Connection Cache - Connection Time

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the
creation of the database connection from a connection pool ?

The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want
to destroy all connections from the cache that were
established before a certain timestamp.

Thomas
0
Thomas

It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that.

There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache
size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections.
If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you
can set a timeout on the database.  If the cache needs a connection that
has timed out, it will be reestablished automatically.

In article <4010fa31.7040.846930886@sybase.com>, Thomas says...
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the
> creation of the database connection from a connection pool ?
>
> The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want
> to destroy all connections from the cache that were
> established before a certain timestamp.
>
> Thomas

0
Mark
1/23/2004 8:04:50 PM
Not directly, no.

But, you could do it by writing your own Connection class proxy object.  The
java.sql.Connection is just an interface, so any class can implement it.
You could implement your own, and then have your class proxy to another
"real" connection cache.  Once you've created your own class, you can do
whatever you want.

Jonathan

<Thomas> wrote in message news:4010fa31.7040.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the
> creation of the database connection from a connection pool ?
>
> The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want
> to destroy all connections from the cache that were
> established before a certain timestamp.
>
> Thomas

0
Jonathan