Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder

Hi,

I am writing a component using Powerbuilder  and a third party
ActiveX control.

Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component:

oleobject o
o = create oleobject
o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb")

Simon
10/19/2001 3:45:40 AM
sybase.easerver.powerbuilder 3902 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the
..TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to
generate one)

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Simon..." <simon@cms.hkcable.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a component using Powerbuilder  and a third party
> ActiveX control.
>
> Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component:
>
> oleobject o
> o = create oleobject
> o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb")

Roy
10/19/2001 12:58:58 PM
If you want to use the activeX component as a jaguar component then you need
to do that (import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar). If you just want to call
the object using the syntax you used below then you don't need to do
anything special as long as the control is registered properly.

You do have to worry about whether the control supports multithreading or
not if the possibility exists that more than one component will access the
control at the same time.

Alex
__________________________

Alex Whitney
Vice President of R&D
MedicWare
www.MedicWare.com

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:U$zzI$JWBHA.234@forums.sybase.com...
> Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the
> .TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to
> generate one)
>
> --
> <hopethishelps />
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com
> http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231
>
> "Simon..." <simon@cms.hkcable.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am writing a component using Powerbuilder  and a third party
> > ActiveX control.
> >
> > Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component:
> >
> > oleobject o
> > o = create oleobject
> > o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb")

Alex

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder?
I would or someone else use a API function where you must use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the size of a structure in powerbuilder? Count the bytes. You know the length of every object, because strings have to be initialized before seneding them to the API call. On 19 Jan 2006 08:11:55 -0800, kdioses@sybase.com wrote: >I would or someone else use a API function where you must >use a structure and know the size of it, how I can get the >size of a structure in powerbuilder? Nothing, though I've been asking for a SizeOf function in PB since ver...

How Power++ can be used with Powerbuilder ?
Hi all ! I'm new to Power++. I work with powerbuilder and I want to know how Power++ and Powerbuilder can be used together. Here at Algo Design inc., we do all databases development with Powerbuilder. How can I integrate Power++ application ? Thanks guys ! ------------------------------------------------- Yvan Lussier R&D Algo Design inc. The first thing to understand is that Power++ 2.0 and 2.1 supports PowerBuilder v5 datawindows only. Power++ 2.5 will support PB v6 datawindows when its released. Jim Fennacy ����� � ��������� ... >The firs...

EAServer App using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am a PB client/server developer having a good understanding of client/server design issues. But when it comes to WEB app, I am not having a good understanding of underlining concepts. like How people do authentication in WEB(in Client server we do this by making connection to Database, but in web app this does not looks practical. A web app should use some chched conections to databasewhich every user connection should use) I would really appreciate if some one could guide me where I could find a sample application (kind of getting started using EA Server and PB not...

How can I use ChartFX in PowerBuilder
Has anyone used ChartFX and Powerbuilder? If possilbe, let me know the sample code, please. my e-mail address : ils7@naver.com ...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

Can SQLDMO objects be used by PowerBuilder?
Hi all, Can SQLDMO objects be used by PowerBuilder? If yes, how.... The answer is yes, via OLE Automation. Functions include ConnectToNewObject(). I will try to get some sample code. VictorReinhart ...

Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used?
Hi all, does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net? If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the datawindows be created in? Could I for instance take an existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in a .net app without any modification? Thanks for any help you can give. Steve. Yes they can. They need to be migrated to the version of DataWindow ..NET that you are using, but the DataWindow Designer that comes with the product will do that for you. Note: OLE and Rich Text DataWindows are not sup...

Can I use OCX in Pocket PowerBuilder?
Can I use Pocket PowerBuilder with OCX, since I have a scanner ocx but do not know how to insert to the Pocket PowerBuilder program. Is it support? for scanner support you could look on sybase sdn or have a look if the new classes in PB can help you get going: see whats new in 1.5 HPBiometricScanner object (implementing methods of the BiometricScanner base class) Processes fingerprints scanned by Hewlett-Packard biometric scanners SymbolBarcodeScanner object (implementing methods of the BarcodeScanner base class) Processes bar codes scanned by Symbol Technologies bar code r...

Why I should use PowerBuilder
I have used PB for 3.5 years now - I would not go back to VB (unless required by our client). Which is what may happen... I have a design meeting with an IT group to standardize their software applications. The IT group works for a health authority who has taken the initative to re-write all their current applications in one common programming language. I feel that PB is their best option but I can not find anything around that says... PB is better than <enter other tool> becuase ... Unfortunately, most of the people I will be meeting with have a MS background and use V...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Web resources about - Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder - sybase.easerver.powerbuilder

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles