Odbc connection

Hi!
This is my problem:
This works with powerdynamo, but fails when i run the .html page with IIS.
Why?

<!--METADATA TYPE="DesignerControl" startspan
<OBJECT id=OBJECT1 style="HEIGHT: 50px; WIDTH: 135px" name=ANNONSEFACE
classid="CLSID:BA41277E-F70D-11D0-98D3-00805F8ACD28">
    <PARAM VALUE="C:\library\library.pbl" NAME=SourceFileName></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE="sel_annonseface" NAME=DataWindowObject></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=XXX NAME=DataConnection></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=0 NAME=EnableUserCallbacks></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=ANNONSEFACE NAME=Name></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE="" NAME=RetrievalArgValues></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE="" NAME=PageParameters></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=0 NAME=PageSize></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=Last NAME=EndHTML></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=First NAME=HomeHTML></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=Next NAME=NextHTML></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=Previous NAME=PreviousHTML></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=",," NAME=ColumnLink></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=",," NAME=ColumnLinkTarget></PARAM>
    <PARAM VALUE=",," NAME=ColumnSortable><P>&nbsp</P> </PARAM>

</OBJECT>
-->
<!--SCRIPT // {{ SCRIPT()

function SelfLink(label, param, value, preserve , p1, p2, p3) {
  // Start the anchor block
   outstr = "<A HREF=\"" + psDocument.GetEnv("SCRIPT_NAME");
   outstr += "?" + param + "=" + psServer.URLEncode(value);
 for(var i = 3; i < arguments.length; i++) {
  if ("undefined" != psDocument.GetParam(arguments[i])) {
     outstr += "&amp;" + arguments[i] + "=" +
        psServer.URLEncode(psDocument.GetParam(arguments[i]));
     }
   }
   outstr += "\">" + label + "</A>";
   return outstr;
}
function DWGenerator(name, connName) {
   function WriteError() {var error =
this.conn.GetError();psDocument.Write("Error(" + error.GetCode() + "):" +
error.GetMessage() + "<BR>");    }
   this.WriteError = WriteError;
   this.norecords = false;
   this.conn  = psServer.GetConnection( connName);
    this.action = psDocument.GetParam(name+"action");
   if ("undefined" != "" + psDocument.GetParam(name+"sort")) {
      this.sort = psDocument.GetParam(name+"sort");
   } else {
      this.sort = false;
   }
   if ("undefined" != "" + psDocument.GetParam(name +"startrow")) {
      this.startrow = parseInt(psDocument.GetParam(name +"startrow"));
   } else {
      this.startrow = 0;
   }
};

I get this error when i run it with IIS:
Error(-1):[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

So it seems like I cant find the odbc source.
Odbc source is system.

Any ideas?

Regards St�le

0
Staale
5/24/2002 12:45:12 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your DSN needs to be a system DSN when being access in IIS (which is hosting
PD). IIS runs against LOCALSYSTEM account by default. LOCALSYSTEM account
can only see SYSTEM level environment and configuration.

/ck

"Staale" <stale.limstrand@limstrand.no> wrote in message
> [...]
>    this.norecords = false;
>    this.conn  = psServer.GetConnection( connName);
>     this.action = psDocument.GetParam(name+"action");
>    if ("undefined" != "" + psDocument.GetParam(name+"sort")) {
>       this.sort = psDocument.GetParam(name+"sort");
>    } else {
>       this.sort = false;
>    }
>    if ("undefined" != "" + psDocument.GetParam(name +"startrow")) {
>       this.startrow = parseInt(psDocument.GetParam(name +"startrow"));
>    } else {
>       this.startrow = 0;
>    }
> };
>

> I get this error when i run it with IIS:
> Error(-1):[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and
no
> default driver specified
>
> So it seems like I cant find the odbc source.

0
Chris

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

Powerbuilder
Can any one help with creating a connection to providex(Mas 90) database from Powerbuilder. I set up the profile using the Mas 90 data source , I am able to connect but get powerbuilder message saying it cannot create Catalog tables. I can only then see one table. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

EAServer 6 ODBC connection
I have EAServer 6 installed on a machine along with an Oracle 10 ODBC data source. When creating the EAServer data source to communicate with Oracle 10 ODBC data source, you only seem to get the option to specify JDBC Driver Class, JDBC Data Source Class etc. The Sybase Management Console help does clearly state that you can create a data source to connect to an Oracle database using JDBC or ODBC, but try as I might I can't find a valid place to specify the ODBC source. In EAServer 4 you simply specified the ODBC dll in the connection cache but this functioanlity seems to hav...

OpenIngres-ODBC-Powerbuilder Connectivity
Hi, Can somebody help me with using Powerbuilder5/6 on win95 with OpenIngres 1.1 on VAX/VMS. The relevant details are as follows : I. Hardware & Software involved: --------------------------------- 1. VAX 4105 as the database server with VMS 5.5-2 2. Intel Pentium MMX 200 based PC (Digital 3100) with Microsoft Windows 95 ver 4.00.1111 3. Network protocol - TCP/IP on client as well as the server 4. OpenIngres 1.1 5. Powerbuilder 6.0/5.x 6. Intersolv ODBC drive for OpenIngres ver 3.00 7. OpenIngres/Net ver 1.2 on Windows 95 (includes Visual DBA) II. Activities carried...

Powerbuilder ODBC Connection Details
One of our customers has asked me to supply a detailed description of how our application connects with their database. Powerbuilder provides such easy database connectivity that, well, I've never really thought about the nuts and bolts of connecting. When "SQLCA.DBMS= ODBC" and an ODBC DSN is specified, what files, etc., does the pb runtime expect to read? Any other details are appreciated. Thanks, Doug 1) The ODBC system files. This is so deeped rooted into the the Windows OS that I cannot list the specific files. The ODBC system files are included in ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

How to connect to informix with EAServer via ODBC
I try to connect to informix with easerver via odbc, and have been impossible for me, someone to know about that problem? Thanks. I found the problem, the server name is the same name of database If some ones to know. > I try to connect to informix with easerver via odbc, and > have been impossible for me, someone to know about that > problem? > > Thanks. ...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8
I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT. PB4 isn't working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD. Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net? Please advise. Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed on that machine is 32 bit. You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET. (I would recommend the former of the two). Also, you need t...

SQL Server and PowerBuilder ODBC connectivity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b2b552c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am connecting to a remote SQL Server Database thru PB and when the connection to the application fails to connect, it throws the following error (see attached file). Can we prevent this message from comming and simply trap it thru the SQLCA object? TIA Sam ---=_forums-1-dub4b2b552c Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="SQLServer.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
Hi all I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? TIA >I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. >How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? >How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? >TIA It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource. You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web s...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Web resources about - Odbc connection - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.