PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5

What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5?

I migrated the source code.

What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies.

Anything else?

Where is the correct place for the PBVMs?  10.5's are located in the shared
folder.

TIA, Kevin

0
Kevin
7/8/2009 3:56:29 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies.

You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's
into the shared folder shoulod work, though.

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]

"Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5?
>
> I migrated the source code.
>
> What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the
> proxies.
>
> Anything else?
>
> Where is the correct place for the PBVMs?  10.5's are located in the
> shared folder.
>
> TIA, Kevin

0
Millard
7/8/2009 4:24:41 PM
I am trying to migrating powerbuilder code in version 8 into PB10.0

Can you please tell me how to migrate the proxies?
If have opened the workspace in the newer version (PB10) and migration
assistant has automatically converted the code into newer version. But
when i deploy, iam getting below errors...

---------- Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
    Generation Errors:
    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
'UCBASE'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
Done.
 ---------- Done Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
 ---------- Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
    Generation Errors:
    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
'UCLOGSAVER'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
Done.
 ---------- Done Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
 ---------- Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
    Generation Errors:
    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
'UCHTMLGEN'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
Done.
 ---------- Done Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
 ---------- Deploying project p_secimpl
Doing Incremental Rebuild ...
0
Ravi
7/29/2009 3:26:01 PM
Hi Ravi;

    You do not migrate the Proxy objects. Instead, after the application's
PBL's and working objects have been migrated - you need to rerun the
"project" you have to rebuild the Proxies in PB 10. The new Proxy objects
will replace the old ones at that time.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

"Ravi" <ravi.bellamkonda@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to migrating powerbuilder code in version 8 into PB10.0
>
> Can you please tell me how to migrate the proxies?
> If have opened the workspace in the newer version (PB10) and migration
> assistant has automatically converted the code into newer version. But
> when i deploy, iam getting below errors...
>
> ---------- Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
> Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
>    Generation Errors:
>    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
> 'UCBASE'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
> Done.
> ---------- Done Deploying project p_nextid_proxy
> ---------- Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
> Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
>    Generation Errors:
>    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
> 'UCLOGSAVER'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
> Done.
> ---------- Done Deploying project p_logsaver_proxy
> ---------- Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
> Retrieving Powerbuilder Proxies from EAServer...
>    Generation Errors:
>    Deployment Warning:   No files returned for package/component:
> 'UCHTMLGEN'   EAServer error code: Unknown   Proxy was not created.
> Done.
> ---------- Done Deploying project p_htmlgen_proxy
> ---------- Deploying project p_secimpl
> Doing Incremental Rebuild ...

0
Chris

Web resources about - PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo