Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0

Hi,

I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0
JDBC driver is class12.jar
JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid
Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0
Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3.

When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO,
however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log
every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute.

java.sql.SQLException: Overflow Exception
	at oracle.sql.NUMBER.toInt(NUMBER.java:373)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBConversion.NumberBytesToInt(DBConversion.java:2009)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3790)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
	at
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
SQLException: SQLState(null) vendor code(17026)
java.sql.SQLException: Numeric Overflow
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:222)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:285)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3796)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
	at
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
Java PbjdbcRowSet::GetColumnInt SQLException thrown

in addition odbc connection cache also ping successfully via jaguar manager but
messaging service is not configured by using odbc connection cache for oracle.
jaguar server produce following error, odbc connection cache not found

any one provide me a solution for using connection cache for oracle 9i

Thanks in Advance

Majid Bashir
NetSol Technology

Majid

This sounds almost like a known bug in the Oracle JDBC driver, but if
so, there is a workaround.  Add

,-Doracledatabasemetadata.get_lob_precision=false

to the com.sybase.jaguar.server.jvm.options property of your server
and restart.

 On 11 Aug 2004 03:41:41 -0700, "Majid Bashir"
<majid.bashir@netsolpk.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC
>Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0
>JDBC driver is class12.jar
>JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
>Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid
>Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0
>Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3.
>
>When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO,
>however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log
>every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute.
>
>java.sql.SQLException: Overflow Exception
>	at oracle.sql.NUMBER.toInt(NUMBER.java:373)
>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBConversion.NumberBytesToInt(DBConversion.java:2009)
>	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3790)
>	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
>	at
>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
>SQLException: SQLState(null) vendor code(17026)
>java.sql.SQLException: Numeric Overflow
>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:222)
>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:285)
>	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3796)
>	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
>	at
>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
>Java PbjdbcRowSet::GetColumnInt SQLException thrown
>

>in addition odbc connection cache also ping successfully via jaguar manager but
>messaging service is not configured by using odbc connection cache for oracle.
>jaguar server produce following error, odbc connection cache not found
>
>any one provide me a solution for using connection cache for oracle 9i
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Majid Bashir
>NetSol Technology
>

>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Jim
8/11/2004 12:42:14 PM
We are using OCI-9 and ODBC driver to make connection cahe having following
properties.

Database Driver Type = OCI_9
DLL or Class Name = oci.dll
DLL or Class Name  = oraclient9.dll

It Pings successfuly but unable to start message Service where the error message
is  connection cahce not found.

Please any one provide me a solution to connect through OCI or ODBC so that
MessageService also work.

Thanks

Majid Bashir
NetSol Technology

On 11 Aug 2004 05:42:14 -0700,
 in sybase.public.easerver.general
Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote:
>This sounds almost like a known bug in the Oracle JDBC driver, but if
>so, there is a workaround.  Add
>
>,-Doracledatabasemetadata.get_lob_precision=false
>
>to the com.sybase.jaguar.server.jvm.options property of your server
>and restart.
>
> On 11 Aug 2004 03:41:41 -0700, "Majid Bashir"
><majid.bashir@netsolpk.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC
>>Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0
>>JDBC driver is class12.jar
>>JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
>>Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid
>>Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0
>>Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3.
>>
>>When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO,
>>however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log
>>every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute.
>>
>>java.sql.SQLException: Overflow Exception
>>	at oracle.sql.NUMBER.toInt(NUMBER.java:373)
>>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBConversion.NumberBytesToInt(DBConversion.java:2009)
>>	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3790)
>>	at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
>>	at
>>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
>>SQLException: SQLState(null) vendor code(17026)
>>java.sql.SQLException: Numeric Overflow
>>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
>>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:222)
>>	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:285)
>>	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3796)
>>	at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
>>	at
>>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:440)
>>Java PbjdbcRowSet::GetColumnInt SQLException thrown
>>

>>in addition odbc connection cache also ping successfully via jaguar manager
but
>>messaging service is not configured by using odbc connection cache for oracle.
>>jaguar server produce following error, odbc connection cache not found
>>
>>any one provide me a solution for using connection cache for oracle 9i
>>
>>Thanks in Advance
>>
>>Majid Bashir
>>NetSol Technology
>>

>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Majid
8/20/2004 7:38:03 AM
MessageService requires a JDBC connection.  This is made very clear in the
documentation.  I suggest reading it thoroughly.

Carson

________________________________

Carson Hager
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
http://www.cynergysystems.com

Take PowerBuilder Applications to the Web Today with Cynergy EAF 4.0
http://www.cynergysystems.com/public/products/eaf

"Majid Bashir" <majid.bashir@netsolpk.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> >> at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
> >> at
>
>>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:4
40)
> >>Java PbjdbcRowSet::GetColumnInt SQLException thrown
> >>

> >>in addition odbc connection cache also ping successfully via jaguar
manager
> but
> >>messaging service is not configured by using odbc connection cache for
oracle.
> >>jaguar server produce following error, odbc connection cache not found
> >>
> >>any one provide me a solution for using connection cache for oracle 9i
> >>
> >>Thanks in Advance
> >>
> >>Majid Bashir
> >>NetSol Technology
> >>

> >>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---

Thanks for giving information.

Actually the problem while doing JDBC Driver is that beside messageservice When
we retrieve data from some datastore it gives following error.

Aug 20 10:45:38 2004: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: GetMillisecond

Aug 20 10:45:38 2004: NO of rows in retrieve = -1
Aug 20 10:45:38 2004: DATA STORE ERROR Code = 0   SQL Error TEXT =""

But the same query run fine when we run from PB query analyzer.

Regards

Majid Bashir
NetSol Technology

On 20 Aug 2004 03:06:09 -0700,
T. Carson Hager [Team Sybase] <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote:
>MessageService requires a JDBC connection.  This is made very clear in the
>documentation.  I suggest reading it thoroughly.
>

>Carson
>

>________________________________
>
>Carson Hager
>Cynergy Systems, Inc.
>http://www.cynergysystems.com
>
>Take PowerBuilder Applications to the Web Today with Cynergy EAF 4.0
>http://www.cynergysystems.com/public/products/eaf
>

>"Majid Bashir" <majid.bashir@netsolpk.com> wrote in message
>> We are using OCI-9 and ODBC driver to make connection cahe having
>following
>> properties.
>>
>> Database Driver Type = OCI_9
>> DLL or Class Name = oci.dll
>> DLL or Class Name  = oraclient9.dll
>>
>> It Pings successfuly but unable to start message Service where the error
>message
>> is  connection cahce not found.
>>
>> Please any one provide me a solution to connect through OCI or ODBC so
>that
>> MessageService also work.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Majid Bashir
>> NetSol Technology
>>

>> On 11 Aug 2004 05:42:14 -0700,
>>  in sybase.public.easerver.general
>> Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote:
>> >This sounds almost like a known bug in the Oracle JDBC driver, but if
>> >so, there is a workaround.  Add
>> >
>> >,-Doracledatabasemetadata.get_lob_precision=false
>> >
>> >to the com.sybase.jaguar.server.jvm.options property of your server
>> >and restart.

>NVO,
>log

>oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBConversion.NumberBytesToInt(DBConversion.java:2009)
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3790)
>>
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
>>
>>>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:4
>40)
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getIntValue(OracleStatement.java:3796)
>>
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getInt(OracleResultSetImpl.java:332)
>>
>>>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnInt(PbjdbcRowSet.java:4
>40)

>manager
>> but
>oracle.

0
Majid
8/20/2004 10:25:24 AM
Then use a JDBC cache for the Message Service and a native cache for PB
components.

Carson