Error installing EAServer 4.2.2

That's it:

Errors occurred during the installation.
Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = :
instance = 1

Thanks in advance

0
George

Try rename the file vpd.properties in your windows directory and install
again

"George Evert" <gosha-sl@yandex.ru> wrote in message

> That's it:
>
> Errors occurred during the installation.
> Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = :
> instance = 1
>
> Thanks in advance

0
James

EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 )
EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 ). There is log file fragment( last part is most interesting ): Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Started: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: services... Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: CosNaming/JNameService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: Jaguar/GarbageCollector Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Warning: interface Replacer is illegal in module ejb::replacer (see CORBA 2.3 section 3.15.2) Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Stopped: CosNaming/JNameService Au...

EAServer 4.2.2 JNDI Error
Could someone help me I am try to use my EJB deploy to another Jaguar on another server. I receive this error: getUserInfo(user:) jagadmin: Caught exception :org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: minor code: 0 completed: No I do not receive such when am using my local jaguar This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Are you trying to do deploy from server1 to server 2 ? If yes then you can do that by using jagtool ? Thanks, Sandip --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type...

Can not start EAServer after upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub413d5d88 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I upgrade my EAServer from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3. I immediately try to start the server , the dos box closed by itself and the server never started. My computer is running on Microsoft XP professional SP1. I've attached the jaguar log file. Will someone please look into the log file and help me with this big question. Thank you very much. ---=_forums-2-dub413d5d88 Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="...

EAServer 4.2.2 not start as service after upgrade from 4.2.0
Hello, All! After upgrade 4.2.0 to 4.2.2 EAServer can't start as service In System Event log 2 event 7000 - The "Jaguar" service failed to start due to the following error ... 7009 - Timeout (30000 ms) waiting for service to connect. Start trought serverstart.bat is normal. Where problem? With best regards, Alexey Danilov. E-mail: dan@pharm.mos.ru Did you reinstall the service? Try deleting the service and re-adding it. Or check the classpaths defined for the service in the registry and make sure they match the batch file. D "Alexey Danilov&quo...

Get error when installing EAServer 4.2 for windows
I downloaded the EAServer 4.2 for windows and my machine has Windows ME. When I try to install this EAServer 4.2 Developer edition I get the error --- Java has caused an error in <unknown> If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer. I have rebooted my computer but I still keep getting the same error. Please help!! Thanks, Ten M. Z. Tenyhwa I'm not sure if it is supported on ME. Check the readme file to verify. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Branick Consulting, Inc. www.branick-inc.com EAServer Consulting and Training PowerBui...

XP with EAServer 4.2.2
I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX. But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep session variables. But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it works fine. Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local access? TIA Joe Notes for Win XP: 1) Install Sun Java VM before installing EAServer. You can find latest version of Sun JRE from http://java.sun.com 2) Install in Windows 2000 compatible mode. 3) Installing from CD migth be a problem. You might have a copy the installable on your machine and then...

More than one version of EAServer on one machine? (4.2.2 & 5.2)
Hi there, I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production server. Now I want to put 5.2 on the same machine. I started the 5.2 install and it gives an option to put the new version in a different folder, you can even rename the service, but the "shared" folder remains the same. I thought I would check here for any insight on this subject, before possibly messing up the 4.2.2 environment. Any gotchas? Thanks, Tim Tim Byford wrote: > Hi there, > > I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production ...

Webservice on EAServer 4.2/4.2.3 with AXIS Client
List, I am attempting to use a Java client application to invoke a web service (hosted on EAServer) using Apache Axis 1.1. This fails due to: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element is missing. Please see attachment for complete error message and Java client class. I can successfully invoke the same web service using the Sybase ClientProxy method (see attachment for Java client class). Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or whether these versions are incompatible ? Thanks James begin 666 wsnewsgroup_issue.doc MT,\...

Problem using JCE in EAServer 4.0/4.2.2
Hi All, Could any one help me with this problem. I saw a similar solution here where an EJB is used to solve the problem but I tried I can still make it work. I have put the JCE jars sunjce_provider,jce1_2_2,local_policy and US_policy jars in the class paths and even in serverstart classpath entries. I still receive this error. I have a sample JSP that I am test. *************JSP******************************** <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE> </TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <%@ page language="java" isErrorPage="false" import = "jav...

pb11 full install runtime error when creating JSP page EAServer 4.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4bf2f2e0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I get a runtime error no matter what type of web target page I create off a full install of PB11. I have EAServer 4.2 installed also. This is a standalone PC running Win XP 2002 SP 3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ---=_forums-1-dub4bf2f2e0 Content-Type: application/msword; name="pb11_web_target_jsp_page_error.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; f...

FYI: Apache 2.0 support via EAServer 4.2.2 redirector plug-in
Hello all. An EBF is now available to add Apache 2.0 support via the EAServer Web server redirector plug-in on Windows and Solaris. EAServer EBF 1470 for 4.2.2 Windows http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sddetail.stm?relid=5028&baseprod=128&client=mysybase EAServer EBF 11471 for 4.2.2 Sun Solaris http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sddetail.stm?relid=5029&baseprod=128&client=mysybase Regards, Jackie Green Sybase, Inc. ...

EAServer 5.2 Error with PB10.2
I've been running a PB v8 component in EAServer for a couple years. I recently upgraded to EAServer 5.2 and compiled the component in PB v9. Everything worked as desired. I then upgraded the component to PB v10.2. The component fails when manipulating a datawindow on the server. From my desktop, I then used the "Runtime Packager" and deployed PBv10.2 to EAServer's v5.2. I still get the same error at runtime. I execute the following: ids_input.Create(ls_dw, ls_errors) I get this error on the "create": Line 32 Column 14: incorrect syntax. If I...

EAServer 4.2.2 MS DTC
Hello group I am trying to use the MS DTC coordinator but when I enable it and then try to ping the connection cache I get the following Error: Ping of mci_jdbc Connection Cache failed: JCMCache.getConnection() could not acquire a connection. JCMCache.getConnection() did not throw an exception. The setup I use is the following: EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) Developer Edition SQL Server 2000 SP 1 (Developer Edition) I am connecting using the following JDBC Driver Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Service Pack 1 Version 2.2.0029 December 2002 ...

EAServer 4.2.2 Redirector and HTTPS
I have a been able to get the the 4.2.2 redirector installed and running properly on an IIS 6.x web server. While HTTP requests are forwarded properly to EA, HTTPS requests are not. I've been through the documentation and all I find is how to configure an SSL connection from the web server to EA. Is there something that needs to be done to redirector configuration file or to the web server or am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Robin Thompson LPD Enterprises Inc. Duhhh.. The network administrator has blocked port 443 on the server I w...

Web resources about - Error installing EAServer 4.2.2 - sybase.easerver.general

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper