XP with EAServer 4.2.2

I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX. 
  But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep 
session variables.  But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it 
works fine.  Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local access?

TIA
Joe

0
Joe
1/13/2004 7:19:46 PM
sybase.easerver.general 7903 articles. 0 followers. Follow

11 Replies
422 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

Notes for Win XP:

1) Install Sun Java VM before installing EAServer.  You can find latest version
of Sun JRE from http://java.sun.com
2) Install in Windows 2000 compatible mode.
3) Installing from CD migth be a problem.  You might have a copy the installable
on your machine and then install.  If you have downloaded, then probably it is
best to install directly from your hard drive, instead of burning a CD and then
installing.

Pablo Escobar
e-Business Solutions
Guatemala, Central America



On 13 Jan 2004 11:19:46 -0800,
 in sybase.public.easerver.general
Joe Coady <jcoady@langui.com> wrote: 
>I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX. 
>  But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep 
>session variables.  But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it 
>works fine.  Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local access?
>
>TIA
>Joe
>
0
Pablo
1/13/2004 9:48:14 PM
I have had it working before.  Can you explain your install steps?

Mark

"Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
news:400446fd@forums-2-dub...
> I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX.
>   But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep
> session variables.  But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it
> works fine.  Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local access?
>
> TIA
> Joe
>


0
Mark
1/14/2004 4:03:04 PM
I installed 4.2.1 on XP normally as an Advanced Server version.  Then I 
did the EBF to 4.2.2.  All deploys correctly from JBuilder X but when I 
try to hit the jsps from IE on the local EAS4.2.2 machine I cannot get 
any servlet to keep / see session variables.  BUT if I hit this XP 
EAS4.2.2 server from another IE browser (on say a 2000 PC ) it works 
correctly.  My frustration is that I want to do my development and 
testing on one machine instead of bouncing around.

TIA
Joe

Mark Pfeifer[TeamSybase] wrote:
> I have had it working before.  Can you explain your install steps?
> 
> Mark
> 
> "Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
> news:400446fd@forums-2-dub...
> 
>>I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX.
>>  But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep
>>session variables.  But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it
>>works fine.  Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local access?
>>
>>TIA
>>Joe
>>
> 
> 
> 

0
Joe
1/15/2004 5:29:20 PM
This makes no sense. Can you post the URL you are calling?

Are you using any type of OS security? Are you using the same URL from both
machines?

-- 
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
PowerObjects
http://www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112





"Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
news:4006cdf0@forums-1-dub...
> I installed 4.2.1 on XP normally as an Advanced Server version.  Then I
> did the EBF to 4.2.2.  All deploys correctly from JBuilder X but when I
> try to hit the jsps from IE on the local EAS4.2.2 machine I cannot get
> any servlet to keep / see session variables.  BUT if I hit this XP
> EAS4.2.2 server from another IE browser (on say a 2000 PC ) it works
> correctly.  My frustration is that I want to do my development and
> testing on one machine instead of bouncing around.
>
> TIA
> Joe
>
> Mark Pfeifer[TeamSybase] wrote:
> > I have had it working before.  Can you explain your install steps?
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
> > news:400446fd@forums-2-dub...
> >
> >>I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX.
> >>  But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep
> >>session variables.  But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it
> >>works fine.  Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local
access?
> >>
> >>TIA
> >>Joe
> >>
> >
> >
> >
>


0
Dean
1/15/2004 9:02:04 PM
Dean -- I agree it makes no sense.  I hit the local machine and from 
remote using the same url: http://dell_joe/atrimswar/intro.jsp where 
dell_joe is the name of the XP PC and the ${JAGUAR_LOCAL_HOST} on the 
listener.  I then hit from the remote 2000 PC using the same url.

The intro.jsp goes to a controller that sets some session variable and 
calls a second jsp that uses them. BUT from the local PC the log file 
shows null pointers for the session variables.  BUT the log files show 
the correct values when hit from remote 2000 PC.

Go figure!!

Joe

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:
> This makes no sense. Can you post the URL you are calling?
> 
> Are you using any type of OS security? Are you using the same URL from both
> machines?
> 

0
Joe
1/16/2004 4:45:38 AM
You can't use underscores in the host name. Remove the underscores and all
will be well.

-- 
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
PowerObjects
http://www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112





"Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
news:40076ea6@forums-2-dub...
> Dean -- I agree it makes no sense.  I hit the local machine and from
> remote using the same url: http://dell_joe/atrimswar/intro.jsp where
> dell_joe is the name of the XP PC and the ${JAGUAR_LOCAL_HOST} on the
> listener.  I then hit from the remote 2000 PC using the same url.
>
> The intro.jsp goes to a controller that sets some session variable and
> calls a second jsp that uses them. BUT from the local PC the log file
> shows null pointers for the session variables.  BUT the log files show
> the correct values when hit from remote 2000 PC.
>
> Go figure!!
>
> Joe
>
> Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:
> > This makes no sense. Can you post the URL you are calling?
> >
> > Are you using any type of OS security? Are you using the same URL from
both
> > machines?
> >
>


0
Dean
1/16/2004 7:17:23 PM
Thanks Dean.  I did that and it seems to solve the problem.  Is this 
documented??

Joe

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:
> You can't use underscores in the host name. Remove the underscores and all
> will be well.
> 

0
Joe
1/17/2004 1:11:20 PM
Dean,

How can I change the %{JAGUAR_HOST_NAME}% for the listener without 
having to reinstall 4.2.2 after I change the machine name from dell_joe 
to delljoe?

I looked at the serenv.bat and changed it there but that never fully worked.

Joe

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:

> You can't use underscores in the host name. Remove the underscores and all
> will be well.
> 

0
Joe
1/17/2004 1:15:47 PM
w3c standard

-- 
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
PowerObjects
http://www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112





"Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
news:40093478$1@forums-1-dub...
> Thanks Dean.  I did that and it seems to solve the problem.  Is this
> documented??
>
> Joe
>
> Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:
> > You can't use underscores in the host name. Remove the underscores and
all
> > will be well.
> >
>


0
Dean
1/19/2004 5:55:38 PM
are you running as a service? If yes you need to run the serverstart.bat
with uninstall then install again or modify the registry directly.

-- 
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
PowerObjects
http://www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112





"Joe Coady" <jcoady@langui.com> wrote in message
news:40093583$1@forums-1-dub...
> Dean,
>
> How can I change the %{JAGUAR_HOST_NAME}% for the listener without
> having to reinstall 4.2.2 after I change the machine name from dell_joe
> to delljoe?
>
> I looked at the serenv.bat and changed it there but that never fully
worked.
>
> Joe
>
> Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:
>
> > You can't use underscores in the host name. Remove the underscores and
all
> > will be well.
> >
>


0
Dean
1/19/2004 5:56:45 PM
thanks Dean for the help.  All appears normal ??? now.

Joe

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] wrote:

> are you running as a service? If yes you need to run the serverstart.bat
> with uninstall then install again or modify the registry directly.
> 

0
Joe
1/20/2004 5:59:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 )
EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 ). There is log file fragment( last part is most interesting ): Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Started: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: services... Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: CosNaming/JNameService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: Jaguar/GarbageCollector Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Warning: interface Replacer is illegal in module ejb::replacer (see CORBA 2.3 section 3.15.2) Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Stopped: CosNaming/JNameService Au...

EAServer 4.2.2 not start as service after upgrade from 4.2.0
Hello, All! After upgrade 4.2.0 to 4.2.2 EAServer can't start as service In System Event log 2 event 7000 - The "Jaguar" service failed to start due to the following error ... 7009 - Timeout (30000 ms) waiting for service to connect. Start trought serverstart.bat is normal. Where problem? With best regards, Alexey Danilov. E-mail: dan@pharm.mos.ru Did you reinstall the service? Try deleting the service and re-adding it. Or check the classpaths defined for the service in the registry and make sure they match the batch file. D "Alexey Danilov&quo...

Can not start EAServer after upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub413d5d88 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I upgrade my EAServer from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3. I immediately try to start the server , the dos box closed by itself and the server never started. My computer is running on Microsoft XP professional SP1. I've attached the jaguar log file. Will someone please look into the log file and help me with this big question. Thank you very much. ---=_forums-2-dub413d5d88 Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="...

More than one version of EAServer on one machine? (4.2.2 & 5.2)
Hi there, I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production server. Now I want to put 5.2 on the same machine. I started the 5.2 install and it gives an option to put the new version in a different folder, you can even rename the service, but the "shared" folder remains the same. I thought I would check here for any insight on this subject, before possibly messing up the 4.2.2 environment. Any gotchas? Thanks, Tim Tim Byford wrote: > Hi there, > > I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production ...

Problem using JCE in EAServer 4.0/4.2.2
Hi All, Could any one help me with this problem. I saw a similar solution here where an EJB is used to solve the problem but I tried I can still make it work. I have put the JCE jars sunjce_provider,jce1_2_2,local_policy and US_policy jars in the class paths and even in serverstart classpath entries. I still receive this error. I have a sample JSP that I am test. *************JSP******************************** <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE> </TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <%@ page language="java" isErrorPage="false" import = "jav...

Webservice on EAServer 4.2/4.2.3 with AXIS Client
List, I am attempting to use a Java client application to invoke a web service (hosted on EAServer) using Apache Axis 1.1. This fails due to: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element is missing. Please see attachment for complete error message and Java client class. I can successfully invoke the same web service using the Sybase ClientProxy method (see attachment for Java client class). Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or whether these versions are incompatible ? Thanks James begin 666 wsnewsgroup_issue.doc MT,\...

FYI: Apache 2.0 support via EAServer 4.2.2 redirector plug-in
Hello all. An EBF is now available to add Apache 2.0 support via the EAServer Web server redirector plug-in on Windows and Solaris. EAServer EBF 1470 for 4.2.2 Windows http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sddetail.stm?relid=5028&baseprod=128&client=mysybase EAServer EBF 11471 for 4.2.2 Sun Solaris http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sddetail.stm?relid=5029&baseprod=128&client=mysybase Regards, Jackie Green Sybase, Inc. ...

Problem with EAServer 4.2.2 Update
I have updated my 4.2.0 version and now I have a problem with webdw. When I run my application, I receive this error message: ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/HTMLGenerator90', 'Exception thrown: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction in method CreateComponent of class JagComp. Unable to find or create the required component with the given parameters: "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator90 iiop://sbw2k:9000 jagadmin *****". near line 3986' ERROR: Could not connect to server component. Please, help me. Thanks It sounds l...

EAServer 4.2.2 JNDI Error
Could someone help me I am try to use my EJB deploy to another Jaguar on another server. I receive this error: getUserInfo(user:) jagadmin: Caught exception :org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: minor code: 0 completed: No I do not receive such when am using my local jaguar This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Are you trying to do deploy from server1 to server 2 ? If yes then you can do that by using jagtool ? Thanks, Sandip --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type...

Error installing EAServer 4.2.2
That's it: Errors occurred during the installation. Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = : instance = 1 Thanks in advance Hi, Try rename the file vpd.properties in your windows directory and install again "George Evert" <gosha-sl@yandex.ru> wrote in message news:3fe97fc6$1@forums-2-dub... > > That's it: > > Errors occurred during the installation. > Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = : > instance = 1 > > Thanks in advance > ...

How to redirect EAServer 4.2.2 to Apache???
Hi, I have EAServer 4.2.2 and want to use server redirector to Apache 2.0. Have followed the instructions in Sybase help but it doesn't work. After modify the httpf.conf, copy the dlls, create the conn_config file, Apache doesn't start. Get this message: Syntax error on line 135 of C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/libjeas2_mod.dll into server: The specified module could not be found. Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit. 27... Somebody have the RIGHT inst...

EAServer 4.2.2 MS DTC
Hello group I am trying to use the MS DTC coordinator but when I enable it and then try to ping the connection cache I get the following Error: Ping of mci_jdbc Connection Cache failed: JCMCache.getConnection() could not acquire a connection. JCMCache.getConnection() did not throw an exception. The setup I use is the following: EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) Developer Edition SQL Server 2000 SP 1 (Developer Edition) I am connecting using the following JDBC Driver Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Service Pack 1 Version 2.2.0029 December 2002 ...

EAServer 4.2.2 Redirector and HTTPS
I have a been able to get the the 4.2.2 redirector installed and running properly on an IIS 6.x web server. While HTTP requests are forwarded properly to EA, HTTPS requests are not. I've been through the documentation and all I find is how to configure an SSL connection from the web server to EA. Is there something that needs to be done to redirector configuration file or to the web server or am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Robin Thompson LPD Enterprises Inc. Duhhh.. The network administrator has blocked port 443 on the server I w...

4.2.2.2
Occasionally I will get an alert from ZAF announcing "The firewall has blocked local network access to 4.2.2.2 (DNS) from your computer." The explanation says that ZA has blocked access to Port 53 on a DNS server. Why would ZA block this? As far as I know, it has never requested permission to access this server and I have never denied such permission. I use a Netgear router, and in order to make it work with my system, I was instructed to configure the DNS Configuration of the TCP/IP Properties of my network card and add 4.2.2.2 as one of my DNS Servers. Thanks for you...

Web resources about - XP with EAServer 4.2.2 - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo
Real's HowTo Custom Search Java Language String and Number Applet AWT Swing Environment IO Javascript interaction JDBC Thread Networking JSP ...

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals


Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus
Skip to content Skip to breadcrumbs Skip to header menu Skip to action menu Skip to quick search Quick Search Browse Pages Blog Labels Attachments ...

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo
Real's HowTo Custom Search Java Language String and Number Applet AWT Swing Environment IO Javascript interaction JDBC Thread Networking JSP ...

Resources last updated: 1/16/2016 7:37:30 AM