Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application

Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how
to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based
EAServer Application?
0
nm
7/2/2002 9:34:43 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application #2
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? Not exactly something that can be relayed in cookbook fashion, but for a start, try: http://branick-inc.com/papers/moving_pb_to_the_web_tech.pdf <nm> wrote in message news:EB1A258374FFF23C007685AF85256BEA.007685BE85256BEA@webforums... > Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how > to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based > EASer...

converting from client/server to web based application
Hi all, We are using a very old application(client/server) which was developed in SDI windows. Are customer wants this application to be web based. How difficult it is to convert from client/server to web based application? Also, Is it advisable to convert from SDI to MDI windows? what will be the impact? Thanks in advance Susie This very same question was asked just a couple of days ago. Try going to groups.google.com and search in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.* for "convert web client/server". If you have additional or more detailed questions, please ...

how to convert existing web application to AJAX based web application
 Hy, i have developed a web application in asp.net 2.0 but due to so many post backs i want to convert this application to AJAX based to fulfill the future requirements, if you have any idea then please share with me, thanks in advance Regards, Aamir Dharani  This post has the answer you're looking for: http://forums.asp.net/p/1144152/1854320.aspxHanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il...

Starting the server application and stopping the server application from the client application
Hi , How do I do it ? I want to start the server application from my client app. After all my jobs are over , when I disconnect from the server, I want to close the server application. Both the client and server applications will be running on the desktop under NT or win95 environment. If the client app is abc.exe and the server app is pqr.exe when the user starts the client app from his desktop, the client should start pqr.exe . Now after finishing all the process when the user closes the client, I want to disconnect from server and close the server pqr then close abc...

difference between a client-server application and a web application
Hello all,i have some trivial questions.can any one answer  the followingWhat is the difference between a client-server application and a web application ?what is the difference ,if any, between a virtual directory and web application.thanx Hi, and welcome to the asp.net forums.to start off, a client-server app is any application that interacts with a server, such as a windows form app that runs off of data stored in a database on a web server. A web app on the otherhand, is a "program" that may or may not contain server-side code, but it is an app that outputs html to be viewed thro...

convert client server application to web
Hi All, We are software development company using PB for Client/Server applications. I need to do some demo presentation to my management with some screen shots of my existing C/S Application converted to web using EAS. I have been working with PB since version 4, but what so ever i have no idea on Web related functionality of PB like Jaguar, PowerDynamo etc. Can someone provide me links on the documentation where i can read on how to start with the conversion process like converting my windows, dws and deploying them to web and calling the screens through IE. Thanks in Advance. ...

Accessing an http:// based asp.net web application from a directory/file based web application
When you first create a web application in the VS 2005/2008 IDE, it will prompt you for the location of the website,and you can select it using a drop down listbox. Through the drop down listbox you can select one of threechoices "File System","HTTP" or "FTP". Typically people select "File System" and will specify a directory where the project isplaced.In my case though (First time I have done this) I need to specify the location as "HTTP" and for the nameof the project I will specifiy an http address like: "http://tbox-dev-sql01/MyNewWe...

How to call a windows based application through a web based application
 Hi All, I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config -> Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission ...

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

Converting from Client Server to Web Application (Built in PB9.0)
Is there any tool to convert the existing application built in PB9.0 to Web Application? RS wrote: > Is there any tool to convert the existing application built > in PB9.0 to Web Application? Appeon is the only one I can think of that "converts" a PB application to the web. Apparently its later versions have been better than the first attempts but I have not seen this in action. The main problem you have is that most C/S apps will not be *ready* to convert to the web. With Appeon you need to have your code written in such a way that it will convert succes...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Closing an server application from client application
Hi, Any Help ? The way we start an application by a run function from powerbuilder ,like run ( clock.exe) How do I close the server application from the client application in distributed environment in powerbuilder ? Thanks Jeetu You would need to call a method on the server application, and the server application would need to close itself. On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:09:16 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript Jeetu <spani@hcltech.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Any Help ? > > The way we start an application by a run function from power...

Converting from windows application to web application!
Hi friends   I want to convert web application written in VB6.0 into Web Application using ASP.NET2.0.  Can any one give some tips or guidance how to approach this? How to start this application? Your input is appreciated.  Thanks Regards Bindu They are really two different things... I'd recommend the following... First, look at how you want to design your website to improve or duplicate the similar functionality you already have in your pc app. While a pc and web app are different, your class library code that does the interaction with databases and man...

How to convert A web Application in wap Application
 Hiiiiiiii ,             I Compleate a application with asp.net 1.1 now i want to convert it in to a wap application. so i want to know how i do this . i don't know what i do . help me in this that what i hv to doeither i reconstract it or something else .   Hi sandyjons, ASP.NET Mobile Forms allows you to easily build web applications that target mobile devices. ASP.NET is quick and efficient for writing and designing mobile Web Forms controls for cell phones or personal digital assistants. Hope th...

Web resources about - Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder