easerver.general slow?

I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and
webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it
had it's uptime problems a few weeks ago.

Is this just me, or is it a common problem?

I'm using Outlook as my reader...

Daniel

I see no difference.

"Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M_infrontsoftware.com> wrote in
message news:DaIHcNkYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com...
> I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and
> webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it
> had it's uptime problems a few weeks ago.
>
> Is this just me, or is it a common problem?
>
> I'm using Outlook as my reader...

Tim
11/1/2001 3:09:53 AM
Working great for me as well

--
Jason Weiss
eBusiness Division

* remove __nospam__ from address to e-mail directly.

"Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M_infrontsoftware.com> wrote in
message news:DaIHcNkYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com...
> I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and
> webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it
> had it's uptime problems a few weeks ago.
>
> Is this just me, or is it a common problem?
>
> I'm using Outlook as my reader...

Jason

What generals generally do

EAServer General Questions
Hello group, I trying to find some info that a customer asked but I cannot. Here they are: 1. Benchmarks in the TCP-W standard 2. Documented info regarding SMP (support, load balancing). I only found 3 lines in the EAServer manuals 3. Any documented info regarding the max concurent users etc. I know that it is 60-80 per cpu but there is no document showing these things. If anyone can help please do Regards Dimitris Karistinos 3) "CPU Sizing for Concurrent Client Connections to EAServer." id=1019577 Also see from Jonathan Baker in a thread here called &qu...

Need general info about EAServer ?
We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on Sun-Solaris (SPARC). I require the following information : 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also tell me the position of EAServer ? 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ? 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or EJB or COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to Performance and other issues ? Thanks, Shaik ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_lis...

Another EAServer general question
We are considering purchasing software from a consulting company written in JAVA. I would like to require that it run on EAServer. Is there any good reason that would not be possible? If not EAServer wouldn't that software have to run either locally on a machine or if I want multiple users to use the same software on some app. server like Weblogic or Websphere of EAServer? If it's straight Java, it may not run in a J2EE container. (It should, and you could probably ask for it, but it's not a requirement). If however, the Java software is J2EE compliant (which you *shou...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Is there a general batch scheduling engine available for EAServer?
I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this facility? Brett. Hi, You can easily write this yourself. In the start function you can look at the current time and then calculate the sleeptime. In the run function you can sleep for let's say a day and your component will run once a day at the same hour. On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:00:36 -0400, in sybase.public.easerver.general <brett.priddey@wcc.govt.nz> wrote: >I am interested in using Service Components in for ...

EAserver slow
Jsp-->Easerver-->MS SQL sever I have a query to select 100 records. I run this query in "query analyzer",it take about 3 second. but I put this in JSP and display the result it take 3 minute. what make this big diffrence.I know it take time to retrieve by EAserver and display on web,but the diffrence is so big. but if there are 20 records,there is no such big diffrence(it take 2 second for easerver).is it becuse that EAServer is not good at big resultset? 100 records is not big, my server retrieves 10,000 rows in under a second. Have you debugged to see where it...

General
Name: Andrew Email: anile_at_postmaster.co.uk Product: Minefield Summary: General Comments: The new UI is much more responsive, smaller and cleaner. The spell checking is quite amazing and will help us all with our posting like this one. I couldn't find any localised options but I'm sure they'll be implemented. Not sure about add-ons being so called, can't they be called "Extensions and Themes?" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060711 Minefield/3.0a1 (bangbang023) ...

general
Name: Darran Logie Email: hawkalmightyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general Comments: firefox i have always found to be excellent. All the little addons and constant refinements are always welcomed. At the moment the only thing i am missing is download manager as its not compatible with the current version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

general
mailto:laura.biding@ntlworld.com ...

General
Name: Nick Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: General Comments: Amazing. Just needs more compatible addons and it will be wonderful. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

General
In sybase for the column what datatype the sybase expert's suggest either char or varchar? I heared that while doing update statistics ... the varchar is costlier than the space occupied by char. Please share your knowledge. Thanks and Best Regards Gopi Chand T. The choice between "varchar" and "char" doesn't have much of anything to do with the performance of "update statistics" that I know of. There is a small performance penalty for accessing variable length data on the row, but it would only be notable under very high load. Take a...

General
Sir/Madam, Please Clarify the following 1. It is possible to set edit mask for each row 2. Whether it is possible to get the column name 1. There is no change in the column (Edit changed or ItemChanged Event will not fire in this situation) 3. In PFC U_TVS when we I to update the datastore that has been registered I am getting the error integrity violation. This is because in U_TVS they are rowscopying the retrived value from an attrib to this datastore, so the status is newmodified!. I want to update the datastore by modifying the status as datamodified!. Suppo...

General
Hi i have some textbox and Richtext box when i type the data and click save  the data will bind to the Gridview.. I had set width for each field , Suppose while I insert data , without anyspace in the Richtextbox and click save the data binded to the gridview show Lengthy line its look so bad all alignment are changes so how shall i avoid this , else how can i insert  break line or ( space ) at the end of the each line in the richtextbox... can anyone give solution pls...  Regards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.comPlease remember to click “...

Web resources about - easerver.general slow? - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo