OCI error with Jaguar 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 build 10108

We have/had a problem in the disconnect event of an NVO which was deployed
on Jaguar. The component uses instance Datastores - a frowned-upon action
for said versions - but we are reluctant to change as the code will be
replaced within the next 6 months with Java EJBs. Our problem is thus:
When the auto-demarcate component has finished its processing, it logs a
message to srv.log, then should return a blob to the client. Instead, we get
the following message in srv.log, and the client never receives the response
to its request:
Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Exec Stmt Error: -2
Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Get Server Attr Error: -2
From the Oracle (8.1.6) documentation, it seems to be using an invalid
handle - possibly statement handle, but any of 3, it a call to OCIStmtExec.
This should - guessing here - return a valid statement handle which is then
used in OCIAttrGet.
This problem is intermittent - if one component is instantiated, it runs
fine, but it will often fail on the last instance of the component when 2 or
more are active at the same time.

Our component properties are:
Concurrency = TRUE
Bind Object = FALSE
Bind Thread = TRUE
Pooling = FALSE
Sharing = FALSE
and the transaction attributes are set to "Not Supported"

If we set Bind Object = TRUE (other properties unchanged), then our problem
disappears. However the Jaguar documentation states "Applies to stateful
components only (Automatic Demarcation/Deactivation must be disabled on the
Transactions tab or the component must be a stateful session EJB)." for this
property.
Please can someone give a hint as to the cause and possible solution to the
problem, and/or explain the negative implications of setting the Bind Object
property to TRUE for an auto-demarcate component.

Regards,
grants

0
Grant
10/3/2002 11:54:07 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Grant Spencer wrote:
> We have/had a problem in the disconnect event of an NVO which was deployed
> on Jaguar. The component uses instance Datastores - a frowned-upon action
> for said versions - but we are reluctant to change as the code will be
> replaced within the next 6 months with Java EJBs. Our problem is thus:
> When the auto-demarcate component has finished its processing, it logs a
> message to srv.log, then should return a blob to the client. Instead, we get
> the following message in srv.log, and the client never receives the response
> to its request:
> Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Exec Stmt Error: -2
> Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Get Server Attr Error: -2
> From the Oracle (8.1.6) documentation, it seems to be using an invalid
> handle - possibly statement handle, but any of 3, it a call to OCIStmtExec.
> This should - guessing here - return a valid statement handle which is then
> used in OCIAttrGet.
> This problem is intermittent - if one component is instantiated, it runs
> fine, but it will often fail on the last instance of the component when 2 or
> more are active at the same time.
>
> Our component properties are:
> Concurrency = TRUE
> Bind Object = FALSE
> Bind Thread = TRUE
> Pooling = FALSE
> Sharing = FALSE
> and the transaction attributes are set to "Not Supported"
>
> If we set Bind Object = TRUE (other properties unchanged), then our problem
> disappears. However the Jaguar documentation states "Applies to stateful
> components only (Automatic Demarcation/Deactivation must be disabled on the
> Transactions tab or the component must be a stateful session EJB)." for this
> property.
> Please can someone give a hint as to the cause and possible solution to the
> problem, and/or explain the negative implications of setting the Bind Object
> property to TRUE for an auto-demarcate component.
>
> Regards,
> grants

Curious, we saw somewhat the same issue, however it seemed to occur when
  two service components were accessing the database with a direct
connection.  As with my post above, we were using an old Oracle driver
(7.3.3) to connect with an 8i database.  We could not deploy the the *i
drivers because of the required SQLNet upgrade it required.  Supposedly
the driver version we had, had some multi-threading issues.  When we
moved to 7.4.5.2, the problems dissappeared.  You may want to look into
you database drivers...

Good Luck,
-Charles Ginzel

0
Charles

OCI error with Jaguar 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 build 10108 #2
We have/had a problem in the disconnect event of an NVO which was deployed on Jaguar. The component uses instance Datastores - a frowned-upon action for said versions - but we are reluctant to change as the code will be replaced within the next 6 months with Java EJBs. Our problem is thus: When the auto-demarcate component has finished its processing, it logs a message to srv.log, then should return a blob to the client. Instead, we get the following message in srv.log, and the client never receives the response to its request: Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Exec Stmt Error: -2 Oct 03 11...

OCI error with Jaguar 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3
Sybase, can you please respond to my earlier posting. Your documentation advises against our solution, but does not explain the potential implications. We are using Jaguar 3.6.1 ESD 3 (Build 36112) and PB 7.0.3 build 10108, and using Oracle 8.1.6 database and OCI. Earlier post follows... We have/had a problem in the disconnect event of an NVO which was deployed on Jaguar. The component uses instance Datastores - a frowned-upon action for said versions - but we are reluctant to change as the code will be replaced within the next 6 months with Java EJBs. Our problem is thus: When the...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

EAServer 3.6.1 C3 Solaris / PB 7.0.3 / Oracle 8.3) Empty Blob passed to Client
Hi all, I have a problem with PB 7.0.3 and EAS 3.6.1 C3 on Solaris 2.8. I defined a datawindow with PB that is supposed to show a list of all customers from an Oracle DB. On the server side it all seems to work well. The return status is ok and the number of rows inside the blob is exactly the number of rows in the customer table. When I check the blob after it's transfered to the client, the number of rows is 0. Any help is highly appreciated! Kind regards, Markus ...

EAServer 3.6.1 (36115) & PB 7.0.3
Hello, Which version of PowerBuilder 7.0.3 is supposed to be used with EAServer 3.6.1 ESD5 (build 36115)? The document included with EAServer states to use PB 7.0.3 build 10180 - which I am not sure if it really exists. Could this be a typo? What PB7 version does the EAServer documentation refer to? The previous build of EAServer (ESD4 - build 36114) documented that it (EAServer) should work with PB 7.0.3 build 10135.... Currently we are using EAServer 3.6.1 ESD3 (build 36112) with PowerBuilder 7.0.3 EBF (build 10108). There were some specific bug fixes in EAServer 3.6.1 ESD...

PD 3.0.1, Netscape 3.6 an Jaguar 3.0.1
I've installed both Jag and PD on Solaris 2.6. I want to use Netscape as a Web Server. I have configurated PD, created a pdynamo.ini on th PC an d modified the path to some static file mappning. After restarting of the Netscape, I have tryed to reach some of the static file sites without success. For example, I have in my pdynamo.ini: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sybase\PowerDynamo\3.0\Mappings] /docs=<1>/opt/sybase/jaguar/html/docs/;"FILE";1;2048;2048;"";"" /intranet=<1>ow_intranet;"DB";1;2048;2048;"";"" ...

PB 7 (C3) components with Oracle 7.3 and JAGUAR 3.6.1
Just doing a new Jaguar app that has some PB components using datawindows accessing Oracle 7.3. I created a similiar app last year and had no problems using getfullstate and calling my functions. But since I have started the new app I can only get embedded SQL to work -- all my datawindows hang when called from the client and the jag log file has nothing there. It hangs on the function call to the jag component. Has something changed in ORacle and PB recently where I have to set some parameter different? TIA Joe I don't think there's any known problem with this conf...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 3.2.7, 3.4.7, 3.6.1, and 3.7.1
Today we have four new releases! One new development snapshot (3.7.1), two new stable releases (3.6.1 and 3.4.7) and one update for the legacy 3.2 branch (3.2.7). Bugzilla 3.6.1 is our latest stable release. It contains some significant bug fixes for the 3.6 branch. Bugzilla 3.4.7 is the last bug-fix release for the 3.4 series. After this, there will only be additional 3.4 releases if there are security issues discovered in the 3.4 series. Bugzilla 3.2.7 is a security update for the 3.2 branch. Bugzilla 3.7.1 is our first unstable development release on the road to ...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

PB 7.0.3 C5 and Jaguar 3.6
Will PB 7.0.3 C5 work with Jaguar 3.6? Yesterday, I upgraded Jaguar from 3.6.1 to 3.6.1 C1 and PB from build 10009 to build 10047 (C5) and now my Java servlet doesn't work in Jaguar. So, I'm in the process of downgrading my Jaguar installation to 3.6 (actually reinstalling Jaguar altogether from 3.5) and was wondering if I can keep PB C5. David, yes that should work fine. On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 12:30:22 -0800, David Short <david.short@prescriber.com> wrote: >Will PB 7.0.3 C5 work with Jaguar 3.6? Yesterday, I upgraded Jaguar >from 3.6.1 to 3.6.1 C1 and PB fr...

