Html-datawindow vs web-datawindow

Hi!

We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder.
There we used html-datawindows.
Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow.
What is the differense?
40% of the pages arnt working after we migrated to PB8. It seems like there
have been some changes?

Regards

Staale

0
Staale
5/22/2002 11:53:32 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What errors are you seeing with the problem pages?
A.

--
Adam Simmonds
FlexSIS Project - System Architect/Web Development

0
Adam
5/23/2002 2:09:40 AM
Like this:

Warning: undefined variable query.Close[Close] near line 19 in "/xxx.html"

This is the query that has been working so far:

    connection.autoCommit = true;
    connection.Connect();
    var wid;
    wid = document.value.w_stillingid;
    query = connection.CreateQuery( "update stilling set stillingantoppslag
= stillingantoppslag + 1 where stillingid = " + wid);
    query.Close();
    connection.Disconnect();
// }}
// }}
-->

"Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> What errors are you seeing with the problem pages?
> A.
>
> Staale wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder.
> > There we used html-datawindows.
> > Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow.
> > What is the differense?
> > 40% of the pages arnt working after we migrated to PB8. It seems like
there
> > have been some changes?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Staale
>
> --
> Adam Simmonds
> FlexSIS Project - System Architect/Web Development
> University Of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
> Ph. +61 2 9351 5174
> Mb. +61 403 341 474
> LOCATION: Sydney, Australia

0
Staale

HTML Datawindow DTC vs. Datawindow DTC
Can anyone tell me if the HTML Datawindow DTC provides an 'easy' way to make columns sortable like you can in the Datawindow DTC? Thanks, NP To do this you can code the following: <SCRIPT> htmlDW.SetSort('#1 A'); htmlDW.Sort(); </SCRIPT> This code could be tied to a drop down list box or a set of radio buttons that contains the column names to be sorted. Regards, Dan van Leeuwen On Wed, 12 May 1999 16:48:40 -0500, "Noah Pruzek" <npruzek@hotmail.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if the HTML Datawindow DTC provides an...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

DropDown Datawindow in HTML datawindow
Hi We are going to move from PB 6.5 to PB 7 only because of internet applications. We would like to know some information abut HTML DataWindow. In a HTML Data Window, assume that we have 3 columns. All the 3 coloumns have DropDownDataWindow. Based first column value which I'm going to select I need to populate the second field DropDown DataWindow and based on the first column value and second column value , the 3rd column dropdown datawindow has to be populated. Is it possible in HTML DataWindow. Based on the solution only we can start the project. T...

Html Web Datawindow Web Site??
Does nayone know of a web site that shows the PB HTML Datawindow in Action? Some site out in Internet land where they use the PB html Datawindow? URL? Thanks, Paul Pretty sure that this does: http://demos.cynergysystems.com/eaf30examples/ It's hard to tell who's using it because the only way you would know would be to review the source for the page to see if HTDW_DataWindowClass is referenced anywhere. On 22 Oct 2004 11:41:43 -0700, Paul wrote: >Does nayone know of a web site that shows the PB HTML >Datawindow in Action? Some site out in Internet land whe...

HTML vs. non-HTML Datawindow
What's the difference in what it takes to get the HTML datawindow running? If I try to use the same datawindow that I used for a non-HTML datawindow, and use the same database connection, I get the error message "ERROR: Could not connect to server component" when trying to run the HTML version. What am I missing? How are you running the HTML Datawindow? Through PowerSite/DTC? Dynamo? Can you post your server-side script? Any errors in Jaguar's srv.log? -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn ...

Drop Down Datawindows in a HTML Datawindow not working
Hi, I have a HTML Datawindow with some dropdown datawindows in it. Everything works fine except the drop down datawindows. The dddw's work fine in PB or Datawindow Builder. All the dataobjects are in one pbl. Any idea... Thanks.. Reddy Can you take a look at the generated HTML and see if the data from the dddw is present? The way it works is that the dddw is retrieved and then the rows used in the html. Can you tell if it is being retrieved? Also, does it work from previewing in PowerDynamo? -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.c...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

HTML Datawindow Update() with modified DropDown Datawindow
Is it possible to modify the contents of a Drop Down Datawindow on a HTML Datawindow and for this to be accepted by the generated Update statement? By Default the Drop Down Datawindow converts to a Non-editable <SELECT> field on the HTML page. But I want to be able to add a new option into the list, just as you can in an Editiable DDLB in PB. I can achieve this by extending the Element array in javascript and adding the new option in, this works fine and the new option appears in the HTML <SELECT> control. But when I submit the Update() this ignores my new addition and ...

Displaying a Datawindow graph style in a Web Datawindow
Hi, How can a Graph Pres Style datawindow be displayed on a Web dw in DW.NEt 1.5 From what I can sse in the Prog Ref guide , the only possible type of graphics that can be displayed are gnp, jpeg or gif. How can a dw graph style (piechart) be displyed then ? Please help, Thanks Check out the help topic on the "GraphConfigurations" class and it should get you going. On 8 May 2005 08:40:27 -0700, "Nestor" <nesfree@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >How can a Graph Pres Style datawindow be displayed on a Web dw in DW.NEt 1.5 >From what I can sse ...

XMLControl or DataWindow Anywhere (Deploy your DataWindows on the Web)
XMLControl or DataWindow Anywhere - a feature article in April's issue of PowerBuilder Developer Journal describes how regular PowerBuilder DataWindows can be deployed on ANY J2EE server!!! http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives/8-3/rasputnis/index.html Regards, Victor Rasputnis ...

Embedded DataWindow within the new HTML DataWindow
Hi All, Does the new HTML datawindow support embedded HTML datawindows? Thanks. Andy Egleston In a word, no. Here's an extract from an upcoming article I wrote for PBDJ on the HTMLDW and the presentation styles it supports: Presentation Style Report (non-updateable) Form (updateable) ================== ======================= ================= Composite No (HTMLDW not supported) No (HTMLDW not supported) Cross-tab Yes No (cannot set tab order) Freeform Yes Yes Graph ...

Web resources about - Html-datawindow vs web-datawindow - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Java Networking - Real's HowTo

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Java XML - Real's HowTo

Java Database - Real's HowTo