EAserver to Easerver calls

We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on
different machines.

If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a
component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to
invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and
called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The
code in the called component executes properly.

If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we
lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transaction management.

We are starting to look at making the component that makes the calls njot
perform any database update work but that seems an awkward way to solve
this.

Not trying to do 2-phase commits either.

Environment:
EAserver 5.1.0 build 51016 workgroup edition
Windows 2003 server
PB 9.0.2 build 7509 (all components are in PB)

Alex

Error in calling server:
// this happens after the createinstance call (the createinstance call does
succeed)
Feb 02 13:56:08 2006: SystemException: INVALID_TRANSACTION
(JTS/Coordinator/register_resource - @192.168.175.10)
// this happens after the component is deactivated
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006: java.lang.NullPointerException
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionService.runBeforeCompletion(Transacti
onService.java:505)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransaction.beforeCompletion(JTransaction.java:
181)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransactionJNI.beforeCompletion(JTransactionJNI
..java:54)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006: java.lang.NullPointerException
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionService.prepare(TransactionService.ja
va:714)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransaction.prepare(JTransaction.java:166)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransactionJNI.prepare(JTransactionJNI.java:39)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006: java.lang.NullPointerException
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionService.rollbackOnly(TransactionServi
ce.java:532)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransaction.rollback_only(JTransaction.java:217
)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransactionJNI.rollback_only(JTransactionJNI.ja
va:64)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006: java.lang.NullPointerException
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionService.rollback(TransactionService.j
ava:884)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransaction.rollback(JTransaction.java:239)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransactionJNI.rollback(JTransactionJNI.java:34
)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006: java.lang.NullPointerException
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionService.runAfterCompletion(Transactio
nService.java:650)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransaction.afterCompletion(JTransaction.java:1
90)
Feb 02 13:56:10 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.JTransactionJNI.afterCompletion(JTransactionJNI.
java:59)

Error in called server:
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006: org.omg.CORBA.INVALID_TRANSACTION  minor code: 0
completed: No
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native
Method)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
com.sybase.CORBA.iiop.Connection.createSystemException(Connection.java:5309)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
com.sybase.CORBA.iiop.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:3625)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
org.omg.CosTransactions._st_Coordinator.register_resource(_st_Coordinator.ja
va:433)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionInfo.initImport(TransactionService.ja
va:1221)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.TransactionService.importTransaction(Transaction
Service.java:321)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.ReceiverImpl.received_request(ReceiverImpl.java:
27)
Feb 02 13:56:07 2006:  at
com.sun.jts.CosTransactions._Ex_sk_CosTSPortability_Receiver._Ex_sk_CosTSPor
tability_Receiver_received_request(_Ex_sk_CosTSPortability_Receiver.java:25)

0
Alex
2/2/2006 11:50:02 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

EaServer
Dear friends: I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next sentence: //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc lnv_conn = create connection lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar" lnv_conn.application= "componente" lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989" lnv_conn.CreateInstance() ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc, "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1 I need your help to run my application Thanks Did ...

EAServer
Hi! The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a DataBase server in a multiuser application (for 10 users)? or Is it necessary to buy another multi-user version? TIA EAServer is an application server not a database server. Do you mean ASA? In either case, you cannot deploy either without buying additional licenses. /ck <A_Dev> wrote in message news:E9DDBBCFFA81B04D008299CC85256B4A.008299E285256B4A@webforums... > Hi! > The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a > DataBase server in a multiuser appl...

What is EAserver
Dear Sir, I'm the beginner for using Power Builder, Now i want to know that the Different within PB EAserver and PB, thank Tan PowerBuilder is a multi-purpose development tool for creation Client/Server, Distributed and Web applications. EAServer is a J2EE application server. http://www.sybase.com/easerver will tell you more. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KaixCaiBCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Dear Sir, > I'm the beginn...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

EAServer
How about a version of jaguar that doesn't crash every 10min when your developping. And while you're at it, how about speeding up the damn thing! Cause jaguar is a great tool, but every now and then it REALY gets up your spine !!! :-) Well this group is for PowerBuilder discussions, but what version are you using? Mine (4.0 and 4.1) haven't crashed once. As for speeding it up, what do you have in mind? I find it pretty fast already for the things I do. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSybase] On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:02:44 +0100, "De Permentier Davy" <...

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

why easerver
hey i wanna start j2ee and i'm looking for a suitable server to start with. i've tried jboss and weblogic and am appalled at the speed at which it loads documents. i'd like to know y i should choose easerver, since it really looks good but i just wanna make sure. EAServer supports J2EE - so that's a good start. The throughput is excellent, and the monitoring and configurability are great. I also like the ability to directly deploy PowerBuilder components as well as JSP, EJB, etc. Get the developer edition, and see if it fits your need. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSy...

EAServer
Thank you for a quick response. Is there anwhere I can go on this site, or any books that would get into greater detail on each of the EAServer components and what I might need to deploy and application? Thanks Jim In article <99E13501EB06AEA6005C74AD85256A63.005C74BA85256A63 @webforums>, Jim_Benson says... > Thank you for a quick response. > > Is there anwhere I can go on this site, or any books that would > get into greater detail on each of the EAServer components and what > I might need to deploy and application? There are a two PB/Jaguar books o...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

Call Powerbuilder NVO deployed on EAServer from JBOSS?
I'm unsuccessfully trying to call a simple powerbuilder nvo object/method that is deployed to EAServer 4.1.1 from a servlet that is deployed to JBOSS 3.2.3. I'm beginning to wonder if this is even possible. If someone knows, could you post a simple hello world type example? I get a NO_IMPLEMENT when it tries to resolve the array. (See code below) Powerbuilder 8.03 was used to deploy. Thanks, Kevin public static void hello() { Properties props = new Properties(); props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "localhost"); props.put("or...

Web resources about - EAserver to Easerver calls - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo