Is there a general batch scheduling engine available for EAServer?

I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a
scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this
facility?

Brett.
0
brett

You can easily write this yourself. In the start function you can look at the
current time and then calculate the sleeptime.

In the run function you can sleep for let's say a day and your component will
run once a day at the same hour.

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:00:36 -0400,
 in sybase.public.easerver.general
 <brett.priddey@wcc.govt.nz> wrote:
>I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a
>scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this
>facility?
>
>Brett.

Berndt
http://www.bhitcon.net
0
Berndt
7/9/2002 6:12:59 AM
For a commercial option: http://simscomputing.com/products/flux/

/jonas, not a Sims Computing employee

"Berndt Hamboeck" <bhamboec@gmx.at> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,
>
> You can easily write this yourself. In the start function you can look at
the
> current time and then calculate the sleeptime.
>
> In the run function you can sleep for let's say a day and your component
will
> run once a day at the same hour.
>
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:00:36 -0400,
>  in sybase.public.easerver.general
>  <brett.priddey@wcc.govt.nz> wrote:
> >I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a
> >scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this
> >facility?
> >
> >Brett.
>
> Berndt
> http://www.bhitcon.net

0
Jonas
7/9/2002 6:15:58 AM
Also look at using the threadmanager.

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
PowerObjects
"Berndt Hamboeck" <bhamboec@gmx.at> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> You can easily write this yourself. In the start function you can look at
the
> current time and then calculate the sleeptime.
>
> In the run function you can sleep for let's say a day and your component
will
> run once a day at the same hour.
>
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:00:36 -0400,
>  in sybase.public.easerver.general
>  <brett.priddey@wcc.govt.nz> wrote:
> >I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a
> >scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this
> >facility?
> >
> >Brett.
>
> Berndt
> http://www.bhitcon.net