Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text

I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application
....some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested
reports.

I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft
excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt)

Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and
SaveAsAscii().  For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for
the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier.

Does anyone have any ideas.

You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com
0
Stuart_O
2/7/2001 4:05:08 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post this to the powerbuilder.datawindow forum.  This forum is
for questions regarding the use of PowerBuilder with and within
EAServer.

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:05:08 -0500, Stuart_O'_Donnell wrote:

>I have various datawindow reports in our pb6.5 application
>...some are composite datawindows...others are datawindows with nested
>reports.
>
>I would like to export the visual contents of the datawindow to microsoft
>excel (.xls) or flat text. (.txt)
>
>Two u_dw methods which I have tried, but failed, are SaveAs()and
>SaveAsAscii().  For simple datawindows these methods are fine, but not for
>the more complex datawindows I mentioned earlier.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas.
>
>You can contact me direct at : sodonnell@lysis.com

0
joneil

Looking for ways to export a complicated report with nested datawindows into Excel
Hi, I am using PB 7.02 on MSSQL 2000. Does anyone have any suggestion on ways to export a datawindow contain several layers of nested reports into Excel ? Thanks Jean This should work with every datawindow. Syntax integer dwcontrol.SaveAs ( { string filename, saveastype saveastype, boolean colheading } ) where the saveastype = Excel! or Excel5! Hope this helps you. Stefan Stefan, Will this save report format too or just dumping the raw data to the excel sheet ? My report contain 10 child datawindows. Is there anyways to open an Excel Worksheet write th...

How to save contents of a composite or nested report datadow to Excel or Text format files?
I want to save the contents of a composite report or nested report to ,say Excel or Text format file. But when I use the following codes li_rvalue = GetFileSaveName("Save File", & ls_fullpathname, ls_filename, & "xls", "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") if li_rvalue = 1 then dw_1.SaveAs(ls_fullpathname, Excel!, true) end if I cannot save the contents of the datawindow which includes header, details, and summary info. Similarly happening to text file. Thanks in a...

Exporting to Excel in Crystal Reports .NET
sir,   I want to export Crystal report to Excel and the following is the code i wrote in the button click.ReportDocument rptExcel = new ReportDocument() ;string strExportFile = "C:/Session_SessionID.xls" ;rptExcel = new RptJobOrderRecap();//report namerptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel;ExcelFormatOptions objExcelOptions = new ExcelFormatOptions();objExcelOptions.ExcelUseConstantColumnWidth = false ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.FormatOptions = objExcelOptions ;DiskFileDestinationOp...

datawindow with nested report trying to export
i have a datawindow with nested report in the detail band i try to use the fuction dw_1.saveas() but i didn't get the nested reprots how to do that pls. help me? You need to save reports separately using datawindowchild class. SaveAs() works against the data set, not the presentation layer, so it wouldn't pick up on presentation formatting, nesting of datawindows, etc.... Like Dmitriy says, to get nested, you'll have to grab the datawindowchild and SaveAs() on it. However, if you want the data to show as nested, you'll have to roll your own save routine....

reports about composite or nested datawindow style
I create a multi-datawindow report, and place two reports in detail field. I want to show the second datawindow rows behind the first ones. But in preview when the first datawindow list all rows, the second datawindow rows change to a new page, left a field of blank, how can I keep them stick together? Thank for help. ...

How to Create nested report in composite datawindow
What I try to do is to create a nested datawindow in a composite datawindow, this nested datawindow is created dynamicly according to an Datawindow syntax string. My problem is: Since the nested datawindow is dynamicly generated,it isn't exist in one library, so there is no dataobject.When I retrieve data using the composite datawindow,it tell me:"Load of nested report failed" My initial idea: I want to develope a control enable user to easily insert objects Such as: Text,picture,datawindow(report) and so on.The user can move and resize the objects.They can also chan...

RTF Datawindow Presentation and Composite/Nested Reports
In 5.0 you can not nest or use an rtf sytle datawindow in composite reports. Is this possible in 6.5 or 7.0. If not, has anyone found a workaround to be able to print normal columns mixed with rtf like blurbs followed by more normal columns? Hi Brian, I thought this was not allowed in 6*. I've not tested this in 7, please hold, testing.........no, cannot be selected for composite, and cannot be used as nested report... Sorry -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.k...

New ASP Alliance Article: Exporting to Excel in Crystal Reports .NET
Exporting to Excel in Crystal Reports .NET - Perfect Excel Exports http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=478&pId=1 When exporting from Crystal Reports .NET to Excel, the output can turn out to be unusable without a lot of reformatting in the spreadsheet. This tends to make business managers unhappy. Fortunatly, with a few programming and report formatting options, you can have perfect Excel exports with very little effort.If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

Modify SQL syntax of nested report in composite datawindow
Hi all How can I modify the SQL syntax of the nested report that exists in composite datawindow programatically (ie. To change the "where" conditions at runtime)? Because I know PB6.5 cannot use Getchild() to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Harry with PB6.5 Try using the following syntax - this works for PB7 to get the select statement associated with a nested report ls_syntax = dw_1.object.ro_class_plan.object.DataWindow.Table.select to replace the sql dw_1.object.ro_class_plan.object.object.DataWindow.Table.select = ls_syntax "Harry...

Page breaking Nested Reports in a Composite Datawindow (PB8)
I'm nesting reports within a composite datawindow, and I can't seem to find a way to seperate them via some kind of "page break" (for lack of a better term) so that they don't run into each other when they print. Anyone got any ideas???? Never mind, I found the "New Page" property in the reports object that took care of making sure the two reports didn't run together. ...

PageCount() with Nested Datawindow in Composite Datawindow
Hi Everyone, I use PB 11.5.1 Build 4740 (last build). I have a problem when I am trying to print out a composite datawindow. I have a composite datawindow with 3 nested datawindow, when I try dw_composite.Retrieve() it works fine, but when I put dw_composite.Print(), I faced a problem with the second nested datawindow: the number of pages. For example, I have two pages and the print is "Page 2 of 2" to the first page and "Page 2 of 2" to the second one. I am using the function "page()". This just occurs to print option, when I am using retrieve op...

Having Powerbuilder export some VB when it exports to Excel
Currently, the program exports computed records into an Excel spreadsheet. What I would like to do, is have PowerBuilder export some VB code, along with the spreadsheet, so that Excel opens the spreadsheet into a special template. If you need me to explain it a little more let me know. Thank you in advance for any help! -={Brian Kedersha}=- bkedersha@aol.com Probably the easiest would be to call an Excel macro that sets up the template. -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Brian Kedersha wrote in message ... >Currently, the program exports computed r...

Printing composite DW resets datawindow.zoom on nested reports
Hi, I have a problem with composite DW. In composite DW I have nested report, named for example dw_data. I set zoom on dw_data for example to 200: datawindowchild dwchild dw_1.GetChild('dw_data',dwchild) dwchild.Modify('datawindow.zoom=200') It's all OK. But when I then print DW by using dw_1.print() then zoom of dwchild is automaticly set back to 100. Is this a PB bug or I am doing something wrong? R Kazimir rkazimir@centrum.cz ...

Web resources about - Exporting datawindows with nested reports or composites to excel or flat text - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo