Changing defualt fonts with language change

I was wondering if anyone can offer any help/suggestions with the following
problem.

We are using Powerbuilder 6.5 (Patch 1.2.19) on Windows 2000 to develop an
application that works with Thai and English languages. (as such Windows
2000 has been setup with both Thai and English support). When we switch
Windows 2000 from Thai to English, Powerbuilder does not switch the fonts
within the programme we have built. i.e. it keeps the same UPC Thai font
even when the language is English. This is causing lots of problems as we
need to use a specific font for English. For all other programmes (e.g.
notepad), Windows changes to the default English font.

Is there a workaround to this so that powerbuilder will switch to a default
English font?
0
Paul_Cina
4/19/2001 12:51:22 PM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Color changes AND font changes...
I would REALLY like to change the fonts for calendars just like I do with BG colors. Can I do it by adding something like font-size: 15pt !important in the calendar ICS file? Thanx, zeddock PS. I notice many patches are referenced here. Why is there not a more regular Sunbird release, nightly or weekly? zeddock wrote: > I would REALLY like to change the fonts for calendars just like I do > with BG colors. Can I do it by adding something like > font-size: 15pt !important > in the calendar ICS file? > > Thanx, > zeddock > > PS. I notice ...

a way to change Skype font without changing KDE fonts
Hi folks! Do you know a way to change Skype default font size without changing the default fonts in KDE through KDE Control Centre? I know about "qtconfig" but it does not work in SUSE 11.1 and later (11.2 also, of course). I filed a bug about the "qtconfig" problem but it seems that this is the new way fonts are changed in all applications in SUSE - only by a centralized way - through KDE Control Centre... -- 1. Flawless Web-browsing (all details connected to browsing) 2. Flawless video playing 3. Flawless music playing 4. Flawless chat clients (perfect...

when I change the language of browser ,the language of website doesn't change.!!!!
Hi I used local resource for my website .but when i change the language of browser(IE) .the language dosn't chankge.I don't know why.? I examin it one time before ,it worked .but i don't know what happened?    can you give more brief about your problem? difficult to understand? This isn't likely but it's worth a try.  Is it possible your local browser cache is holding on to the old resources.  Try vising the page and clicking Ctrl + f5, which will refresh the page and the cache.Community Coder...

Why did you change the ability to change global font
Name: Beth Marie Murphy Email: bethmarieatsaskteldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why did you change the ability to change global font Comments: I would like to know why you took away the ability to change default font in messages. The one you chose is very small and I prefer Ariel because of its clean character and is easier to read. It is a pain in the neck to have to change it with each message. PLEASE bring back the ability to change default font!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ...

Changing image files when changing language
i have two set of images for the two languages. I would like to seek the advice for loading different set of images when the languages are changed.   Thank you. I do this with resource files and the built in features of ASP.NET 2.0. The Image control can be localized, so the ImageUrl is stored in the resource file and automatically picked up when the locale changes. See http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/localization/default.aspx for more on localization....

Changed login, where to change.
The owner of a news server changed the login (userid/passw) I would like to change the old login to the new one, but I don't see where in the accounts setting this has to be done. I hope there is a possibility, as I wouldn't like to delete the account and create it again. I have subscribed to a lot of groups. user@domain.invalid wrote: > The owner of a news server changed the login (userid/passw) > I would like to change the old login to the new one, but I don't see > where in the accounts setting this has to be done. > I hope there is a possibility, as I w...

How to change Calendar Fonts w/o changing mailbox
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to change the fonts showing up in the Calendar without changing the 'mailbox' list font? It seems I have 5 different GroupWise fonts: 1. The multi-user Calendar view in the main groupwise window seems to be the largest. 2. the external (?) multi-user Calendar view from the 'calendar' toolbar button, has slightly smaller font 3. The 'week' Calendar view from clicking on the 'calendar' toolbar button has slightly smaller-yet font 4. the "mailbox" view from the main groupwise window seems to be directly linked to...

changed-by-other-than, or last-changed-by?
We have a change control board (CCB) that reviews bug activity once a week. The CCB occasionally changes a bug during the review. The next week they'd like NOT to see bugs where there has been no activity since the last review. However, people are free to make bug updates during the review. In our legacy system, they did a query something like "show bugs changed in the last 8 days where the 'last changed by' was something other than the CCB review user". I'm coming up blank on how to do this same thing in Bugzilla. Any suggestions? I thought that a...

Changed default font for all control captions
I have somehow changed the default font for all (at least for sure Standard) controls on the tool palette. I can not change it back. I was trying to change a number of label caption font criteria (underline and bold) by selecting more than one label and then changing the font properties in the Object Inspector. I accomplished that task. Shortly after I realized that any new controls I placed on my form had their caption font information set to what I just did (underline and bold). It appears I have set th e default font for ??(all controls, tool palette, whatever??) and dont know how to chang...

change de delete button text and change the language of the MessageDlg but
Hi, I have these problems with delphi xe5 1. How can we change de delete button text That Appear When We swipe over a TListView component? I want it to change to Italian, in my case. 2. How can I change the language of the MessageDlg buttons to "YES / NO" to "YES / NO" (Italian language)? Are there alternatives? Best Regards ...

How can I change font settings for other languages?
Hi, I just installed openSUSE 11.3 (Gnome). I am using Korean language, but I don't want to make Korean language as my default language. So I installed Korean lang as secondary language. It works well. But the problem is Korean font. Actually BEFORE installing the language, the font look much nicer. But as soon as I installed the language, the font became ugly. Even if I uninstal the language, the font still remains the same (ugly). Where is the font setting for other languages stored? It would be nice if I can set default fonts for Korean language manually. Thank you...

Change language direction and language
Hi all I am using a web application input page where the user enters name in english from sql table and upon pressing tab on the english name i am displaying the name in different language in another textbox that has a direction from right to left. Some times i need to enter names that are not found in the database. In this case, i need when pressing tab from the english name; to change the direction(RTL) and language(Ar-sa) in the second name automatically without the user pressing right ALT+Shift to change the direction and language. Is this possible with a javascript ...

PowerBuilder failed to change the Unicode font substitution.
Hi, We're currently migrating apps from PB6.5 to PB11.5. When running an app through a citrix server we receive the following error: PowerBuilder failed to change the Unicode font substitution. You must run at least once with administrator privileges to complete this process. I've been looking on the web and it looks like this is resolved in EBF 16640. We're currently on Version 11.5 Build 2506. Is there another way to resolve this issue or should I apply this EBF (or a later one)? Thanks and Regards, Sean ...

PowerBuilder 6 changes printed datawindow font
We recently migrated an application from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. One of the datawindows has fields using the Microsoft Sans Serif 8 font. When printed, the font is different on two of the same HP printers. Both of the printers printed exactly the same way when the application was in PowerBuilder 5. Also, the verticle field spacing has changed from PowerBuilder 5 to PowerBuilder 6. Has anybody had these results? Does the 6.0.01 patch (currently in beta) fix this? Brian Valerie, A change to the way PBU's are calculated was made to PB6. The end result is that PB...

Web resources about - Changing defualt fonts with language change - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...