CONNECT ERROR: DBMS is not supported in your current installation

Hi,

We are using EAServer(CTS version 4.2.3) which has PB 10.2.1 build
9597 components deployed. The EAServer had been running fine for days
when suddenly it crashed. Server logs had the error CONNECT ERROR:
DBMS is not supported in your current installation. The error was
repeated couple of times in the file before the server crashed due to
out of memory.

We have a clustered Production Server environment with Primary-
Secondary relationship. It was the Secondary server that crashed. The
Primary was running fine when secondary crashed.

After a quick check on the net and I checked the following
- DBMS is coming from a ini file which is "SYJ Adaptive Server
enterprise"
- There is a file Pbsyj100.dll in the appropriate shared folder.
- The environment paths are also set.  Nobody alters them since it is
a PROD running environment.

Following were noticed:
When we tried to restart the secondary we got below error

don't know if this was related to DBMS error

When both the Primary and Secondary were restarted everything was fine
again. No issues.

Any clues why it happened on the first place??? Also noticed that the
C:\of the secondary was almost full. There was a alert in event
viewer. But the alert came after the server crashed.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Amit Puri

0
Amit
5/10/2007 2:50:29 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The INI file (or the entry within it) is not being found... the error
message reads "DBMS <DBMSvalue> is not supported in your current
installaction".   In your case <DBMSvalue> is blank (not SYJ) so I'd
conclude that your call to ProfileString is returning the default
value in the invocation, which I suspect is the empty string.

Given that it's been working fine for a while, I wonder if there is
some type of a handle leak related to the ProfileString processing.  I
have see INI file access fail before under load within EAServer, and
always recommend ditching the INI file and using a props file instead.

On 10 May 2007 07:50:29 -0700, Amit P <connectamit@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are using EAServer(CTS version 4.2.3) which has PB 10.2.1 build
>9597 components deployed. The EAServer had been running fine for days
>when suddenly it crashed. Server logs had the error CONNECT ERROR:
>DBMS is not supported in your current installation. The error was
>repeated couple of times in the file before the server crashed due to
>out of memory.
>
>We have a clustered Production Server environment with Primary-
>Secondary relationship. It was the Secondary server that crashed. The
>Primary was running fine when secondary crashed.
>
>After a quick check on the net and I checked the following
>- DBMS is coming from a ini file which is "SYJ Adaptive Server
>enterprise"
>- There is a file Pbsyj100.dll in the appropriate shared folder.
>- The environment paths are also set.  Nobody alters them since it is
>a PROD running environment.
>
>Following were noticed:
>When we tried to restart the secondary we got below error
>
>don't know if this was related to DBMS error
>
>When both the Primary and Secondary were restarted everything was fine
>again. No issues.
>
>Any clues why it happened on the first place??? Also noticed that the
>C:\of the secondary was almost full. There was a alert in event
>viewer. But the alert came after the server crashed.
>
>Thanks for your help in advance!!
>Amit Puri
0
Jim
5/10/2007 3:04:40 PM
On May 10, 8:04 pm, "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_@_sybase_dot_com>
wrote:
> The INI file (or the entry within it) is not being found... the error
> message reads "DBMS <DBMSvalue> is not supported in your current
> installaction".   In your case <DBMSvalue> is blank (not SYJ) so I'd
> conclude that your call to ProfileString is returning the default
> value in the invocation, which I suspect is the empty string.
>
> Given that it's been working fine for a while, I wonder if there is
> some type of a handle leak related to the ProfileString processing.  I
> have see INI file access fail before under load within EAServer, and
> always recommend ditching the INI file and using a props file instead.
>
> On 10 May 2007 07:50:29 -0700, Amit P <connecta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Hi,
>
> >We are using EAServer(CTS version 4.2.3) which has PB 10.2.1 build
> >9597 components deployed. The EAServer had been running fine for days
> >when suddenly it crashed. Server logs had the error CONNECT ERROR:
> >DBMS is not supported in your current installation. The error was
> >repeated couple of times in the file before the server crashed due to
> >out of memory.
>
> >We have a clustered Production Server environment with Primary-
> >Secondary relationship. It was the Secondary server that crashed. The
> >Primary was running fine when secondary crashed.
>
> >After a quick check on the net and I checked the following
> >- DBMS is coming from a ini file which is "SYJ Adaptive Server
> >enterprise"
> >- There is a file Pbsyj100.dll in the appropriate shared folder.
> >- The environment paths are also set.  Nobody alters them since it is
> >a PROD running environment.
>
> >Following were noticed:
> >When we tried to restart the secondary we got below error
>
> >don't know if this was related to DBMS error
>
> >When both the Primary and Secondary were restarted everything was fine
> >again. No issues.
>
> >Any clues why it happened on the first place??? Also noticed that the
> >C:\of the secondary was almost full. There was a alert in event
> >viewer. But the alert came after the server crashed.
>
> >Thanks for your help in advance!!
> >Amit Puri- Hide quoted text -

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for your response -- i have further two questions

- Given that there was a problem reading the ini file, how come it
culminated after some time in "PB Heap Manager Exception" - allocVM()
failed and MemallocPtr(type void*, size 24) failed -- it looks like
Server ran out of memory. Can a handle error cause a memory error??

- What exactly is a prop file and how do i use it? If its just another
property file than won't the handle issue come again here since its
also a file?

Please let me know if you need any further information from my side.

Thanks in advance!
Amit Puri

0
Amit
5/10/2007 3:41:53 PM
>- Given that there was a problem reading the ini file, how come it
>culminated after some time in "PB Heap Manager Exception" - allocVM()
>failed and MemallocPtr(type void*, size 24) failed -- it looks like
>Server ran out of memory. Can a handle error cause a memory error??
The allocVM is a memory issue, so in that regard perhaps there is a
related issue here and ProfileString didn't execute correctly since
there wasn't enough memory to handle it.  A size of 24 is pretty low
though, so I suspect your memory issue is not related to the INI file
per se.

>- What exactly is a prop file and how do i use it? If its just another
>property file than won't the handle issue come again here since its
>also a file?
Each component has a .props file in EAServer - you can view it in the
repository.  The ContextKeyword method in PowerBuilder will allow you
to read the values within it and there is a EAServer component
Jaguar::Repository that gives you more flexibility.  It is another
file; however, since it's access is managed directly by EAServer it's
less 'risky' that a direct access to the file system which is what
ProfileString is doing.

On 10 May 2007 08:41:53 -0700, Amit P <connectamit@gmail.com> wrote:

>On May 10, 8:04 pm, "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_@_sybase_dot_com>
>wrote:
>> The INI file (or the entry within it) is not being found... the error
>> message reads "DBMS <DBMSvalue> is not supported in your current
>> installaction".   In your case <DBMSvalue> is blank (not SYJ) so I'd
>> conclude that your call to ProfileString is returning the default
>> value in the invocation, which I suspect is the empty string.
>>
>> Given that it's been working fine for a while, I wonder if there is
>> some type of a handle leak related to the ProfileString processing.  I
>> have see INI file access fail before under load within EAServer, and
>> always recommend ditching the INI file and using a props file instead.
>>
>> On 10 May 2007 07:50:29 -0700, Amit P <connecta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Hi,
>>
>> >We are using EAServer(CTS version 4.2.3) which has PB 10.2.1 build
>> >9597 components deployed. The EAServer had been running fine for days
>> >when suddenly it crashed. Server logs had the error CONNECT ERROR:
>> >DBMS is not supported in your current installation. The error was
>> >repeated couple of times in the file before the server crashed due to
>> >out of memory.
>>
>> >We have a clustered Production Server environment with Primary-
>> >Secondary relationship. It was the Secondary server that crashed. The
>> >Primary was running fine when secondary crashed.
>>
>> >After a quick check on the net and I checked the following
>> >- DBMS is coming from a ini file which is "SYJ Adaptive Server
>> >enterprise"
>> >- There is a file Pbsyj100.dll in the appropriate shared folder.
>> >- The environment paths are also set.  Nobody alters them since it is
>> >a PROD running environment.
>>
>> >Following were noticed:
>> >When we tried to restart the secondary we got below error
>>
>> >don't know if this was related to DBMS error
>>
>> >When both the Primary and Secondary were restarted everything was fine
>> >again. No issues.
>>
>> >Any clues why it happened on the first place??? Also noticed that the
>> >C:\of the secondary was almost full. There was a alert in event
>> >viewer. But the alert came after the server crashed.
>>
>> >Thanks for your help in advance!!
>> >Amit Puri- Hide quoted text -

>Hi Jim,
>
>Thanks so much for your response -- i have further two questions
>
>- Given that there was a problem reading the ini file, how come it
>culminated after some time in "PB Heap Manager Exception" - allocVM()
>failed and MemallocPtr(type void*, size 24) failed -- it looks like
>Server ran out of memory. Can a handle error cause a memory error??
>
>- What exactly is a prop file and how do i use it? If its just another
>property file than won't the handle issue come again here since its
>also a file?
>
>Please let me know if you need any further information from my side.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Amit Puri
0
Jim

DBMS is not supported on current installation error
When coverting existing PB application to be ported on IIS [Localhost, same computer as PB11.5 install] I am getting the following error. "Connection Error. DBMS is not supported on current installation." My database is oracle 10g and I use native connection. I installed Framework 2.0 with Ajax 1.0 extentions for PB11.5/IIS 5.1/IE 6.0. I put the following Dlls on the bin folder. [tried more than all needed, just in case] gdiplus.dll, libeay32.dll, libjcc.dll, libjutils.dll, pbdpl115.DLL, PBDWE115.DLL, pbdwg115.DLL, PBDWM115.DLL, pbdwo115.dll, PBjvm115.DLL, pbo101...

error:DBMS ODBC is not support in your current installation
I made an executable file 'test.exe' for my pb application on machine A. I got an error message: DBMS ODBC is not support in your current installation when I ran test.exe on machin B. Please note: 1)machine B does not have PB6 installed. 2)I configured the ODBC same way for machine B as machine A. 3)Both machine have sybase system11 ODBC driver. Here is a script associated with open event for test application SQLCA.AutoCommit =true SQLCA.dbms ="ODBC" SQLCA.dbparm="Connectsring='dsn=dms; uid=sa; pwd =sybase115&#...

Error: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation.
What causes this error? "Error: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation." This error msg appears when we try to run our pb app. The app ran fine, previously. Any ideas? Thanks, Doug You need to deploy PBODB0n0.DLL and .INI with your application runtime files. And you need an ODBC entry in the Vendors line of the [Database] section of your PB.INI file. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:ESr7T1TfBHA.346@forums.sybase.com... > > What causes this error...

DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation ERROR
I'm getting this error when trying to deploy a PB5.0 application to a Windows95 machine. (Using Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0). This is the first time I've tried to deploy to a W95 machine. I've done it successfully several times before to a W3.1 machine. I used the same process here. Does anybody know what I've done wrong? Thanks, Doug McNeill - Dallas You can check out the faq on www.ctpartners.com or search www.dejanews.com or... Make sure the diretcory of SQLANywhere is in your path for the application along iwth the pbodb050.dll. These are usually the one...

Connecting to ORACLE
Here is my situation: We have installed ORACLE 8.1.6 Client on several workstations where PowerBuilder 7.0 Applications were also installed. The certain alias names were created as "Oracle8 realease 8.0 or Oracle7 database or service". When I try to connect on these machines the PowerBuilder App returns the "DBMS not supported in your current installation" Error Message. What do I need to look for? If that is the exact message, it indicates that you are not populating the sqlca.dbms parameter correctly. It is blank. It should be set to O73 or O84 for Ora...

Error message:"DBMS not supported in your current installation"
I am using for my database Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 with an application developed in Power Builder 6.0. The exe for the application is a 32 bit executable. I created the setup diskettes using install shield 5.1 and after installing the new application on a new machine that runs win95 I could not connect to the database. I keep getting this message "DBMS not supported in your current installation". If anyone is familiar with this problem, I will appreciate all the help I can get. It has been frustrating couple days. Thanks Elie from SIC. ...

I'm getting error "DBMS is not supported in you current installation"
Hi all I have started a new Sybase 6.0.3 / Powerbuilder 7 application by taking one existing database and creating a new application around it. When I try to run it through Powerbuilder, upon the connection to the database I get an error: SQLCA (999): DBMS is not supported in your current installation but it still proceeds to connect and run OK. I've read that it could be with PBxxx.DLLs, but I have all of them OK as with other PB applications. Any ideas? Thanx in advance Hi, debug to the CONNECT ; call and look at the global variable sqlca. Check if t...

DBMS Message: 999, DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation.
I am receiving this message when trying to deploy my application: "DBMS Message: 999 DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation." This application was ported from PB 5.0.3 to PB 7.0 using an ODBC interface to UniData. The application runs with no problem on my computer, however, will not run on any other computer. ODBC drivers are the same rev. level on all machines that I have tested this on (including my own). Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, Steve Have you deployed the pbodb70.dll? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Lt...

DBMS is not supported in your current installation
I have a Sybase SQLAnywhere 5.0 database that I connect to via a legacy application written in PB4. We recently upgraded to PB7 and I receive a connection error message. The developer that upgraded to PB7 has a copy of the database but he is using Sybase Adaptive Server and is able to connect just fine. He also has the PB development environment installed on his machine. On the client machine where we are receiving the error, I have the following files: libjcc.dll, pbdwe70.dll, pbfnt70.ini, pblab70.ini, pbodb70.dll, pbodb70.ini, pbrtc70.dll, pbtra70.dll, pbvm70.dll. Are there...

DBMS is not supported in your current installation
Why would I be getting this error? This is my connect code: /* Function : Open Purpose : Init, open main window, connect to DB Params : None Returns : None */ /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------*/ //Connection string String ls_Connect //connect to database ls_connect = 'DSN=BLWPROD;' ls_connect += 'DBF=c:\blwin32\database\blwmed.db;' ls_connect += 'UID=dba;' ls_connect += 'PWD=sql;' SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT', Connectstring='&qu...

DBMS Not Supported in current installation
Deployed PB11.2 to Windows Vista Client ( for the first time )vs Sql Server 2000 Database. Using OLE DB driver. SQLCODE = 999 SQLERRTEXT = dbmSs not supported in curent installation I receive no errors in Windows XP. The appliaction runs fine on Windows XP Professional Client. Any suggestions. Thanks did you install the sql server client from the microsoft sql server installation? "rfalagan" wrote in message news:48e4ec2e.5217.1681692777@sybase.com... > Deployed PB11.2 to Windows Vista Client ( for the first > time )vs Sql Server 2000 Database. Using OL...

DBMS is not supported in current installation
I have written and compiled a program with PB5 (32-bit long filename) and when I run the executable file, A "Connect Error" dialog box with the following information pop-up: "DBMS is not supported in your current installation" I have already included the directory "c:\sqlany50\win32" in PATH statement in my AUTOEXEC.BAT, but still not worked. Any one know what the problem is? Best regards, Alexander Alexander Chow <alexchow@qqqq.com> wrote in article <33FA8B86.7CAEAD05@qqqq.com>... : I have written and co...

DBMS not supported in your current installation.
Hi, I am a starter. When I run my application, i get a message something like "DBMS not supported in your current installation". What did I miss? This means that you do not have ODBC installed on your computer. You may the latest ODBC drivers on Microsoft's web site. It should be called Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). -Vu Bui I have ODBC and Sybase SQL Anywhere drivers installed on my system. That database was created using Watcom SQL Server 4, which i don't have installed now. I have also created User DSN. But whenever I try to use the ...

DBMS is not supported in your current installation
I am getting this message for an application that I created an executable for. I have read the Sybase Support doc but their solution does not work. I have the appropriate PBxxx60.DLL. Any ideas???? If the subject line is the EXACT message, then you transaction object is not populated. If you are populating from an INI file for example, the application is not able to locate the file Otherwise, messages such as "DBMS xxx is not supported..." where xxx is the three character interface name (i.e., ODB, SYC, OR8, OLE ) indicate that: 1) Ensure that the client software...

Web resources about - CONNECT ERROR: DBMS is not supported in your current installation - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?