBuilder or EAServer problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C810B4.E1DCF0D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Not sure if I'm running into a PowerBuilder or EAServer issue but here's = the problem (I'm thinking it's PB) I have a Dell D620 laptop with both a wired NIC and Wireless NIC. While = at work I typically have both connected to "a" network. The wired is = always connected to our domain, the wireless may be connected to the = domain or connected to our external "...

PowerBuilder EAServer and TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK
Hi, I am using PB 9 and EAServer 5 When I call a function on EAServer from PowerBuilder, I am getting following error message [I am using datastore and transaction object in my application that have been deployed on EAServer]: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0095) CORBA Objects may not be created locally. at line 10286 in create event of object corbaobject of _typedef SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Brian ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder and SSL to EAServer - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles