OCI error with Jaguar 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3

Sybase, can you please respond to my earlier posting. Your documentation
advises against our solution, but does not explain the potential
implications.
We are using Jaguar 3.6.1 ESD 3 (Build 36112) and PB 7.0.3 build 10108, and
using Oracle 8.1.6 database and OCI.

Earlier post follows...
We have/had a problem in the disconnect event of an NVO which was deployed
on Jaguar. The component uses instance Datastores - a frowned-upon action
for said versions - but we are reluctant to change as the code will be
replaced within the next 6 months with Java EJBs. Our problem is thus:
When the auto-demarcate component has finished its processing, it logs a
message to srv.log, then should return a blob to the client. Instead, we get
the following message in srv.log, and the client never receives the response
to its request:
Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Exec Stmt Error: -2
Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Get Server Attr Error: -2
From the Oracle (8.1.6) documentation, it seems to be using an invalid
handle - possibly statement handle, but any of 3, it a call to OCIStmtExec.
This should - guessing here - return a valid statement handle which is then
used in OCIAttrGet.
This problem is intermittent - if one component is instantiated, it runs
fine, but it will often fail on the last instance of the component when 2 or
more are active at the same time.

Our component properties are:
Concurrency = TRUE
Bind Object = FALSE
Bind Thread = TRUE
Pooling = FALSE
Sharing = FALSE
and the transaction attributes are set to "Not Supported"

If we set Bind Object = TRUE (other properties unchanged), then our problem
disappears. However the Jaguar documentation states "Applies to stateful
components only (Automatic Demarcation/Deactivation must be disabled on the
Transactions tab or the component must be a stateful session EJB)." for this
property.
Please can someone give a hint as to the cause and possible solution to the
problem, and/or explain the negative implications of setting the Bind Object
property to TRUE for an auto-demarcate component.

Regards,
grants

0
Grant
10/28/2002 9:45:51 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you have a question that you want a response from Sybase, please open a
technical support case.  Remember that the newsgroups are an user community
not a communication channel to Sybase.

/ck

"Grant Spencer" <grants@micropal.com> wrote in message
> Sybase, can you please respond to my earlier posting. Your documentation
> advises against our solution, but does not explain the potential
> implications.
> We are using Jaguar 3.6.1 ESD 3 (Build 36112) and PB 7.0.3 build 10108,
and
> using Oracle 8.1.6 database and OCI.
>
> Earlier post follows...
> We have/had a problem in the disconnect event of an NVO which was deployed
> on Jaguar. The component uses instance Datastores - a frowned-upon action
> for said versions - but we are reluctant to change as the code will be
> replaced within the next 6 months with Java EJBs. Our problem is thus:
> When the auto-demarcate component has finished its processing, it logs a
> message to srv.log, then should return a blob to the client. Instead, we
get
> the following message in srv.log, and the client never receives the
response
> to its request:
> Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Exec Stmt Error: -2
> Oct 03 11:11:02 2002: OCI8: Get Server Attr Error: -2
> From the Oracle (8.1.6) documentation, it seems to be using an invalid
> handle - possibly statement handle, but any of 3, it a call to
OCIStmtExec.
> This should - guessing here - return a valid statement handle which is
then
> used in OCIAttrGet.
> This problem is intermittent - if one component is instantiated, it runs
> fine, but it will often fail on the last instance of the component when 2
or
> more are active at the same time.
>
> Our component properties are:
> Concurrency = TRUE
> Bind Object = FALSE
> Bind Thread = TRUE
> Pooling = FALSE
> Sharing = FALSE
> and the transaction attributes are set to "Not Supported"
>
> If we set Bind Object = TRUE (other properties unchanged), then our
problem
> disappears. However the Jaguar documentation states "Applies to stateful
> components only (Automatic Demarcation/Deactivation must be disabled on
the
> Transactions tab or the component must be a stateful session EJB)." for
this
> property.
> Please can someone give a hint as to the cause and possible solution to
the
> problem, and/or explain the negative implications of setting the Bind
Object
> property to TRUE for an auto-demarcate component.
>
> Regards,
> grants

0
Chris
  This is a common error message  I noticed when using oci.dll
 ( with Oracle 8 or 9 ) and it appears that there is no specific
  reason for thiis error .

0
Henry_John

Web resources about - OCI error with Jaguar 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Chery Jaguar Land Rover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chery Jaguar Land Rover (officially Chery Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Company Ltd. ) is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in ...

Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Jacksonville Jaguars @ jaguars ...

Jacksonville Jaguars Football News, Photos, Rosters & more for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get Jacksonville Jaguars Football News, Photos, Rosters & more on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jaguar XJ220 cruisin on the freeway - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It isn't every day you seen a Jaguar XJ220 on the streets. Thankfully the owner was nice and agreed to let us take some rolling shots.

NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars wear one of sport’s ugliest uniforms
SOMETIMES our job requires us to wear things we don’t like. Think a suit and tie at the office on a 38-degree day, or that unnecessarily formal ...

2016 Jaguar XJR meets 1988 XJR9-LM at Silverstone
Filed under: Videos , Jaguar , Sedan , Luxury , Performance , Racing Jaguar brings the 2016 XJR out to Silverstone to meet its spiritual progenitor ...

NFL admits officiating error in Ravens-Jaguars ending - Baltimore Sun
... Dumervil&amp;rsquo;s 15-yard face mask penalty nor kicker Jason Myers&amp;rsquo; 53-yard game-winning field goal in the Jacksonville Jaguars&amp;rsquo; ...

Jaguars' Late-Game Surge in TNF Win a Good Sign for Young, Growing Squad - Bleacher Report
Thursday night had the Jacksonville Jaguars going "back to back" as they secured a 19-13 win over the Tennessee Titans . In what ended up being ...

Uber Will Sell Cheaper, Day-Of Tickets to Jaguars Home Games
... an experiment in selling tickets alongside taxi rides, Uber Technologies Inc. will sell discounted game-day tickets to the Jacksonville Jaguars, ...

Check out the $1 million Jaguar villain car from James Bond's 'Spectre'
... more than, 007's iconic Aston Martin (a DB10, this time around). In the film, a villainous henchman, called "Mr. Hinx," driving an orange Jaguar ...