PB 7.0.3 Build 10108 connect problems to Oracle 8.1.7
I am trying to run an application that I migrated to PB 7.0.3 from PB 6.5 using an Oracle 8.1.7 database. I can connect to the database through all normal means (SQL Worksheet, SQL Plus, Powerbuilder Database Painter, previewing data windows, etc) but when I run the application I receive an error "999 DBMS is not supported in your current installation" after issuing the "Connect using SQLCA" statement. I have checked all things such as 1. Installed Oracle 8.1.7 client software in location on hard drive and made sure it was the only Oracle location refer...

PB 7.0.3 in EAS 3.6.1 C2
All, Have just got the PB7.0.03 build 10108 upgrade from mysybase and installed it on my client machine with no problems. I now need to upgrade the server machine (Has a single copy of EAS3.6.1C2) with runtime files...or do I?? Basically I expected that if I ran the PB upgrade on the server machine the %SYBASE%\Shared\Powerbuilder folder woudl be updated. However the install simply says PB7 is not installed and stops. Does the PowerBuilder shared folder need any updates or is this build purely a 'development' upgrade?? TIA Nick Well, it's a 'develop...

3.6.1
I know I am not the first one to have problems and I believe our problems are environment related. The problems are mostly with Jagmanger (doesn't work on NT 4.0) and PB 7.0.3 cannot connect to the server. Here is our environment - spot the error please? CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.5\html\classes;C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\Sun\Jdk122\lib\classes.zip;c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\classes.zip COMPUTERNAME=DSNIYBGU040532 ComSpec=C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe HOMEDRIVE=H: HOMEPATH=\ JAGUAR=C:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.5 JAGUAR_CLIENT_ROOT=...

PB 7.0.3 & EAS 3.6.1
We have just received the PB 7.0.3 & EAS 3.6.1 CD. Does anyone know any reason why I should not install this software. Any known bugs in PB or Jaguar, how they work together? Please share your experience with us. thanks Nermin No experience, but I believe I've heard that there is no PowerBuilder release that's certified to work with EAS 3.6. We're waiting for another consolidated EBF to give us a version of PB for EAS 3.6. (The C5 consolidated release that just came out in the last week contained a post-7.0.3 version of PB and a patch for EAS 3.5.) Good ...

Web resources about - OCI error with Jaguar 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 build 10108 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Chery Jaguar Land Rover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chery Jaguar Land Rover (officially Chery Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Company Ltd. ) is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in ...

Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Jacksonville Jaguars @ jaguars ...

Jacksonville Jaguars Football News, Photos, Rosters & more for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get Jacksonville Jaguars Football News, Photos, Rosters & more on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jaguar XJ220 cruisin on the freeway - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It isn't every day you seen a Jaguar XJ220 on the streets. Thankfully the owner was nice and agreed to let us take some rolling shots.

BMWs, Jaguar set to go in Perth Airport clean-out of abandoned vehicles
Long-term parking has taken on a whole new meaning at Perth Airport with scores of vehicles, including BMWs, a Jaguar, a Volvo and a Jeep, declared ...

Jaguar returns to racing with a Formula E team
(credit: Jaguar Land Rover) Jaguar has been on quite the roll recently. The company made its name in the 1950s and 1960s with cars like the ...

The first Jaguar Project 7 is the new kid in Harry's Garage
Filed under: Videos , Jaguar , Convertible , Performance Harry Metcalfe explains why his Jaguar Project 7 is a very special roadster in the latest ...

Jaguar redesigns Santa's sleigh, reindeer mysteriously absent
Seriously, who designs a sleigh that moves under its own propulsion?

Jaguars Beat Writer And Chris Clemons Finish The Season With An Argument
The Jacksonville Jaguars got walloped by the Houston Texans today to end their season at 5-11. The team lost their playoff chances a few weeks ...

Jaguar returns to racing with its first all-electric car
Jaguar hasn't been involved with motorsports since it offloaded its Formula 1 team to Red Bull, but it's about to come back in a big, big way. ...