How to get Sysam service to start before Jaguar service

Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the jaguar
service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not developer
mode?

Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if so,
can you give me a hint!)

Thanks,
David

0
David

I put the following line in my user_setenv.bat file:

REM ** -- Start the CIM Repository --
call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat"

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Baker
eBusiness Division

"David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the jaguar
> service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not
developer
> mode?
>
> Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if so,
> can you give me a hint!)
>
> Thanks,
> David

0
Jonathan
5/3/2002 5:56:38 PM
Jonathan gave you the suggestion. As for the Service Dependancies, I was
unable to get them to work as I expected. So, if anyone comes up with the
answer, I'd be interested in hearing it too.

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
VP - Power3

"David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the jaguar
> service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not
developer
> mode?
>
> Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if so,
> can you give me a hint!)
>
> Thanks,
> David

0
Bill
5/3/2002 6:26:23 PM
David:

Hm.  The only way I can think of to start them as services is to create
separate services for them.  Unfortunately, user_config doesn't get called
by a service.  (Talk to MS... you think they would create a better system
for "enterprise" servers.)

Jonathan

--

> I still having a little difficulty.
>
> When I double click the
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat
> and
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\stoprepository.bat
> I can start and stop the database.
>
> I found that I also need to call C:\Program
> Files\Sybase\SYSAM-1_0\bin\sysam.bat in order for the AdvancedEdition
> license to be picked up.
>
> One issue:
>
> 1. Does the user_setenv.bat get picked up by the win2k service?  The
> database doesn't start when I add the calls to the user_setenv.bat file.
> When I start Jaguar in application mode, both the sysam and dbserv7
services
> start ok with no problem.  Did you have to do anything to get it to work
as
> a service?
>
> Thanks!
> David
>

> "Jonathan Baker [Sybase]" <bakerj@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > I put the following line in my user_setenv.bat file:
> >
> > REM ** -- Start the CIM Repository --
> > call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat"
> >

> > Jonathan
> >

> > --
> > Jonathan Baker
> > eBusiness Division
> > Sybase, Inc.
> >

> > "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> > > Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the
> jaguar
> > > service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not
> > developer
> > > mode?
> > >
> > > Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if
> so,
> > > can you give me a hint!)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > David

0
Jonathan
5/3/2002 8:05:24 PM
I still having a little difficulty.

When I double click the
C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat
and
C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\stoprepository.bat
I can start and stop the database.

I found that I also need to call C:\Program
Files\Sybase\SYSAM-1_0\bin\sysam.bat in order for the AdvancedEdition
license to be picked up.

One issue:

1. Does the user_setenv.bat get picked up by the win2k service?  The
database doesn't start when I add the calls to the user_setenv.bat file.
When I start Jaguar in application mode, both the sysam and dbserv7 services
start ok with no problem.  Did you have to do anything to get it to work as
a service?

Thanks!
David

"Jonathan Baker [Sybase]" <bakerj@sybase.com> wrote in message
> I put the following line in my user_setenv.bat file:
>
> REM ** -- Start the CIM Repository --
> call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat"
>

> Jonathan
>

> --
> Jonathan Baker
> eBusiness Division
> Sybase, Inc.
>

> "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> > Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the
jaguar
> > service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not
> developer
> > mode?
> >
> > Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if
so,
> > can you give me a hint!)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David

0
David
5/3/2002 8:06:20 PM
The install does create them as separate services.  :)  The problem is that
sometimes the Jaguar service starts first, and so doesn't find the license
key.

I'll look into figuring out the service dependencies in WIN2k

> David:
>
> Hm.  The only way I can think of to start them as services is to create
> separate services for them.  Unfortunately, user_config doesn't get called
> by a service.  (Talk to MS... you think they would create a better system
> for "enterprise" servers.)
>

> Jonathan
>

> --
> Jonathan Baker
> eBusiness Division
> Sybase, Inc.
>

> "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> > I still having a little difficulty.
> >
> > When I double click the
> > C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat
> > and
> > C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\stoprepository.bat
> > I can start and stop the database.
> >
> > I found that I also need to call C:\Program
> > Files\Sybase\SYSAM-1_0\bin\sysam.bat in order for the AdvancedEdition
> > license to be picked up.
> >
> > One issue:
> >
> > 1. Does the user_setenv.bat get picked up by the win2k service?  The
> > database doesn't start when I add the calls to the user_setenv.bat file.
> > When I start Jaguar in application mode, both the sysam and dbserv7
> services
> > start ok with no problem.  Did you have to do anything to get it to work
> as
> > a service?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > David
> >

> > "Jonathan Baker [Sybase]" <bakerj@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > > I put the following line in my user_setenv.bat file:
> > >
> > > REM ** -- Start the CIM Repository --
> > > call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat"
> > >

> > > Jonathan
> > >

> > > --
> > > Jonathan Baker
> > > eBusiness Division
> > > Sybase, Inc.
> > >

> > > "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> > jaguar
> > > developer

(if
> > so,

0
David
5/3/2002 9:10:11 PM
Here is how you get service dependencies to work:

1. Add the value "DependOnService" to
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Jaguar"
The type of value you are adding is MULTI_SZ.  You can only add this type of
value using regedt32.exe(can't use regedit.exe).  You enter one service per
line.  The service you want to add is "sysam".

2. restart the computer.

I'm not sure yet if sysam is the only service you need running.....

David

"Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan gave you the suggestion. As for the Service Dependancies, I was
> unable to get them to work as I expected. So, if anyone comes up with the
> answer, I'd be interested in hearing it too.
>
> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> VP - Power3
> http://www.power3.com
>

> "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> > Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the
jaguar
> > service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not
> developer
> > mode?
> >
> > Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if
so,
> > can you give me a hint!)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David

0
David
5/6/2002 3:59:38 PM
Thanks David. I'll check this out.

Wonder why this doesn't work when going through the Service control dialog
in Win2k Adv. Server? It has the dependancy settings right there, but they
do not seem to work as expected.

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
VP - Power3

> Here is how you get service dependencies to work:
>
> 1. Add the value "DependOnService" to
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Jaguar"
> The type of value you are adding is MULTI_SZ.  You can only add this type
of
> value using regedt32.exe(can't use regedit.exe).  You enter one service
per
> line.  The service you want to add is "sysam".
>
> 2. restart the computer.
>
> I'm not sure yet if sysam is the only service you need running.....
>
> David
>

> "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> > Jonathan gave you the suggestion. As for the Service Dependancies, I was
> > unable to get them to work as I expected. So, if anyone comes up with
the
> > answer, I'd be interested in hearing it too.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> > VP - Power3
> > http://www.power3.com
> >

> > "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill.com> wrote in message
> > > Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the
> jaguar
> > > service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not
> > developer
> > > mode?
> > >
> > > Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k?  (if
> so,
> > > can you give me a hint!)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > David

0
Bill

Starting SysAM service befor sqlserver service
Hi, We are using unified logins. The issue we have is that for this to be working when we reboot the sysam service needs to be started before the sqlserver service. Using winnt/system32/services.exe I am unable to do this and when I checked the registery entries it is because there is no dependsonservice registry entry for the sqlservice. I have tried to add it but the machine crashed and is in an endless loop of shutting down and restarting. Any ideas ? Thanks in Advance, Edwar ...

Windows Service
I have two services - A and B I have to start Service B, on OnStart method of Service A. How to do this? Thanks    Well your service A would have a overriden method called on_start. Here you will need to use the servicecontroller and iterate through all services on the local machine to identify Service B. This can be a unique service name. Once you have found Service B you can start it.You however need to understand about permissions, depending on what context Service A is running under, it may or may not have enough permissions to start another service. ...

Jaguar Message Service in a service component
I'm trying to get a CtsComponents.MessageQueue from an instance of CtsComponents.MessageService from within a Service Component. I get an exception org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: Jaguar.getPassword failed!. This results from an attempt by the MessageServiceImpl.getPassword() method to call getPassword on com.sybase.jaguar.server.Jaguar class (error message: SRVLIB Message 16253/10/0: srv_thread_props(): property SRV_T_PWD not valid for service thread). It looks to me like the Jaguar Message Service cannot be used from a service component because Jaguar.getPassword() returns an excepti...

Starting a service after all other services with init script
Hello, I'm creating an OpenSuse based embedded system that mostly consists of a Qt/Embedded application � since it should function as an appliance, I want to have it boot, then immediately start that application without user intervention. The only way I'm aware of of doing this with OpenSuse is to create a custom init script. I have done so, using /etc/init.d/skelton as a basis. It pretty much just consist of an INIT INFO section, followed by an invokation of another bash script only when the init script is called with the "start" argument. The Qt/E program...

Jaguar Service does not Start
Hi, i can not start de Jaguar service in Windows NT 4.0 With the service Pack 4. the Sybase EAStudio version is 7.02, when i start de service it produces the following message and stop the process. Error: "the instruccion in 0x77f774cb" in memory in "0x00200067" can not "read" memory" Alex, Is there anything in the log? Do you have the classpath, path, jaguar, and bootclasspath (with jdk12) set? Scott <Alex_Brown> wrote in message news:CE8E1929843B4EC1004CF4F785256A69.004CF51285256A69@webforums... > Hi, > i can no...

starting EAServer as service
Hi! I have an EAS 4.1.1 that is started as service on Windows 2000 and a long classpath... When I installed the service the classpath was shorted.. Is there any workaround by having the hole classpath in the registry without moving the jar files around to have a shorter one? /Remus I've tryed to put by hand in the registry the BOOTCLASSPATH and CLASSPATH because jagsrv cut them at 1024 bytes... But I get now this error.. I guess jagsrv is not able to read the information from registry anymore... Oct 19 16:43:40 2005: Java JIT Compiler enabled Oct 19 16:43:40 2005: Ja...

IW10 Cannot start service after changing standalone to service.
I had a standalone IW 10 server working fine for quite some times. However some new customer need to run it as service. I read the [Changing IntraWeb application type|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Changing_IntraWeb_application_type] and modify my project file to : {code} uses IWInitService, Forms, IWMain, UTF8ContentParser, ServiceCheck, .... MyUnits... {$R *.res} begin If not ChkService('EbsAppWebSrv') and (paramstr(1) <> '/install') then // Check Service installed InstallSrv // Install the service else if paramstr(...

Starting SQL Anywhere Services
SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 #2764 Win2k advanced Server Hi, I'm having some problems starting the SQL Network Server as a service through Terminal Services running in remote administration mode. Ok, the database Engine [dbsrv50] is not running on the server at this point. I have checked the command line on the local Server and the service and I have started the Service under the local system account interactively. When I log on through the Terminal Service Client under the administrator account the database engine is not available.However I do know that the SQL Network Service is ru...

Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure
Hi all, I am trying to start sql server reporting services using configuration->Reporting Services Configuration but i am getting that error "Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure"  Here 'TECNICSTFS' is our computer name. Any help  Regards  Brijesh Singh   Hi, The Report Server Service requires an account to run. You can set this account through the MMC Service throung the control panel or by using the RS Configuration...

How do i get start with web services ?
Hi all, I did not touched web services before i have to use web services in my web application can any body guide me what are web services and what are the advantages of web services and how many ways are there for creating web service. Any help or guidance is highly apperciated.   best regards Rameezwaheedlife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Hi Rameezwaheed , Plz check the link for the simplest web service creation in asp.net, http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/dotnetwebservices/DotNetWebServices.asp     Plz mark as answer if you got your sol...

Getting Error : While hosting WCF service over Window Service
 Hi,I created one window service project in visual studio 2005 and added following filesafter adding dll of system.ServiceModel and system.ServiceProcessnamespace CheckingWcFApplication{    [ServiceContract]    public interface IService    {        [OperationContract]        void ModifyServiceData();    }}namespace CheckingWcFApplication{    public class Service : IService    {        public voi...

Jaguar
Jaguar 3.6, build 36017 PB 7.02, build 8046 JDK 1.1.8 WinNT 4.0, SP 6, 256 MB RAM Our production Jaguar server runs as an NT service, and development is done against non-service servers (I'm sure most shops are set up similarly). Using NT task manager / perfmon, we've started to notice differences between the two methods of running the server. As a service, the total number of page faults tends to be grossly excessive (upwards of 1.5 million over the course of a week), and memory usage tends to grow faster than non-service servers. Granted, this will differ depending on...

Event viewer: AVG6 Service service hung on starting.
I'm using NT4 Sp6a with ZAF 3.1.291, and AVG free doesn't start properly. The email scans appear to work, and the manual and scheduled file scans also work fine, but the resident component is not running. The AVG control panel also has the resident page greyed out. I've tried booting without starting up ZAF, but that didn't help. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks. Max "Max" <megamax@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3D836788.78D19A9F@rogers.com... | AVG free doesn't start properly. | The email scans appear to work, and the manual and...

error starting Jaguar Service
Hi all, when I start the Jaguar Service from NT services, I get the next error message : "The procedure entry point JagIIOPStream_asParent could not be located in the dynamic link library libjcc.dll" I used serverstart Jaguar -install I've been getting some problems since I installed EAS 3.5 in my NT server, I posted the problems on friday in this newsgroup, the installation couldn't update path and classpath variables and the jaguar manager batch crashed, I have had to configure that variables and copy the jagmanager batch by my self, I'm able to work with...

Web resources about - How to get Sysam service to start before Jaguar service - sybase.easerver.general

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

The capex data has a services blind spot
The latest investment figures overstate the importance of the mining industry and exclude several services sectors that account for half of all ...

Survivors of Paris terror attacks attend memorial service
PARIS ended a period of mourning for the victims of last fortnight’s terror attacks with a solemn memorial service attended by 1000 survivors ...

Disney launches DisneyLife, a UK-exclusive online streaming service
Disney has entered the online streaming market with DisneyLife, a brand new service that launched in the United Kingdom on Tuesday (with a global ...

Volvo launches in-car package delivery service in Gothenburg
Filed under: Volvo , Europe , Technology This Christmas, Santa's reindeer will deliver presents to Volvo owners in Gothenburg, Sweden, as part ...

Amazon Reports of Air Freight Service Just the Start, Says Baird
... at $674.43, following an article this morning on Motherboard by Kari Paul stating the company has developed its own trial air cargo service, ...

One-day sale: Get an extra 15% off all VPN services
If you want your private information to stay private and away from the prying eyes of snoops and hackers, getting online with a VPN service is ...

'Uber for helicopters' startup Blade now offers private jet service to Miami, and it wants your flight ...
... to the Hamptons. The startup is now expanding its offerings to include seats on a private Gulfstream IV jet. Dubbed BLADEone, the service ...

Tesla Service Wait Times In Norway Getting Looong
Originally published on EV Obsession. Some of those needing to take their Teslas into service centers in Norway for repairs have been reporting ...

The Postal Service Doesn’t Even Deliver Mail Well, And Some People Want To Make Them Bankers
The Postal Service Doesn’t Even Deliver Mail Well, And Some People Want To Make Them Bankers