Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache

Hi

I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following
parameters in jag manager

In Database connection properties tab:
Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows
ODBC setup)
User Name = bgb
password = bgb

In Driver properties tab:
---------------------------
DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
JDBC option is checked

In Cache properties tab:
---------------------------
Enable cache-by-name access is checked

I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in connection cache
properties.

But when I try to connect the database using the following syntax in my
component

    sqlca.dbms= ODBC
    sqlca.dbparm = UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='xyz'

the error "cm_get_cachebyname: cache 'xyz' does not exist." is generated in
the srv.log

when I changed the dbms parm as "JDB" then my database connection get failed
and I am getting the following SQLCA errors in

    SQLDBCODE: 999
    SQLERRTEXT: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error

What is the correct value for DBMS and DBParm parameters and correct syntax
for connecting
the database using JDBC drivers.

Pls help me to solve the above proble.

TIA

0
bgb

Looks like you set the connection cache to use JDBC, but in SQLCA, you are
saying it's ODBC.  Try saying DBMS='JDB'

"bgb" <bgb@ewaksoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following
> parameters in jag manager
>
> In Database connection properties tab:
> Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows
> ODBC setup)
> User Name = bgb
> password = bgb
>
> In Driver properties tab:
> ---------------------------
> DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
> JDBC option is checked
>
> In Cache properties tab:
> ---------------------------
> Enable cache-by-name access is checked
>
> I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in connection cache
> properties.
>
> But when I try to connect the database using the following syntax in my
> component
>
>     sqlca.dbms= ODBC
>     sqlca.dbparm = UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='xyz'
>
> the error "cm_get_cachebyname: cache 'xyz' does not exist." is generated
in
> the srv.log
>
> when I changed the dbms parm as "JDB" then my database connection get
failed
> and I am getting the following SQLCA errors in
>
>     SQLDBCODE: 999
>     SQLERRTEXT: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
>
> What is the correct value for DBMS and DBParm parameters and correct
syntax
> for connecting
> the database using JDBC drivers.
>
> Pls help me to solve the above proble.
>
> TIA

0
Daniel
9/5/2002 1:05:12 PM
Dave Wolf returns!  Welcome back!

<Dave_Wolf> wrote in message
> DO NOT USE THE JDBC-ODBC CACHE FOR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY WORK
>
> <ahem>
>
> If you are using PowerBuilder, why not just create a standard ODBC cache?
>
> Dave Wolf
> The Scupper Group
> dave@scuppergroup.com_nospam

0
Daniel
9/5/2002 1:16:51 PM
DO NOT USE THE JDBC-ODBC CACHE FOR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY WORK

<ahem>

If you are using PowerBuilder, why not just create a standard ODBC cache?

Dave Wolf
The Scupper Group
dave@scuppergroup.com_nospam
0
Dave_Wolf

Database connection profiles when using connection caches
My client has been creating traditional client / server applications. I've convinced him to move to multi tier with EAServer. It wasn't a hard sell, he was already considering it. In developing his client / server apps he has implemented a security system on the database based upon the user's database login info - this is complete with roles and such. It appears a lot of people have read-only access to certain tables, etc. He would like to maintain that. However, when connecting with a connection cache I am not using the user's id unless I have a connection cache fo...

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Connection to Oracle using JDBC Connection
Hi, I'm trying to test a connection to Oracle using Jdbc driver. Can anyone provide me an example of who to this in PB? I just need to know exactly what are the parameters I need to set for the transaction Object. Thanks, Jos=e9 // Profile OracleJDBC SQLCA.DBMS =3d "JDBC" SQLCA.LogPass =3d <******> SQLCA.LogId =3d "oracleuser" SQLCA.AutoCommit =3d False SQLCA.DBParm =3d "Driver=3d'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver',URL=3d'jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost:1521:orasid' ,DisableBind=3d1" > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

database connection failed with connection cache
I have a connection cache on jag 3.6.1 using com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.sybdrives. I am able to ping the connection in jag manager. My problem is in PowerJ 3.6.1. I setup a transaction object using the database wizard(very cool), change it to use a cache and even find the connection cache on the server. when I try to test the connection, I first select a profile jconnect5 and try the connection. I get this error: database connection failed jz006: cought a IoException java.net.connectionException connection refused, no further info. any ideas would be great! You can only...

Why does it not work when I use connection cache to access Oracle database with PowerJ and EA server 3.6?
Why does it not work when I use connection cache to access Oracle database with PowerJ and EA server 3.6? When I use a transaction and a query in a servlet,in the design time I can see the result accessed from database,but when the servlet works in a Jaguar CTS 3.6,its return a null resultset.The following is the codes: ////////////////////// if (!transaction_1.connect()) { out.println("conect failed!"); } query_1.setParameter(1, _yhbm.trim()); query_1.open(); que...

what options of connection string should i use to connect to oracle
hiI was trying to connect to my oracle server. I am getting the error using System; using System.Data.OracleClient; namespace DataAccess {         {            public DBconnect()             {                      OracleConnection oOracleConn = new OracleConnection();             &...

Slow connection to Oracle 10g connection cache
Hi, First: by slow I mean around 250 milliseconds, not whole seconds or minutes. PB 10.2.0 7516 EAServer 5.3 53016 Oracle Instant client I have an Oracle 10g database that I set up a connection cache for in EAServer. I am connecting to it from a PowerBuilder component with the following code: sqlca.DBMS = as_dbms If Len(as_cachename) > 0 Then sqlca.DBParm = "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='" + as_cachename + "'" If Len(as_dbparm) > 0 Then sqlca.DBParm += "," + as_dbparm End If End If CONNECT; I have the c...

I cannot ping a new Oracle 8 connection cache and sometimes even the connection caches of PB 7 examples.
I've got two computers running WNT Workstation. 1) In the first one, just after installing PB 7.0.2, I cannot ping the connection caches used by the PB 7 examples (for examples: SurfSideVideo 3.5). I've tried to create a new connection cache using Oracle 8 driver (using an Oracle alias as ServerName): Nothing! I can't ping. 2) On the another computer I can ping only the caches of the PB7 examples. But I still cannot create a proper connection cache directly to Oracle 8 (no ODBC). Please help me!!!!!!!! Thank you. Domenico Beato What types of erro...

Unable to connect to Oracle database.
I'm trying to connect to an Oracle 8.1.6 database using perl 5.6.0. My Oracle client is 8.0.5.My DBI/DBD version is 1.13. OS is SUNOS 5.6. Error message is given below: install_driver(Oracle) failed: can't load /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal : relocation error /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so Symbol Perl_no_modify referenced symbol not found at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/Dynaloader.pm @INC has the proper entries. Ca...

Force Connection creation using JNDI and connection cache
Hi all, I'm using JNDI and connection cache to create connections to ASE and IQ. The problem that I'm facing is that I want that when the max number of connections is reached, new connections get created if needed by other users. This can be done using the JCMCache classes using the JCM_FORCE option in the getconnection method. What I want to know is if that can also be done using JNDI DataSource. Thanks in advance, Hugo Pedro ...

Web resources about - Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache - sybase.easerver.general

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...