jaguar 3.6.1 or 4 include web plugin for netscape web servers ? (or any web servers)

Hiya,
our system consists of multiple load balanced netscape web servers (jsp
/ java code) talking to a jaguar backend.

I'd like the jsp's to be a "proper" j2ee web module, for integrated
security etc.

Does jag 3.6.1 ( or 4.0 ) include any web server plugins to allow this
to occur ?

thanks in advance.

--
Hugh Madden
Senior Consultant

NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive
Technology at webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the
intended recipient of this communication you should not copy, disclose
or distribute this communication without the authority of Adaptive
Technology.  Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Adaptive Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not
represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of
errors, virus, interception or interference.

0
Hugh

This is the info I have for 4.0.. dont know how up to date it is
A.

Web Server Support
      Web Server plug-ins run on Apache, Netscape/iPlanet and Microsoft IIS
web servers. The plug-in passes JSP requests through to EAServer,
      eliminating the need for a separate JSP engine on a web server running
on a different machine from the application server. Also provides
      software-based load balancing for HTTP requests.

Hugh Madden wrote:

> Hiya,
> our system consists of multiple load balanced netscape web servers (jsp
> / java code) talking to a jaguar backend.
>
> I'd like the jsp's to be a "proper" j2ee web module, for integrated
> security etc.
>
> Does jag 3.6.1 ( or 4.0 ) include any web server plugins to allow this
> to occur ?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Hugh Madden
> Senior Consultant
> Adaptive Technology Pty Ltd
> hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au
> Phone: +61 2 9954 6822
> Direct: +61 2 49545708
> Fax: +61 2 9460 1500
> Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991
> www.adaptivetech.com.au
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
> confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
> communication please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive
> Technology at webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the
> intended recipient of this communication you should not copy, disclose
> or distribute this communication without the authority of Adaptive
> Technology.  Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the
> individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
> be the views of Adaptive Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not
> represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this
> communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of
> errors, virus, interception or interference.

--
__________________________

Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]
System Architect
ITS FLEXSIS PROJECT
The University of Sydney
Phone:  +61 2 9351 5174
Mobile: +61 403 341 474
Fax:    +61 2 9351 7711

0
Adam
8/9/2001 5:34:02 AM
Yes, there is a plugin for Netscape to EAServer 3.61 and when 4.0 is
released there will be a plugin for it as well.

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

On Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:08:09 +1000, Hugh Madden
<hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au> wrote:

>Hiya,
>our system consists of multiple load balanced netscape web servers (jsp
>/ java code) talking to a jaguar backend.
>
>I'd like the jsp's to be a "proper" j2ee web module, for integrated
>security etc.
>
>Does jag 3.6.1 ( or 4.0 ) include any web server plugins to allow this
>to occur ?
>
>thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Hugh Madden
>Senior Consultant
>Adaptive Technology Pty Ltd
>hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au
>Phone: +61 2 9954 6822
>Direct: +61 2 49545708
>Fax: +61 2 9460 1500
>Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991
>www.adaptivetech.com.au
>
>NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
>confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
>communication please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive
>Technology at webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the
>intended recipient of this communication you should not copy, disclose
>or distribute this communication without the authority of Adaptive
>Technology.  Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the
>individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
>be the views of Adaptive Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not
>represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this
>communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of
>errors, virus, interception or interference.

0
dfish
8/9/2001 9:05:19 AM
Excellent, thanks !!

any idea where I can find information on the 3.6.1 web plugin ?

is this part of C1 or C2 ?

(I could not find a reference for it in the standard 3.6.1 administrator's
documentation).

Thanks + Regards.

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> [...]

www.adaptivetech.com.au

NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication
please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended recipient
of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
communication without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views
expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive
Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

8/9/2001 11:35:53 PM
Excellent, thanks !!

any idea where I can find information on the 3.6.1 netscape web plugin ?

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> [...]

www.adaptivetech.com.au

NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication
please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended recipient
of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
communication without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views
expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive
Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

8/9/2001 11:36:08 PM
Hugh:

The 3.6.1 web server plug-in was available for a few months, while we
prepared for the 4.0 release.  However, since 4.0 is now less than 30 days
away, we pulled it back.  That's not because we didn't like it, but it was
released unsupported (you couldn't call tech support and get any assistance
on it).

The official release (with all the support) will be in 4.0, due in
September.

Jonathan Baker
eBusiness Division
Sybase, Inc.

"Hugh Madden" <hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au> wrote in message
> [...]
> Phone: +61 2 9954 6822
> Direct: +61 2 49545708
> Fax: +61 2 9460 1500
> Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991
> www.adaptivetech.com.au
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
> confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication
> please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
> webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended
recipient
> of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
> communication without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views
> expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender, except
> where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive
> Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not represent, warrant and/or

Jonathan
8/9/2001 11:49:06 PM
Oops! Did you see Jonathan's reply to your message. I was not aware
that it had been pulled back. Sorry. I should have mentioned that it
was released as "interesting technology" and that it was unsupported.
Hopefully you can hold out for the EAServer 4 release.

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:36:08 +1000, Hugh Madden
> [...]

>www.adaptivetech.com.au
>
>NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
>confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication
>please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
>webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended recipient
>of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
>communication without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views
>expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender, except
>where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive
>Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee
>that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
>communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

8/10/2001 12:12:44 AM
No problems, thanks all the same.

I think we'll go to 3.6.2c2 first, roll this out to production, and then see how
jag 4 is going.

Regards.

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> [...]

Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991
www.adaptivetech.com.au

NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please
delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended recipient of
this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication
without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views expressed in this
Communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive Technology.  Adaptive
Technology does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors,

8/10/2001 4:01:51 AM
Will EAS4 include IIS ISAPI plugin as well?
I think it won't be in the first release, because it wasn't part of beta2.

Thanks,
TineQ

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Oops! Did you see Jonathan's reply to your message. I was not aware
> that it had been pulled back. Sorry. I should have mentioned that it
> was released as "interesting technology" and that it was unsupported.
> Hopefully you can hold out for the EAServer 4 release.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish [TeamSybase]
>
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:36:08 +1000, Hugh Madden
> <hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Excellent, thanks !!
> >
> >any idea where I can find information on the 3.6.1 netscape web plugin ?
> >
> >is this part of C1 or C2 ?
> >
> >(I could not find a reference for it in the standard 3.6.1
administrator's
> >documentation).
> >
> >Thanks + Regards.
> >

> >"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, there is a plugin for Netscape to EAServer 3.61 and when 4.0 is
> >> released there will be a plugin for it as well.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

> >--
> >Hugh Madden
> >Senior Consultant
> >Adaptive Technology Pty Ltd
> >hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au
> >Phone: +61 2 9954 6822
> >Direct: +61 2 49545708
> >Fax: +61 2 9460 1500
> >Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991
> >www.adaptivetech.com.au
> >
> >NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
> >confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication
> >please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
> >webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended
recipient
> >of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
> >communication without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views
> >expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender,
except
> >where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive
> >Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee
> >that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
> >communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

0
Tine
8/14/2001 2:50:40 PM
Tine:

At this point, the IIS plug-in has been pulled from the 4.0 release.
Engineering ran in to problems with the IIS server, and we don't want to
release it when it is not fully operational.

Currently, we are hoping to have it ready just shortly after the GA date in
September.  As soon as it is finished, we will post the news here.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Baker
eBusiness Division

"Tine Kurent" <tine.kurent@mobitel.si> wrote in message
> Will EAS4 include IIS ISAPI plugin as well?
> I think it won't be in the first release, because it wasn't part of beta2.
>
> Thanks,
> TineQ
>
> "Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > Oops! Did you see Jonathan's reply to your message. I was not aware
> > that it had been pulled back. Sorry. I should have mentioned that it
> > was released as "interesting technology" and that it was unsupported.
> > Hopefully you can hold out for the EAServer 4 release.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave Fish [TeamSybase]
> >
> > On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:36:08 +1000, Hugh Madden
> > <hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > >Excellent, thanks !!
> > >
> > >any idea where I can find information on the 3.6.1 netscape web plugin
?

> > >is this part of C1 or C2 ?
> > >
> > >(I could not find a reference for it in the standard 3.6.1
> administrator's
> > >documentation).
> > >
> > >Thanks + Regards.

> (jsp

Adaptive
> the
> the
> of
> > >> >

> > >--
> > >Hugh Madden
> > >Senior Consultant
> > >Adaptive Technology Pty Ltd
> > >hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au
> > >Phone: +61 2 9954 6822
> > >Direct: +61 2 49545708
> > >Fax: +61 2 9460 1500
> > >Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991
> > >www.adaptivetech.com.au
> > >
> > >NOTICE: The information contained in this email communication may be
> > >confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
> communication
> > >please delete and destroy all copies and email Adaptive Technology at
> > >webmaster@adaptivetech.com.au immediately.  If you are the intended
> recipient
> > >of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
> > >communication without the authority of Adaptive Technology.  Any views
> > >expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender,
> except
> > >where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Adaptive
> > >Technology.  Adaptive Technology does not represent, warrant and/or
> guarantee
> > >that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that
the
> > >communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

0
Jonathan

EAServer 4.1.1 Apache Web Server Plugin
Hi, Does EAServer Version 4.1.1 have Apache Web Server plugin for HP-UX ? Thanks. Jeff, KDInfo ...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

web web web

Jaguar Web Server vs Microsoft IIS Web Server
Hi I am running both the Jaguar Web Server and Microsoft IIS on the same machine. Jaguar Server is also on the same machine. I have deployed the same applet to the root of both IIS and Jaguar Http Web Server. When I try to access the applet from a client (on a different machine) I can load the applet if I access if from the Jaguar Http Web Server. I cannot load the applet if I access from the Microsoft IIS web server. I have included the http logs from both Jaguar Http Web Server and IIS. Microsoft IIS is supposed to be a more robust web server so I hope to deliver my ap...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

EAS 3.6.1 Web Server Plugins?
Hello- I am developing an application and I am debating the merits of putting JSP's on a web server (iPlanet) and just using EAS for business components. Where can I get the plugins to experiment with this? Also, if I have a servlet that is running in Jaguar setting session variables, will those session variables be picked up by the iPlanet machine when he gets back to a JSP on that machine? Client----->LogonServlet(Jag) LoggedOnPage<---------(Servlet Request Dispatcher dispatches user to different JSP) Thanks, Cedrick -- Cedrick W. Johnson Consultant NorilTe...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Create our own Web Server- free web server
It sounds a bit crazy but I do really hope to do so. Currently the hosting cost for running ASP.NET is expensive comparing to LAMP solution. Now we have free DB, free developer tools, except 'A'- in order to run a productional web server the only choice in Windows is IIS 6.0, which means another couple thousands dollars. If we can create a web server independent of OS, we can run a web server as cheap as $0, provided that we got windows 2000 pro/xp home. The Web Server edition of Windows Server is very cheap actualy. More expensive than a Win XP Home, of course...but defina...

How to pull data from a remote server to the web server. Initiated by the web server session.
Hello.I am brand new to asp.net. Just starting to do web development. However I do have extensive software experience developingapplications on local networks, mobile devices, vb.net, vb.net remoting,etc. Here is the senario:    Bob delivers bottled water to several hundred accounts.    Bob keeps all information regarding his accounts in an    SQL server located at site A.  Bob has an ASP.net application    hosted on a web server at site B.  Bob wants to allow his     accounts to log in to the web serve...

Are Cassini Web Server and Web Matrix Server the same product?
Are Cassini Web Server and Web Matrix Server the same product? Or they are diferent? They're the same.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hello markberr, sorry that I answer so late. I used winxp pro to download the source code. I tried this link http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Unfortunately with winxp pro I got an error message with the following content (similar): Cassini.exe from www.asp.net can't be transfered. The Internet-Website couldn't be opened... Well I tried to down...

Move files from a web server to another web server
I am migriting my site from asp.3.0 to asp.net and I am used to simply copy files from my dev server to production server when my files are ready to go public. With asp.net I can't do that. What do I need to do before and after I copy my files to the production server to make it work. You can do a simple copy with .NET as well. You can copy all the files and directory structs but you only need the .ASPX, .ASCX, the DLL in the bin directory along with your other 'support' files. Also note that there is a 'copy project' option in VS.NET which will do the above.Mike Schellenberger - MCAD...

Deploying Web site on the Web Server from ASP.NET 1.1
Hi All, I have developed an ASP.NET 1.1 application which I want to deploy on the web server.I want to know how to go about this.All the information I found on this site is for ASP.NET 2.0 but I want to know how to do it with ASP.NET 1.1.I am using SQL Server 2005 I will really appreciate is any one of you can help me.   Thanks, chicks Hi,There is 3 ways to deploy your web app. You could either use the DOS-oriented XCOPY method, or make it as Wininstaller package or lastly using the copy-project (In VS.NET, Project Menu > Copy Project). Each different method suits for certain ...

Jaguar web server and database web site
Hi all, I would like to use Jaguar as a web server. How to "tell him" to pick up the html pages in a sql anywhere database where i store my site ? I've seen that you can tell him to start with a html (file) page in the "server properties" "document Root", but how to make him point to a database hosted page ? Thanks for responses . You need to configure EAServer to use PowerDynamo to pull out the PowerDynamo web site from the DB. Read Chapter 3, "Configuring a Server" in the admin guide, specifically the section on PowerDynamo. ...

Web resources about - jaguar 3.6.1 or 4 include web plugin for netscape web servers ? (or any web servers) - sybase.easerver.general

Netscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Communications (formerly known as Netscape Communications Corporation and commonly known as Netscape ) is a US computer services company, ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

The Netscape Blog
After the recent announcement about the future of My.Netscape, there have been a number of questions posed to our feedback channels. We thought ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Tiger Woods Wins Memorial Miss USA 2012 Richard Dawson Dies Youngest M.D. Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: Clinton: Romney ...

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Jim Parsons Outed Phillip Phillips Kidney Surgery Hurricane Bud John Edwards Trial Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: FACT ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL offers today's news, sports, stock quotes, weather, movie reviews, TV trends and more. Get free email, AIM access, online radio, videos and ...

Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA - Flickr ...
Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA. Andreessen is a well renowned Silicon Valley ...

Kristy Hinze marries Netscape founder
Kristy Hinze, the swimsuit model-turned-billionairess, became the fourth Mrs Jim Clark on Monday. - Brisbane Times

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part Of) Netscape
Here’s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least, most of the important parts ...