EAServer 4.2.2 MS DTC

Hello group I am trying to use the MS DTC coordinator but when I enable it
and then try to ping the connection cache I get the following Error:

Ping of mci_jdbc Connection Cache failed:
  JCMCache.getConnection() could not acquire a
  connection. JCMCache.getConnection() did not throw an
  exception.

The setup I use is the following:

EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) Developer Edition
SQL Server 2000 SP 1 (Developer Edition)

I am connecting using the following JDBC Driver

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC
     Service Pack 1
     Version 2.2.0029
     December 2002

and the connection cache setup are the following

Server Name:
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://LAPTOP\\SQLLAP:1433;DatabaseName=mci;SelectMethod=cursor
JDBC Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

When I do not use the MS DTC the cache is working correctly!
Any ideas about what is preventing the connection cache from working
properly?

Regards
Dimitris Karistinos

0
Dimitris

EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 )
EAServer constantly crashes with the same error ( jdk 1.4.2, EAServer 4.2.3 ). There is log file fragment( last part is most interesting ): Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Started: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: services... Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: CosNaming/JNameService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: Jaguar/GarbageCollector Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Running: JaguarServlet/ServletService Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Warning: interface Replacer is illegal in module ejb::replacer (see CORBA 2.3 section 3.15.2) Aug 18 15:38:58 2005: Stopped: CosNaming/JNameService Au...

EAServer 4.2.2 not start as service after upgrade from 4.2.0
Hello, All! After upgrade 4.2.0 to 4.2.2 EAServer can't start as service In System Event log 2 event 7000 - The "Jaguar" service failed to start due to the following error ... 7009 - Timeout (30000 ms) waiting for service to connect. Start trought serverstart.bat is normal. Where problem? With best regards, Alexey Danilov. E-mail: dan@pharm.mos.ru Did you reinstall the service? Try deleting the service and re-adding it. Or check the classpaths defined for the service in the registry and make sure they match the batch file. D "Alexey Danilov&quo...

Can not start EAServer after upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub413d5d88 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I upgrade my EAServer from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3. I immediately try to start the server , the dos box closed by itself and the server never started. My computer is running on Microsoft XP professional SP1. I've attached the jaguar log file. Will someone please look into the log file and help me with this big question. Thank you very much. ---=_forums-2-dub413d5d88 Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="...

EAServer 4.2.2
Hi all, We are in the process of upgrading our EAServer version to 4.2.2 from 3.6.1. The C++ component of our application fails to build with the following types of errors: 1) V:\include\JagORB.h(141) : error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal 2) V:\include\JagORB.hpp(503) : error C2535: 'void __thiscall CORBA_Any::operator <<=(long)' : member function already defined or declared Is Visual C++ not supported in 4.2.2? All was well in 3.6.1. Any solutions to this issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your help. The complete comp...

XP with EAServer 4.2.2
I have an EAServer 4.2.2 running on XP and I can deploy from JBuilderX. But if I try to view it using IE from the XP machine I cannot keep session variables. But if I hit it from a 2000 machine on my network it works fine. Anything special about XP and Jaguar setup for local access? TIA Joe Notes for Win XP: 1) Install Sun Java VM before installing EAServer. You can find latest version of Sun JRE from http://java.sun.com 2) Install in Windows 2000 compatible mode. 3) Installing from CD migth be a problem. You might have a copy the installable on your machine and then...

More than one version of EAServer on one machine? (4.2.2 & 5.2)
Hi there, I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production server. Now I want to put 5.2 on the same machine. I started the 5.2 install and it gives an option to put the new version in a different folder, you can even rename the service, but the "shared" folder remains the same. I thought I would check here for any insight on this subject, before possibly messing up the 4.2.2 environment. Any gotchas? Thanks, Tim Tim Byford wrote: > Hi there, > > I have EAS 4.2.2 installed as a dev environment that matches a production ...

Problem using JCE in EAServer 4.0/4.2.2
Hi All, Could any one help me with this problem. I saw a similar solution here where an EJB is used to solve the problem but I tried I can still make it work. I have put the JCE jars sunjce_provider,jce1_2_2,local_policy and US_policy jars in the class paths and even in serverstart classpath entries. I still receive this error. I have a sample JSP that I am test. *************JSP******************************** <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE> </TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <%@ page language="java" isErrorPage="false" import = "jav...

Webservice on EAServer 4.2/4.2.3 with AXIS Client
List, I am attempting to use a Java client application to invoke a web service (hosted on EAServer) using Apache Axis 1.1. This fails due to: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element is missing. Please see attachment for complete error message and Java client class. I can successfully invoke the same web service using the Sybase ClientProxy method (see attachment for Java client class). Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or whether these versions are incompatible ? Thanks James begin 666 wsnewsgroup_issue.doc MT,\...

FYI: Apache 2.0 support via EAServer 4.2.2 redirector plug-in
Hello all. An EBF is now available to add Apache 2.0 support via the EAServer Web server redirector plug-in on Windows and Solaris. EAServer EBF 1470 for 4.2.2 Windows http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sddetail.stm?relid=5028&baseprod=128&client=mysybase EAServer EBF 11471 for 4.2.2 Sun Solaris http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sddetail.stm?relid=5029&baseprod=128&client=mysybase Regards, Jackie Green Sybase, Inc. ...

Problem with EAServer 4.2.2 Update
I have updated my 4.2.0 version and now I have a problem with webdw. When I run my application, I receive this error message: ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/HTMLGenerator90', 'Exception thrown: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction in method CreateComponent of class JagComp. Unable to find or create the required component with the given parameters: "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator90 iiop://sbw2k:9000 jagadmin *****". near line 3986' ERROR: Could not connect to server component. Please, help me. Thanks It sounds l...

EAServer 4.2.2 JNDI Error
Could someone help me I am try to use my EJB deploy to another Jaguar on another server. I receive this error: getUserInfo(user:) jagadmin: Caught exception :org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: minor code: 0 completed: No I do not receive such when am using my local jaguar This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Are you trying to do deploy from server1 to server 2 ? If yes then you can do that by using jagtool ? Thanks, Sandip --=_alternative 0060DC1F85256EFB_= Content-Type...

EAServer 4.2.2 Redirector and HTTPS
I have a been able to get the the 4.2.2 redirector installed and running properly on an IIS 6.x web server. While HTTP requests are forwarded properly to EA, HTTPS requests are not. I've been through the documentation and all I find is how to configure an SSL connection from the web server to EA. Is there something that needs to be done to redirector configuration file or to the web server or am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Robin Thompson LPD Enterprises Inc. Duhhh.. The network administrator has blocked port 443 on the server I w...

How to redirect EAServer 4.2.2 to Apache???
Hi, I have EAServer 4.2.2 and want to use server redirector to Apache 2.0. Have followed the instructions in Sybase help but it doesn't work. After modify the httpf.conf, copy the dlls, create the conn_config file, Apache doesn't start. Get this message: Syntax error on line 135 of C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/libjeas2_mod.dll into server: The specified module could not be found. Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit. 27... Somebody have the RIGHT inst...

Error installing EAServer 4.2.2
That's it: Errors occurred during the installation. Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = : instance = 1 Thanks in advance Hi, Try rename the file vpd.properties in your windows directory and install again "George Evert" <gosha-sl@yandex.ru> wrote in message news:3fe97fc6$1@forums-2-dub... > > That's it: > > Errors occurred during the installation. > Object to update not found in VPD: uid = Sybase EAServer : version = : > instance = 1 > > Thanks in advance > ...

Web resources about - EAServer 4.2.2 MS DTC - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo