Using datawindows from the EAServer

Hi there,

I hava succeeded to deploy a datawindow on the application, but I can't
figure out how I'm going to use it. When I have a JDataWindowControl on my
form how do I put the datawindow object, which is a Corba object, into thar
form?

Second, when I'm trying to invoke a method on the object that I have got
through my lookup I'll get a org.omg.Corba.UNKNOWN exception with minor
code 0 and completion status as not completed. Why does I get such an
error?

Hope to here from you soon regarding this two issues.

Thanks in regards,
Jess

0
Jess_Nielsen

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Can I develop using the Web Datawindow WITHOUT EAServer?
I am a Web Development newbie. Although I've used PowerBuilder for six years I've never used it for Web Development but only for Client/Server apps. I now have PB 6.5, PB 8.03 and PB 9. The clients all have in-house servers and most have their own web sites, servers and databases. To kick off I need to allow users to input data into forms on their browser and receive data back from the database(s) (and also validate). I wish to use the Web datawindow to do this. However, the users are not happy with having to use EAServer (there is the cost issue as well as the administra...

To use or not to use (web services / EAServer)
We (TSD) are developing client/server applications with PB for many years now (starting with PB 3.x). Now we are using PB 8.03 with ASA 8.02. In our PB applications we do have some business objects in seperate libraries. They consist of a datastore with a lot of functions. Functions do sometimes call visible objects. The last few years we see that users are more and more asking for Internet and PDA solutions. To prevent double source codes we like to have the same objects/functions for the 'old' client/server information and for the internet and PDA solutions. In our opi...

Problem at use methods of components EAServer as stored procedures in DataWindow.
I create in PowerBuilder object DataWindow with DataSource as stored procedures. Stored procedures are methods of component EAServers which returns resultset. All works perfectly if the method does not have parameters. If the method has parameters PowerBuilder dysplaying error message box: Cannot create DataWindow 'SystemException - IDL:omg.org/CORBA/MARSHAL:1.01 execute PackageName.Component.method;1' Any ideas? Best regards, can you post the code in the method? -- Dean Jones TeamSybase PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com "Ivan Lisenkov" <...

Web DataWindow: Using EAServer JDBC connection cache with SetTrans
I'm trying to figure out how to use a JDBC connection cache with the Web DataWindow. Using EAS5, I have a connection cache that pings. According to documentation I should use the param "JDS", but the datawindow will not retrieve any data. My code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass","com.sybase.CORBA.ORB"); ORB orb = ORB.init((String[]) null, props); Manager manager = ManagerHelper.narrow(orb.string_to_object("iiop://ppcjstilliny2k:9000")); ...

Datawindow / EAServer Tutorial
Is there any Simple Tutorial for use of datawindow and Jaguar CTS / PowerDynamo? Something to begin with for Powerbuilder Pro but beginner in Distributed computin? Atul Choudhary achoudr@cvps.com If you're referring to the Web DataWindow.... "The Beginner's Guide to Creating and Deploying a Web DataWindow" http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47954 "Article List for Larry Cermak's Web DataWindow Series" http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708 In article <3974807E.4E823363@cvps.com>, achoudr@cvps.com ...

EaServer
Dear friends: I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next sentence: //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc lnv_conn = create connection lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar" lnv_conn.application= "componente" lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989" lnv_conn.CreateInstance() ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc, "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1 I need your help to run my application Thanks Did ...

Any site using EAServer out there ?
hi, I wonder is there any website is using EAServer ? JDuke I know there are more but off the top of my head, I know of these two: http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm http://www.sybaseopen.com Our Bank has successfully set up an international intranet app using EA Server. Ken "JDuke" <jduke@msgto.com> wrote in message news:38C388DF.DA19488@msgto.com... > hi, > > I wonder is there any website is using EAServer ? > > JDuke > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------EFC8044785029C477A34AE8B Conte...

using EAServer with tomcat
Hi: I am using Tomcat engine as the web container and delegate EJB requests to the EAServer.And I follow the instruction from http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1016589,00.html. Basically I deployed a session bean on the EAServer. I have a Java servlet to lookup that session bean and get the name of that bean. The core code is like try{ java.util.Properties p = new java.util.Properties(); p.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); p.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://elton:9000"); ...

Using jdb with EAServer
Is anyone able to use jdb with 4.1.3 and jdk 1.3? If I set the JDPA port to 8000 and then try to connect using "jdb -attach myserver:8000" I get: Error accessing shared memory, rc = -1 java.io.IOException: shmemBase_attach failed, error code = -1 at com.sun.tools.jdi.SharedMemoryTransport.attach0(Native Method) at com.sun.tools.jdi.SharedMemoryTransport.attach(SharedMemoryTransport. java:46) at com.sun.tools.jdi.SharedMemoryAttachingConnector.attach(SharedMemoryA ttachingConnector.java:46) at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.VMConnection....

Deploying datawindows in EAServer
Hi there, I have tried to use a DataWindow in PowerJ when the DataWindow exists in a file on the harddrive and it seems to work, but I'm more interested in deploying the datawindow on the easerver and accessing it directly from there. The question is now is it possible, and if this is possible how am I going to do it. In PowerJ I can browse for files located on the harddrive, but I can't find a way to connect to a DataWindow, which is deployed on the application server. Please tell if this is possible and if it is possible then tell me how or give me a link, whic...

using EAServer with JBuilder.
hi, I am trying to use jbuilder with Jaguar. I am having configuration problem. Is any one used this combination? need help on configuration. Raji If you write Corba components, I can help you. I don't have experience with EJB. "Raji" <Rajeswari.Chukka@unisys.com> wrote in message news:cTIOxmfGBHA.89@forums.sybase.com... > hi, > I am trying to use jbuilder with Jaguar. I am having configuration problem. > Is any one used this combination? need help on configuration. > > > Raji > > What type of configuration problem? ...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

Web resources about - Using datawindows from the EAServer - sybase.easerver.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo