Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0

In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but
in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ?

0
Masun
4/17/2001 5:48:19 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups
This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar

Masun wrote:

> In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but
> in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ?

0
adam

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

POWERBUILDER 7.0
I am having problems getting updates to commit through powerbuilder. We have a few layers of stored procedures which make the queries a little long. Have tried MSS, ODBC, OLE DB connections, we've been messing with connection options for weeks, nothing seems to work. ODBC traces show success. This may not help you much; but, we have been using PB 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 for months in a production application and have never had a problem with commits on updates (using native MSS drivers). So, I would look at your own code. Where do you issue the commits? regards ...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0 Connection
I'm facing a problem in connecting powerbuilder 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 on 'Windows ME' when i try to connect to database it creates the connection without giving any error but when i try to see the tables in database painter or anywhere else it does'nt show me the tables and gives me error "SQLSTATE = S1003 [ODBC][SQLSERVER]Program type out of range" i've formatted my hard disk and again installed 'Windows ME' and other required softwares but the problem is still there, any suggessition would be worth for me. Thanks Saqib Sardar What build of...

What Does PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Fix From 7.0?
Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 fixes from 7.0? Thanks... Cayce http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/eastudio/35EBF1/pb702_ebf_8011.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Cayce Cook" <ccook@linnet.ca> wrote in message news:UGpDliNl$GA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 > fixes from 7.0? > > > Thanks... > Cayce > > ...

Connection problem with PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7
Hello, I am having a problem connecting PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7. The application connects fine. The problem is when I try to create a new datawindow with a stored procedure on SQL 7. I can view all the names of the stored procedures but I can't see any of the code. I am using the odbc driver 3.07.08.20 . When I try to look at the stored procedures I get the message 'The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text.' Everything worked fine in SQL 6.5. any help appreciated, Bruce ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- ht...

Chinese became chaos code on PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0
I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0, I keyed in Chinese data when Chinese became chaos code on display. I preview or print out also got the chaos code. I used OLE DB to link with SQL server 7.0 Please give me comment to fix it. -- Best Regards Wong Tat Ming Tel: 25235090 Email: tmwong@diagnostix.com.hk You need the Unicode versions of these.... PB 10.0 or higher plus SS2005 will get you to full Unicode compatibility. "chu" <chuchoy@msn.com> wrote in message news:4588d7be$1@forums-1-dub... > I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

Web resources about - Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0 - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles