HELP Surfside video rental application

Any kind soul,

I am new to corba and jaguar.  I have ESA installed on a Win2000 server and
am getting a "Corba System Exception: CORBA_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.  It then
pops up the store selection with an empty list to pick from.

I have read the document and gone through all the installation phases for
installation of the ESA 3.61 upgrades but am unable to get it started.

Could someone please guide me as to where can I get more detailed material
or walk me though the application.

I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks In Advance

0
Derrick

Just a little more informarion is needed to resolve your problem.
What type of application did you deploy? (PB, Java, �/C++)
If "Java", did you use EJB?

Typically, CORBA_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK raises
when interface method fails with system error and the method is a
transactional.

If you are going to use Java technology I would recommend to visit
http://www.java.sun.com
and read J2EE specification and other related document.
Sybase Jaguar 3.6.1 C1 has been passed J2EE certification and you can use
all
J2EE architecture advatages.

Good luck,
Alexey

"Derrick" <derrick@lotuschan.com> wrote in message
> Any kind soul,
>
> I am new to corba and jaguar.  I have ESA installed on a Win2000 server
and
> am getting a "Corba System Exception: CORBA_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.  It then
> pops up the store selection with an empty list to pick from.
>
> I have read the document and gone through all the installation phases for
> installation of the ESA 3.61 upgrades but am unable to get it started.
>
> Could someone please guide me as to where can I get more detailed material
> or walk me though the application.
>
> I would be eternally grateful.
>
> Thanks In Advance

0
Alexey

Surfside video rental application connection problem
I am getting following error while running sample application(EA Studion3.0) ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/HTMLGenerator', 'Unable to initialize the VM (check that the PATH and CLASSPATH environment variables are set correctly)' ERROR: Could not connect to server component. I appreciate your help. Prakash Hello, try to read the issue Demo for Jaguar CTS 3.0 It's about the same Robert PB <ppatel@tfp.com> wrote in message news:opRdiMUo#GA.270@forums.sybase.com... > I am getting following error while running sample application...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

How to run the surfside video sample application
Hi everybody, Please help me how to run the surf side video sample application. I am getting the error -1 retrieve failed from jaguar server.My jaguar and dynamo server are running, still i am getting the error.Please help... Thanks in Advance: R.Sriram ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

help- general use of web application
hi, i complete my first web application. after,setup,deployment and installing web application on server. how to know whether it is successfully run or not? how to make it for general use? plz give solution. thanks in advance. ...

How to run a surfside video sample application
Hi all, Please guide me how to run a surfside video sample application which comes with powerbuilder 7. All though i start the Jaguar CTS server and power Dynamo server it is showing the following error ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 ***** Cannot connect! Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connection from Jaguar yet no error was returned from the Jaguar Server! ************************ Any suggestion is appreciated as i am in atmost need of it to proceed further in my development.Urgent!!! Thanks Sriram ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfc...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

Web resources about - HELP Surfside video rental application - sybase.easerver.general

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

10 Killer Media Applications Enabled by 'Virtual Reality' Headsets
... can do much more than 'virtual reality,' a technical term that is badly defined in most news reports. Here are 10 rapidly developing applications. ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...