help! why i can not use ' out parameter' in 'oracle procedure'

i compile and execute the procedure in sqlplus(oracle tools)
but i can not use it in powerbuilder.
foe example:
the procedure is :
CREATE or replace PROCEDURE spm1
(dept varchar2 ,mgr_name out varchar2)
        IS lutype varchar2(10);
        BEGIN
        mgr_name:=dept||'out end';
        END;

the powerbuilder scipt is :

 DECLARE gg PROCEDURE FOR SPM1
         (:dept1);
execute gg;
messagebox("",string(sqlca.sqlcode)+sqlca.sqlerrtext)
 i get error,and the error is :
pls:00306.
and oracle document explain the error is :

PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to name
Cause: This error occurs when the named subprogram call cannot be matched
to any declaration for that subprogram name. The subprogram name might be
misspelled, a parameter might have the wrong datatype, the declaration
might be faulty, or the declaration might be placed incorrectly in the
block structure. For example, this error occurs if the built-in square root
function SQRT is called with a misspelled name or with a parameter of the
wrong datatype.

Action: Check the spelling and declaration of the subprogram name. Also
confirm that its call is correct, its parameters are of the right datatype,
and, if it is not a built-in function, that its declaration is placed
correctly in the block structure.

help  what's wrong with it,what can i do?
0
donglinjiang
5/27/2001 7:14:12 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'use' and 'require'
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello all, Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement. This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those changes cascading across all apps. Usage would look something like this: use $perl_version; Thanks in advance, Jason Allison Principal Engineer ARINC Incorporated Office: (410) 266-2006 FAX: (410) 573-3026 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0-- Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there ...

Using '[' and ']' characters...
Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server 2000? PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures. Example: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS [Column A] FROM A_Table Generated script: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS Column A FROM A_Table Thanks in advance, Aiden That's interesting. In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure definition, I get [Column A]. In 8.0 it works correctly. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamode...

HOw to use __doPostback('','')?????????
Hi i use the window.open() javascript function, then i want to use the __doPostback('','') javascript function to force the page post back , so that i can use the parameter pass from the child window in the page.ispostback event. but i try to use __doPostback('','') in my 1.1 .net framework, nothing happen????? how to use the __doPostback('','') or how to let the page have .postback event?SelfConfident is get from the Xperience You need to use the server-side function: Page.GetPostBackEventReference and tell it what control's event you want to fire. The __doPostBa...

Help with 'do until' ......... 'Loop'
Hello Everyone, I am writing a program to search for customers on a database.  I am having a bit of a problem with my do until ..... loop routines. I have posted the code below for you to look at and correct me. I am using VB on VS 2005 and Access Database. The end user will enter the customers name (Whole or part of ) in to a textbox and click the button 'Find', once the checks have been done to make sure there is something in the textbox it will then call this routine Search_Customer(ByVal Customer_Name).  The ByVal Customer_name will have the text...

'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' can not be opened.
hello, my colleague have developed an application under c++ builder 5. so now i should undertake it and optimize it. last days i have installed the C++ Builder 2010 testversion to get some experience on it, because i have not used it before. when i try to compile the old project in C++ builder 2010, comes some Compile errors. Also, there are some Includes like 'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' in this old Project. they can be found and compiled in the old c++ Builder 5. but not in c++ builder 2010. so i want to know do i solve this problem or go...

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

Can any one help due to this problem Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'
Hi all ! while creating application,session variables i am getting this problem can u suggest any one. Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'  lokesh   As a general guideline for seeking help, always show the code that is not working for you.  Your description alone is not enough for us to be able to help you. Alister kplokesh: Hi all ! while creating application,session variables i am getting this problem can u suggest any one. Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is us...

Web resources about - help! why i can not use ' out parameter' in 'oracle procedure' - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder