EAServer 5.2 Error with PB10.2

I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB v10.2.
The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.  From my
desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.

I execute the following:
ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)

I get this error on the "create":
    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.

If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
    xmlgen(inline="0" )
then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do another
"save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return and
break my datawindow.

Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't simply a
bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2 installed
properly.

Thanks, Pete


0
Pete
8/22/2005 7:30:43 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

10 Replies
541 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a new 
DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.


Carson



"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message 
news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB v10.2.
> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.  From my
> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>
> I execute the following:
> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>
> I get this error on the "create":
>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>
> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do another
> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return and
> break my datawindow.
>
> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't simply 
> a
> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2 installed
> properly.
>
> Thanks, Pete
>
> 


0
Carson
8/22/2005 8:29:05 PM
Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
testing again.

On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
<carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:

>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a new 
>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>
>
>Carson
>
>
>
>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message 
>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB v10.2.
>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.  From my
>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>>
>> I execute the following:
>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>>
>> I get this error on the "create":
>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>>
>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do another
>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return and
>> break my datawindow.
>>
>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't simply 
>> a
>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2 installed
>> properly.
>>
>> Thanks, Pete
>>
>> 
>

0
Jim
8/23/2005 6:30:27 AM
Strange...
After past easerver installs, my PowerBuilder directory was:
C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder
My setenv.bat file was pointing to this directory.

I just found another PB directory at:
C:\Program Files\Sybase\EAServer\PowerBuilder
My setenv.bat file has been modified to point here since the easerver 5.2
install.

When I ran the PB10.2 upgrade, I installed to the first directory above,
which was useless since easerver points to the second directory. I just
copied the files to the second directory.

Problem solved, thanks guys!

I'd like to clean up my EAServer install, so I have another couple
questions.  Has the second directory always existed or was it created in the
5.2 install?  Do you guys have 2 PB directories? I guess I might have
manually created the shared/powerbuilder directory during a previous
easerver upgrade/install.

Thanks for the help, Pete

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
> Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
> together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
> testing again.
>
> On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
> <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>
> >You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a
new
> >DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
> >
> >
> >Carson
> >
> >
> >
> >"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
> >news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
> >> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
> >> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
> >> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
v10.2.
> >> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.  From
my
> >> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
> >> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
> >>
> >> I execute the following:
> >> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
> >>
> >> I get this error on the "create":
> >>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
> >>
> >> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
> >>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
> >> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
another
> >> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return
and
> >> break my datawindow.
> >>
> >> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
simply
> >> a
> >> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
installed
> >> properly.
> >>
> >> Thanks, Pete
> >>
> >>
> >
>


0
Pete
8/23/2005 2:23:27 PM
What build number?


C


"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message 
news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
> Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
> together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
> testing again.
>
> On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
> <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>
>>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a new
>>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>>
>>
>>Carson
>>
>>
>>
>>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
>>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
>>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB 
>>> v10.2.
>>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.  From 
>>> my
>>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>>>
>>> I execute the following:
>>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>>>
>>> I get this error on the "create":
>>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>>>
>>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do 
>>> another
>>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return 
>>> and
>>> break my datawindow.
>>>
>>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't 
>>> simply
>>> a
>>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2 
>>> installed
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Pete
>>>
>>>
>>
> 


0
Carson
8/23/2005 4:02:45 PM
The EAS installs love to do that.  You need to manage this yourself.


Carson


"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message 
news:430b315b@forums-2-dub...
> Strange...
> After past easerver installs, my PowerBuilder directory was:
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder
> My setenv.bat file was pointing to this directory.
>
> I just found another PB directory at:
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\EAServer\PowerBuilder
> My setenv.bat file has been modified to point here since the easerver 5.2
> install.
>
> When I ran the PB10.2 upgrade, I installed to the first directory above,
> which was useless since easerver points to the second directory. I just
> copied the files to the second directory.
>
> Problem solved, thanks guys!
>
> I'd like to clean up my EAServer install, so I have another couple
> questions.  Has the second directory always existed or was it created in 
> the
> 5.2 install?  Do you guys have 2 PB directories? I guess I might have
> manually created the shared/powerbuilder directory during a previous
> easerver upgrade/install.
>
> Thanks for the help, Pete
>
> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
>> Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
>> together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
>> testing again.
>>
>> On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
>> <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> >You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a
> new
>> >DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>> >
>> >
>> >Carson
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>> >news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>> >> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
>> >> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
>> >> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
> v10.2.
>> >> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server. 
>> >> From
> my
>> >> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>> >> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>> >>
>> >> I execute the following:
>> >> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>> >>
>> >> I get this error on the "create":
>> >>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>> >>
>> >> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>> >>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>> >> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
> another
>> >> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return
> and
>> >> break my datawindow.
>> >>
>> >> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
> simply
>> >> a
>> >> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
> installed
>> >> properly.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks, Pete
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>
> 


0
Carson
8/23/2005 4:04:08 PM
Component Transaction Server/Version 5.2.0 (Build 52025)/P/PC
Intel/Microsoft Windows/OPT/Nov 29 2004 16:40:29

Any way to know/check what PB versions are installed?

"Carson Hager" <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote in message
news:430b48a0$1@forums-2-dub...
> What build number?
>
>
> C
>
>
> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
> > Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
> > together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
> > testing again.
> >
> > On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
> > <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
> >
> >>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a
new
> >>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
> >>
> >>
> >>Carson
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
> >>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
> >>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.  I
> >>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9.
> >>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
> >>> v10.2.
> >>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.
From
> >>> my
> >>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
> >>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
> >>>
> >>> I execute the following:
> >>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
> >>>
> >>> I get this error on the "create":
> >>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
> >>>
> >>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
> >>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
> >>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
> >>> another
> >>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return
> >>> and
> >>> break my datawindow.
> >>>
> >>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
> >>> simply
> >>> a
> >>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
> >>> installed
> >>> properly.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks, Pete
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
>
>


0
Pete
8/23/2005 5:25:20 PM
Actually I was trying to get the build number of the PBVM that Jim was 
referring to.

There is no way to check what version of PB is installed except the old 
fashioned way...search the hard drive looking for pbvm100.dll.  When you 
find it, right click on it and go to properties.  You can get the exact 
version/build in the file properties.


Carson

"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message 
news:430b5bfc$1@forums-2-dub...
> Component Transaction Server/Version 5.2.0 (Build 52025)/P/PC
> Intel/Microsoft Windows/OPT/Nov 29 2004 16:40:29
>
> Any way to know/check what PB versions are installed?
>
> "Carson Hager" <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote in 
> message
> news:430b48a0$1@forums-2-dub...
>> What build number?
>>
>>
>> C
>>
>>
>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>> news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
>> > Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
>> > together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
>> > testing again.
>> >
>> > On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
>> > <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a
> new
>> >>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>Carson
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>> >>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>> >>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years. 
>> >>> I
>> >>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB 
>> >>> v9.
>> >>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
>> >>> v10.2.
>> >>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.
> From
>> >>> my
>> >>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>> >>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>> >>>
>> >>> I execute the following:
>> >>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>> >>>
>> >>> I get this error on the "create":
>> >>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>> >>>
>> >>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>> >>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>> >>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
>> >>> another
>> >>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return
>> >>> and
>> >>> break my datawindow.
>> >>>
>> >>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
>> >>> simply
>> >>> a
>> >>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
>> >>> installed
>> >>> properly.
>> >>>
>> >>> Thanks, Pete
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Carson
8/23/2005 5:40:14 PM
Wow, I'm two for two against Carson now <g>.  You can get the version
of the running PBVM via EAServer Manager.

On 23 Aug 2005 10:40:14 -0700, "Carson Hager"
<carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:

>Actually I was trying to get the build number of the PBVM that Jim was 
>referring to.
>
>There is no way to check what version of PB is installed except the old 
>fashioned way...search the hard drive looking for pbvm100.dll.  When you 
>find it, right click on it and go to properties.  You can get the exact 
>version/build in the file properties.
>
>
>Carson
>
>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message 
>news:430b5bfc$1@forums-2-dub...
>> Component Transaction Server/Version 5.2.0 (Build 52025)/P/PC
>> Intel/Microsoft Windows/OPT/Nov 29 2004 16:40:29
>>
>> Any way to know/check what PB versions are installed?
>>
>> "Carson Hager" <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote in 
>> message
>> news:430b48a0$1@forums-2-dub...
>>> What build number?
>>>
>>>
>>> C
>>>
>>>
>>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>> news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
>>> > Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
>>> > together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
>>> > testing again.
>>> >
>>> > On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
>>> > <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> >>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced a
>> new
>>> >>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>Carson
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>>> >>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> >>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years. 
>>> >>> I
>>> >>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB 
>>> >>> v9.
>>> >>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
>>> >>> v10.2.
>>> >>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.
>> From
>>> >>> my
>>> >>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>>> >>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I execute the following:
>>> >>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I get this error on the "create":
>>> >>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>>> >>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>>> >>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
>>> >>> another
>>> >>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will return
>>> >>> and
>>> >>> break my datawindow.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
>>> >>> simply
>>> >>> a
>>> >>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
>>> >>> installed
>>> >>> properly.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Thanks, Pete
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>> 
>

0
Jim
8/23/2005 11:51:55 PM
You can get the build number?  I don't think the version's gonna do you much 
good. :)


C

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message 
news:eidng1d2q7fsi8uoafim93ffk0e1j6bom4@4ax.com...
> Wow, I'm two for two against Carson now <g>.  You can get the version
> of the running PBVM via EAServer Manager.
>
> On 23 Aug 2005 10:40:14 -0700, "Carson Hager"
> <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>
>>Actually I was trying to get the build number of the PBVM that Jim was
>>referring to.
>>
>>There is no way to check what version of PB is installed except the old
>>fashioned way...search the hard drive looking for pbvm100.dll.  When you
>>find it, right click on it and go to properties.  You can get the exact
>>version/build in the file properties.
>>
>>
>>Carson
>>
>>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>>news:430b5bfc$1@forums-2-dub...
>>> Component Transaction Server/Version 5.2.0 (Build 52025)/P/PC
>>> Intel/Microsoft Windows/OPT/Nov 29 2004 16:40:29
>>>
>>> Any way to know/check what PB versions are installed?
>>>
>>> "Carson Hager" <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:430b48a0$1@forums-2-dub...
>>>> What build number?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> C
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>>> news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
>>>> > Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
>>>> > together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
>>>> > testing again.
>>>> >
>>>> > On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
>>>> > <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>>>> >
>>>> >>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced 
>>>> >>a
>>> new
>>>> >>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >>Carson
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>>>> >>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>> >>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.
>>>> >>> I
>>>> >>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB
>>>> >>> v9.
>>>> >>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
>>>> >>> v10.2.
>>>> >>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.
>>> From
>>>> >>> my
>>>> >>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>>>> >>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> I execute the following:
>>>> >>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> I get this error on the "create":
>>>> >>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>>>> >>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>>>> >>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
>>>> >>> another
>>>> >>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will 
>>>> >>> return
>>>> >>> and
>>>> >>> break my datawindow.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
>>>> >>> simply
>>>> >>> a
>>>> >>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
>>>> >>> installed
>>>> >>> properly.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Thanks, Pete
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
> 


0
Carson
8/23/2005 11:53:09 PM
yeah, build number....

On 23 Aug 2005 16:53:09 -0700, "Carson Hager"
<carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:

>You can get the build number?  I don't think the version's gonna do you much 
>good. :)
>
>
>C
>
>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message 
>news:eidng1d2q7fsi8uoafim93ffk0e1j6bom4@4ax.com...
>> Wow, I'm two for two against Carson now <g>.  You can get the version
>> of the running PBVM via EAServer Manager.
>>
>> On 23 Aug 2005 10:40:14 -0700, "Carson Hager"
>> <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Actually I was trying to get the build number of the PBVM that Jim was
>>>referring to.
>>>
>>>There is no way to check what version of PB is installed except the old
>>>fashioned way...search the hard drive looking for pbvm100.dll.  When you
>>>find it, right click on it and go to properties.  You can get the exact
>>>version/build in the file properties.
>>>
>>>
>>>Carson
>>>
>>>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>>>news:430b5bfc$1@forums-2-dub...
>>>> Component Transaction Server/Version 5.2.0 (Build 52025)/P/PC
>>>> Intel/Microsoft Windows/OPT/Nov 29 2004 16:40:29
>>>>
>>>> Any way to know/check what PB versions are installed?
>>>>
>>>> "Carson Hager" <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote in
>>>> message
>>>> news:430b48a0$1@forums-2-dub...
>>>>> What build number?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> C
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:niglg1lb00i9mpvjujffk9l56iuqrjei27@4ax.com...
>>>>> > Yes, but a fix was issued in an EBF that should make everything work
>>>>> > together again.  I would download the latest PB 10.2 EBF and try you
>>>>> > testing again.
>>>>> >
>>>>> > On 22 Aug 2005 13:29:05 -0700, "Carson Hager"
>>>>> > <carson.hager@do_no_spam.cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>>>>> >
>>>>> >>You likely have an older version of PB10.  PB engineering introduced 
>>>>> >>a
>>>> new
>>>>> >>DW format in 10.2 that makes DWs pre 10.2 unusable.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>Carson
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >>"Pete" <pete.byerNOatSPAMus.astellas.com> wrote in message
>>>>> >>news:430a27e3$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>>> >>> I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years.
>>>>> >>> I
>>>>> >>> recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB
>>>>> >>> v9.
>>>>> >>> Everything worked as desired.  I then upgraded the component to PB
>>>>> >>> v10.2.
>>>>> >>> The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server.
>>>> From
>>>>> >>> my
>>>>> >>> desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to
>>>>> >>> EAServer's v5.2.  I still get the same error at runtime.
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> I execute the following:
>>>>> >>> ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors)
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> I get this error on the "create":
>>>>> >>>    Line 32  Column 14: incorrect syntax.
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> If I export the datawindow being "created" and remove:
>>>>> >>>    xmlgen(inline="0" )
>>>>> >>> then re-import the datawindow, my Create will work fine.  If I do
>>>>> >>> another
>>>>> >>> "save" on the datawindow after importing it, the "xmlgen" will 
>>>>> >>> return
>>>>> >>> and
>>>>> >>> break my datawindow.
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> Has anybody seen this and have any suggestions for me?  If it isn't
>>>>> >>> simply
>>>>> >>> a
>>>>> >>> bug, it almost seems like I don't have PB v10.2 on EAServer 5.2
>>>>> >>> installed
>>>>> >>> properly.
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>> Thanks, Pete
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>>
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>> 
>

0
Jim
8/24/2005 5:07:08 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 )
EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 ). There is log file fragment( last part is most interesting ): Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Started: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: services... Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: CosNaming/JNameService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: Jaguar/GarbageCollector Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Warning: interface Replacer is illegal in module ejb::replacer (see CORBA 2.3 section 3.15.2) Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Stopped: CosNaming/JNameService Au...

EAServer 5.2 on Linux with PB10.5
Hi, I'm trying out PB10.5 with EAServer 5.2 and tested some JDBC connections to database Firebird 1.5 on my XP notebook. I got no problem with this. However, when I tried to deploy to Jaguar EAServer 5.2 on Linux I got this error message 060038-Error: Unable to service request for servlet: jspservlet. 060039-Error: Servlet exception contained the following root cause exception: org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT.NOT.EXIST minor code: 0 completed: No Am I missing some files or something?? Check in Jaguar.log for more details. It is likely that your PBVM is not set up properl...

