PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5

What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5?

I migrated the source code.

What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies.

Anything else?

Where is the correct place for the PBVMs?  10.5's are located in the shared
folder.

TIA, Kevin

0
Kevin
7/8/2009 3:56:29 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies.

You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's
into the shared folder shoulod work, though.

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]

"Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5?
>
> I migrated the source code.
>
> What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the
> proxies.
>
> Anything else?
>
> Where is the correct place for the PBVMs?  10.5's are located in the
> shared folder.
>
> TIA, Kevin

0
Millard
7/8/2009 4:24:41 PM
I am trying to migrating powerbuilder code in version 8 into PB10.0

Can you please tell me how to migrate the proxies?
If have opened the workspace in the newer version (PB10) and migration
assistant has automatically converted the code into newer version. But
when i deploy, iam getting below errors...

---------- Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
    Generation Errors:
    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
'UCBASE'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
Done.
 ---------- Done Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
 ---------- Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
    Generation Errors:
    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
'UCLOGSAVER'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
Done.
 ---------- Done Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
 ---------- Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
    Generation Errors:
    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
'UCHTMLGEN'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
Done.
 ---------- Done Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
 ---------- Deploying project p_secimpl
Doing Incremental Rebuild ...
0
Ravi
7/29/2009 3:26:01 PM
Hi Ravi;

    You do not migrate the Proxy objects. Instead, after the application's
PBL's and working objects have been migrated - you need to rerun the
"project" you have to rebuild the Proxies in PB 10. The new Proxy objects
will replace the old ones at that time.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

"Ravi" <ravi.bellamkonda@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to migrating powerbuilder code in version 8 into PB10.0
>
> Can you please tell me how to migrate the proxies?
> If have opened the workspace in the newer version (PB10) and migration
> assistant has automatically converted the code into newer version. But
> when i deploy, iam getting below errors...
>
> ---------- Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
> Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
>    Generation Errors:
>    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
> 'UCBASE'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
> Done.
> ---------- Done Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
> ---------- Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
> Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
>    Generation Errors:
>    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
> 'UCLOGSAVER'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
> Done.
> ---------- Done Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
> ---------- Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
> Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
>    Generation Errors:
>    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
> 'UCHTMLGEN'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
> Done.
> ---------- Done Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
> ---------- Deploying project p_secimpl
> Doing Incremental Rebuild ...

0
Chris

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

PB 11.5.1 and SqlAnywhere 5.5
When I open a datawindow in the datawindow painter and click Design>Data Source I get the following error message: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Syntax error: unknown function 'user_id' The heading on the message is GetTriggers. I do not have any triggers on this database. I get the same error regardless of the datawindow I open when I click Data Source. I click OK and it seems to be okay but not 100% sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry SQL Anywhere 5.5 has not been tested against PB 11.5.1. However, there is no reason that I can think that thi...

PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3
I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536. The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an .exe file. Loading instructions in the README.html file state: Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory: xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Upgrade from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: We have a software written in PB 5. We are planning to upgrade it from PB 5 to PB 11.5. We've used PFC in this application and database is Sybase 9. Is there any known issues ??? Any Suggestions?? Please help.. Thanks in advance Robin Start at http://www.techno-kitten.com/ and look at the changes to PB over the versions, and the migration guide. The migration wizard should work directly from 5 to 11.5. Some things that come to mind: PB is Unicode starting with 10. This will affect external function definitions. PFC has been open-sourced. You will need to get...

PB 10.5, EAS 5.5, EJB Proxy
We have been given an EJB which we have successfully deployed and installed the package on EAS 5.5. We generate the stubs and skeletons but when I try to create the proxy, continue to get errors. The EJB is called MQAccess and have tried generating the stubs to C:\Program Files\Sybase\EAServer\html\classes\com\acs\mqJava as well as C:\ and it always creates a directory structure com\acs\mqJava no matter what. In trying to create the proxy, I get the following whether I use the directory structure or the JAR file. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_ejb_proxy14 Retrieving PowerBu...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry
What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used? set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation These are just convenience variables for concatenating to the path, so if they are filled in they'll be appended to the path constructed in SERVERSTART.BAT. There isn't a check that JAGUAR_PB10 actually includes the PB10 VM versus the PB9 VM or any other version. If the PB 10.5 DLLs are in C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder, you'll be fine as it's set now. On 15 Mar ...

Connection Pb with SQLA 5.5.5
Hello, I'm facing a strange problem with SQL Anywhere 5.5.5 build 2817. I'm developping an application with PB7. I would like to connect to 2 databases : one local with rtdsk50.exe and one on a network with dbclient.exe. One at a time, it works very well. Local and after network it works If i connect to the network base, then to the local the rtdsk hangs. It starts the database but never returns to the application or to PB7 Thanks Pierre ...

PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -----------------------------------------------...

Anyone know PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.3 compatibility ??
We need to upgrade to PB 11.5 We have EAServer 5.3 Windows In the release notes it read: PowerBuilder 11.5 has been tested with EAServer 5.5 patched with EBFs 13993 and 14146, and EAServer 6.2 I can not find if it is compatible and supported with EAServer 5.3 I don't want to upgrade EAServer if I don't have to. But I have to upgrade from PB 10.5 because it's EOF has passed. TIA It wouldn't be officially supported but 5.5 isn't much different from 5.3 so it should be ok. If you want to be officially supported, I would upgrade to 5.5, not 6. <115...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

Web resources about - PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo