Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN

Hi:

I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse
which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be
done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN
which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE
database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a
successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000

In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration
parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection
in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC control panel ) I get the following
error -

"[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to
database server: Database server not running".

But when I open my ODBC connection in MS Access, I can query the
database????

Can anyone help me with this. I am very new to SYbase so I may be doing
something wrong which may be very basic.

Thanks for your help...

Raj

0
Raj

Try a database forum

Raj Parulekar wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse
> which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be
> done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN
> which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE
> database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a
> successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000
>
> In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration
> parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection
> in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC control panel ) I get the following
> error -
>
> "[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to
> database server: Database server not running".
>
> But when I open my ODBC connection in MS Access, I can query the
> database????
>
> Can anyone help me with this. I am very new to SYbase so I may be doing
> something wrong which may be very basic.
>
> Thanks for your help...
>
> Raj

0
adam
5/2/2001 12:27:34 PM
ASA isn't like MS Access. It is a DBMS. It does not act as a client to
other DBMSs like ASE.

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team Sybase]

On Tue, 1 May 2001 19:07:58 -0700, "Raj Parulekar"
<rparulekar@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse
>which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be
>done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN
>which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE
>database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a
>successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000
>
>In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration
>parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection
>in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC control panel ) I get the following
>error -
>
>"[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to
>database server: Database server not running".
>
>But when I open my ODBC connection in MS Access, I can query the
>database????
>
>Can anyone help me with this. I am very new to SYbase so I may be doing
>something wrong which may be very basic.
>
>Thanks for your help...
>
>Raj

0
dave

Problem using ASA 7.0 connecting to ASE 11.9.2 via ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

ASA 7.0.2/ 1462 replicating vias RS 12.5 to ASA 7.0.2 / 1462
Greetings group, I need your help. Working on setting up Subscription based replication in the following manner: ASA 7.0.2 / 1462 (aka PDB) | | Repserver 12.5 ...

SQLRemote Problem with 7.0.2-1 and 6.0.2-1 on Linux [ASE 11.9.2-3 and ASE 12.5 eval]
Hi all I got the following problems using sql-remote. on ASE 12.5 eval: I got the following RPMs installed on RedHat Linux 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.17 - glibc-2.2.4 sybase-ase-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-common-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-openclient-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-sqlremote-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm After the execution of ssxtract or ssremote I got an error like: ../ssxtract: /opt/sybase-12.5/SQLRemote/lib/libsstasks7_r.so: version `libdbtasks7_r.so' not found (required by ./ssxtract) The file libsstasks7_r.so exists and the path is correctly specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. There'...

PB 7.0.2.8011 Problem to connect to ASE 11.9.2
Having PB 7.0.2.8011 installed in a Windows 2000 environment I cannot connect to a remote ASE 11.9.2 (on windows NT 4 SP6). PowerBuilder just drops me out!!! Please Help! Thanks! ...

Problems in reverse engineering an ASA 6.0.2 database to build and ASE 11.9.2 schema
I am in the process of migrating our database backend from ASA 6.0.2 to ASE 11.9.2. I have PD AppModeler 6.1.4.790 32-bit which I have used to reverse-engineer the current ASA database tables and stored procedures. I then changed my 'target' database to ASE 11.5-11.9 and generated the table schemas and stored procedure creation scripts for loading into ASE. Although the create table scripts had some minor issues (i.e. generating 'on default' instead of on 'default') the stored procedures scripts failed miserably. Functions available in ASA are no longer support...

Error connecting ASE 11.9.2 databases through PB 7.0 and IM 7.0
Hi, I receive this error message every time I try to list tables of ASE database through PB 7.0 and IM 7.0. "Store Procedure sp_pb70table not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output)" I could not find that store procedure in the existing store procedure in the Adaptive server Sybsystemprocs database too. According to your instalation manual book, I can re-create them by running the pbsys.sql scripts, which I supposed to find it in the \sybtools directory. But I don't have that directory ...

Migration from ASA 7.0.4 to ASA 9.0.2
Hello, We run a good sized 8gb, highly transactional ASA 7x db currently. Our application vendor has said that we can upgrade to version 9.x now, but they have not provided any details on how or if they have tested the application on version 9. Currently all of their large customers are still on ASA 7 (someone is going to have be the first). I have a copy of 9 and we have tested without, but we are unable to create the load that we need to guarantee that it will handle our production environment. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve Johnson Steve, ...

Migration asa 7.0.4 a asa 9.0.2
I'm making a sybase migration 7.0.4 to sybase 9.0.2, I already made the migration of the database but when trying to connect, with you line them next, it leaves the error -75, and says that I don't have permits. I'm using codewarrior 8 int ConectarDB (void) /*********************/ { db_init (&sqlca); ULEnablePalmRecordDB( &sqlca ); EXEC SQL CONNECT "dba" IDENTIFIED BY "sql"; return (SQLCODE); } I'm making something bad. "Luis Ponce Ibarra - Hotmail" <luisponceibarra@hotmail.com> wrote in ...

Problem with creation of Proxy tables from ASE 11.9.2 to ASA 7
Hello, while creating proxy tables to link ASE 11.9.2.3 SWR9098 to ASA 7.0.1 (918) both running on Sun Solaris, there is a problem where it takes approximately 20 minutes to create the table. When running against ASA 6.0.3, this table creation took a matter of seconds. Is there some issue with regards to the creation of proxy tables with CIS to ASA 7? When I look at the CPU utilisation, ASA is hitting close to 100% CPU while it sits there for the 20 mins. The server is added with 'exec sp_addserver ...' The login is added with 'exec sp_addexternlogin..." An...

Different syntax in ASE 11.9.2 and ASA 7.0.4
Hey, guru ! Pls, help me. I don't found information in ASA documentation, i wanna know why next query working in ASE 11.9.2 SELECT Count( distinct P.POLIS_COD ) , Count( distinct LOSS.LOSS_ID) FROM LOSS, POLIS P where P.POLIS_COD = LOSS.POLIS_COD and in ASA 7.0.4 not working ERROR code: -156 "Invalid expression near 'Count(distinct LOSS.LOSS_ID)'" Anatol Using an asademo example in 8.x I tried this: select count(distinct employee.emp_id), count(distinct department.dept_id) from employee, department where employee.dept_...

PB 8 connect ASA 7.0 via ODBC and JDBC #2
When PowerBuilder connect ASA 7.0 via ODBC, I exec system store procedure exec sa_conn_info under powerbuilder isql session , it work fine! When I connect ASA 7.0 via JDBC(Jconnect 5.2), I exec the same store procedure, it return error like this "Select error:Internal Error: No ResultSet: The Command did not produce any ResultSet" ps :PB 8.0.2 version 9506 os:win2000 jdbc:jconnect 5.2 Does it PB ...

SQL Remote ASA 7.0.01->ASE 11.9.2 Identity Error
Hi ! How i can replicate data into identity column ???? Shura You cannot. You must use a different datatype on the consolidated. You might consider reading the following section in the Help file: Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 3. SQL Remote CHAPTER 16 . SQL Remote Design for Adaptive Server Enterprise Ensuring unique primary keys -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/ "Alexandr" <shurok@mail...

Problems connecting ASA 9.0.0 on SuSE 9.0
Hi, I found several threads about this, but it's still not running :-( What's working: - all IP-connections are OK with IP-address and host-name - the db-server is starting: I. 03/28 00:36:31. Database server started at Sun Mar 28 2004 00:36 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start SharedMemory link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. SharedMemory link started successfully I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start TCPIP link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting TCP listener on IP address 0.0.0.0:2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting on port 2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Looking for serve...

Web resources about - Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN - sybase.easerver.general

The problem with celebrity charities
THE world erupted in praise this week for one of the most generous acts in history.

Late Night Open Thread: Problem Solved
... female” from the pin-ups and tattoos favored by the human scum villains at the Mos Eisley cantina… The post Late Night Open Thread: Problem ...

"Old-timers, guys that are 60-plus, have no problem with a gang shower and whatever."
"The Gen X-ers are a little bit more sensitive to what they’re spending and what they’re expecting. And the millennials, these are the special ...

E. coli isn’t Chipotle’s only problem
Chipotle's meteoric sales growth moderated even before its E. coli problems surfaced.

How to fix Windows 10 printing problems
... 3.1 and Windows for Workgroups, printer drivers could be particularly vexing. Since then and until the release of Windows 10, printer problems ...

Michigan GOPer Blames School Problems On Black Children
Michigan state Senator Marty Knollenberg decided he'd be a wise guy and blame failing school districts on African-American kids during a debate. ...

Tallahassee Police Finally Admit Problems With Investigation Of Jameis Winston Rape Case
One of the most sinister things that came to light in the Jameis Winston case was how Florida State and local police protected athletes accused ...

The Fuel Cell Vehicle Rollout Has Begun But Infrastructure Remains A Problem
In late October of this year, Toyota finally began U.S. customer deliveries of its long-awaited Mirai fuel cell electric vehicle and by the end ...

Good news for anyone with a serious digital music problem: Apple has raised the upper limit on iTune
Good news for anyone with a serious digital music problem: Apple has raised the upper limit on iTunes Match to 100,000 songs, up from 25,000. ...