More than one version of EAServer on one machine? (4.2.2 & 5.2)
Hi there, I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production server. Now I want to put 5.2 on the same machine. I started the 5.2 install and it gives an option to put the new version in a different folder, you can even rename the service, but the "shared" folder remains the same. I thought I would check here for any insight on this subject, before possibly messing up the 4.2.2 environment. Any gotchas? Thanks, Tim Tim Byford wrote: > Hi there, > > I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production ...

EAServer 4.2.2 JNDI Error
Could someone help me I am try to use my EJB deploy to another Jaguar on another server. I receive this error: getUserInfo(user:) jagadmin: Caught exception :org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: minor code: 0 completed: No I do not receive such when am using my local jaguar This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Are you trying to do deploy from server1 to server 2 ? If yes then you can do that by using jagtool ? Thanks, Sandip --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type...

Error installing EAServer 4.2.2
That's it: Errors occurred during the installation. Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = : instance = 1 Thanks in advance Hi, Try rename the file vpd.properties in your windows directory and install again "George Evert" <gosha-sl@yandex.ru> wrote in message news:3fe97fc6$1@forums-2-dub... > > That's it: > > Errors occurred during the installation. > Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = : > instance = 1 > > Thanks in advance > ...

PowerBuilder compatibilites with EAServer 4.2.2 Linux
Release Bulletin for EAServer 4.2.2 for Linux in Product Compatibilities i'm read PowerBuilder: This EAServer version does not include a PowerBuilder virtual machine. It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not supported? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040006020003040509090500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not > supported? That's correct - currently does not support PB NVOs. -- Rahul Jain Cynergy System...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

Webwork 2.2 and Easerver
Has anyone able to get webwork work with Easerver 5.3? I have an application that runs perfectly in Tomcat and other server but I'm having a very hard time getting it to work with Easerver. Any hints? ...

MDAC 2.5 required to run, cannot install
 Hello!I have a problem with Data Access. There is a DLL i need to use, which was compiled in VB.6 using MDAC 2.5. I am using ..NET 2.0 and on my machine it's MDAC 2.8.When my program is trying to use that DLL, I get an error of connection not being open. The guy who created that DLL says I need to have MDAC 2.5 on my machine in order to use the DLL properly. However, when I download and try to install MDAC 2.5 it tells me that it's already installed on the machine. Yet, when I go to check in the registry, I get 2.8 and 2.6 as a rollback version. Here is the question: how do I i...

Migrating PB 10.2 to PB 10.5 on EAServer 4.2
My company is currently running EAServer 4.2 and PB 10.2. We are interested in migrating PB10.2 to 10.5 but still keep EAServer 4.2. The installation guide for PB 10.5 mentions that if you migrate to PB 10.5 it is best to get EAServer 5.3. Does anyone have experience in this and if these two (PB 10.5 and EAServer 4.2) are compatible with each other? I would be very surprised if 4.x supported 10.5. It likely doesn't even know about that VM. Carson ____________________________________________ Carson Hager Cynergy Systems, Inc. http://www.cynergysystems.com Macr...

What is Default port in EAServer (How to access html/jsp page in EAServer 5.2)
How to access html/jsp page in EAServer 5.2 I am trying access the default application with EAServer but I forget how to access it I guess I giving wrong port number but I don=e2�=99t know what is correct port number. http://10.0.9.66:9000/SysMgmt/about.html I tried http://10.0.9.66:8080/SysMgmt/about.html can any one help to find it correctly 8080 is the correct default port number. What do you see for listeners if you connect via EAServer Manager? Also - are you sure about the IP? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Jenny> wrote in message news:4a4390ba.7e...

Web resources about - EAServer 5.2 Error with PB10.2 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Java IO - Real's HowTo
Real's HowTo Custom Search Java Language String and Number Applet AWT Swing Environment IO Javascript interaction JDBC Thread Networking JSP ...

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals


Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus
Skip to content Skip to breadcrumbs Skip to header menu Skip to action menu Skip to quick search Quick Search Browse Pages Blog Labels Attachments ...

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo
Real's HowTo Custom Search Java Language String and Number Applet AWT Swing Environment IO Javascript interaction JDBC Thread Networking JSP ...

Resources last updated: 12/5/2015 2:10:48 PM