Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0

Hi,

I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0
JDBC driver is class12.jar
JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid
Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0
Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3.

When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO,
however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log
every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute.

java.sql.SQLException: Overflow Exception
	at oracle.sql.NUMBER.toInt(NUMBER.java:373)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBConversion.NumberBytesToInt(DBConversion.java:2009)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3790)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
	at
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
SQLException: SQLState(null) vendor code(17026)
java.sql.SQLException: Numeric Overflow
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:222)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:285)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3796)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
	at
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
Java PbjdbcRowSet::GetColumnInt SQLException thrown

in addition odbc connection cache also ping successfully via jaguar manager but
messaging service is not configured by using odbc connection cache for oracle.
jaguar server produce following error, odbc connection cache not found

any one provide me a solution for using connection cache for oracle 9i

Thanks in Advance

Majid Bashir
NetSol Technology

Majid
8/11/2004 10:44:17 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

Problems with Connection Cacche in EAServer 5.0
I had a web application which was running on EAServer version 4.2. I have deployed the application on EAServer 5.0 The application used connection cache, which I createdand also included it in the resource reference. The application is able to use the connection properly, but even after the connection is closed, it remains active and open. As a result, the maximum number of connections allowed is reached very fast. This was not happening in the earlier versions of EAServer. Also, now I find that I cannot even get to the connection cache properties. (Even the predefined ones)....

EAServer 3.5 Connection Cache and Oracle 8i
I read a previous post on this subject whereby OCI connection caches in EAServer 3.5 do not work with Oracle 8i client. To follow up, I am having the same problem, and here are the facts: 1. EAServer 3.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5) client works. 2. EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5) client DOES NOT work (cannot find XA80.dll). 3. EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8i (8.1.6) client DOES NOT work (cannot find XA80.dll). 4. EAServer 3.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 client works. Let me be clear that it WAS working with EAServer 3.0, then I simply upgraded to 3.5 and it no longer worked. I had to then ins...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

EAServer 5.0 Connection not being released back to Cache
We are planning on migrating from version 3.6 to 5 and during testing, one of the applications now has a probelm releasing connections back to the cache. After about 11 or 12 hits on the test.jsp page this is thrown:- Exception: com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: Maximum connection cache size of: 10 exceeded for cache: TEST_JDBC The relevant code is below. Can anyone see what might be wrong ? Here is the jsp: <%@ page language="java" import="javax.naming.* , javax.sql.* , java.sql.*, eis.test.SQLHandler" isErrorPage="false" errorPage=&qu...

ODBC Connection Cache issue (EAServer 5.0)
I set up a connection cache in EAServer using odbc (SQL Anywhere 9 database). The setup went fine and when I ping the db within EAServer Manager, it is successful. Both EAServer and the database (run as a service) run on the same machine. However, when I make a call to a simple PB9 component in a ASP page, the following appears in the jaguar log: "cm_get_cachebyname: cache 'donorcentral' does not exist" Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks, Tom Nevermind -- I was able to resolve this issue. Thanks "Tom Rolseth" <tpr@npomn.com> w...

Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem
I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database? Thanks What are you using as your servername string? Is your tnsnames.ora file still corr...

EAServer 5.1 with PowerBuilder 9.0.1(build 7236)
Hi We have recently migrated our PB7.0.3(build 10213) application and PB components to PB9.0.1 (build 7236). At the same time we have installed EAServer 5.1. The build version of the PB dll's on EAServer 5.1 is build 6533. When I try to run the PB application i get the following error message when it tries to call a PB component on EAServer: SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK (lotteri/n_blob_saksbehandler/of_b_get_logindata - jagadmin@10.1.19.24) This error gets logged on EAServer so it seams that PB can communicate with EAServer. Since this didn't work we tried t...

Web resources about - Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...