Bind EAServer to a given IP address on server with multiple IPs

Hello,

The systems guy at my client has set up a new W2K3 server.   He has
assigned multiple IP addresses to this machine.

He wants Jaguar to listen on port 80 on a single specific IP address,
but not the others.

Can/How do I accomplish this with EAS 5.3 ?   Is it as simple as setting
the listener.hostname to be the IP rather than ${JAGUAR_HOST_NAME} ?

Thanks,

Daniel

yep.

--
Dean Jones
CEO

TeamSybase
* * Think Sybase * *

"Daniel Coppersmith" <coppersmith2002_A_T_hotmail_D_O_T_N0SPAM.com> wrote in
message news:46bc72a4$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hello,
>
> The systems guy at my client has set up a new W2K3 server.   He has
> assigned multiple IP addresses to this machine.
>
> He wants Jaguar to listen on port 80 on a single specific IP address, but
> not the others.
>
> Can/How do I accomplish this with EAS 5.3 ?   Is it as simple as setting
> the listener.hostname to be the IP rather than ${JAGUAR_HOST_NAME} ?
>
> Thanks,

Dean

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

Catch IP Address of Local Machine Insted of Server IP Address where the application is deployed at
Hai ,  I have a survey that will be sent to all the users across a group, This survey application is deployed on webserver and that link will be sent to all the group members.Right now it was capturing the IP  Address of server for all members in group , insted i need each members Local machine IP Address to be sent the database via server.  I tried using the following two requests but all they are doing is capturing the server ip address:  String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]; String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADD...

Gwia, "Bind exclusively to TCP/IP Address" and Secondary IP addresses problem...
Hello, I have a GWIA on a Bordermanger server with 3 private nics and 1 public. Gwia works with a groupwise PO server but also relays as an SMTP server other applications (like Topcall, Hp management server notifications, Listmessenger server etc.). Relays occur on different IP addresses on the different nics... By default, gwia listen and works with all the IP addresses and bordermanger filters have been configured accordingly. On the public side, the ptr dns record matches a secondary ip address. But, because of that, I get more and more errors like the following: &q...

Multiple IP addresses on Server
We are in the process of switching all of our client PC's over to a different subnet mask for IP addresses. I would like our Sybase server to be able to communicate with client PC's with either of our subnet masks since this process will take up to a week to complete. However, after adding an additional IP address to our NT server, the only PC's that can communicate are those with the same subnet mask as the primary IP address on the server. The other clients can ping the NT server, but not the Sybase server (sybping). Can't Sybase handle this or am I doing somethin...

Easerver Needs Static Ip Address?
I am trying to verify that for technical reasons it is better for a windows machine running easerver to have a static ip. Could anyone point me in the direction that I can confirm or deny this assumption? Thanks! It does not need a static IP. You can listen on host name. If you listen on IP I would use a static IP. -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 ext 112 <legs> wrote in message news:3f96d392.72d0.846930886@sybase.com... > I am trying to verify that for technical reasons it is > better for a windo...

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

Query: DHCP Server and leased IP addresses / MS Private IP
All, This is a quick query to really find out if anyone else has heard, discovered, or done things differently with their setup. The way our network works is that we have a DHCP server assigning all the computers in SurreyCC a 10.*.*.* address. All works perfectly fine, however there is the odd occasion where the DHCP server crashes over the weekend or overnight, and users coming back in the next day will gain the Microsoft Privatly Assigned IP address rather than using the DHCP assigned IP address (if it is still within its lease). Microsoft has an article about this here...

Using multiple IP addresses on a NT Server
My company has released our new PowerBuilder applications for Beta testing here in Texas and I have run into a couple of problems with either multiple nic's or IP adresses. The first school district that we setup the client's were able to connect to the database with no problems. It was neccessary to use the -x tcpip{host=ip address} ont the clients. The administrator of the district added a second nic card and no client could get to the database, they received the error "Server not found". I suggested removing the second nic card and everyone connected to the data...

Change IP address / Subnet for multiple servers
Hi All I want to change the IP addresses for all my servers in my tree. They will be moving to a completely different subnet [10.x.x.x from 172.16.x.x.x] AS any servers moved to the new IP subnet will not be visible to servers which have not yet been moved, is there any order in which I should perform the migration.? I am thinking of changing the IP address of the server containing the master replica first and then other servers afterwards. Is this the best approach? I know how to change IPs and have all the TIDS which refernce it, servers are a mix of 5.1SP8 and 6.5SP3 (all ...

IP Address conflict
I've no idea where to post this, there seems to be no plain vanilla networking forum, so bear with me. Someone, presumably with a laptop, plugged it into our network today. It appears it had a manually set IP address that was the same as our Groupwise server. Everyone's GW client or WebAccess Connection immediately exited, presumably because they were suddenly talking to the wrong computer. I found the TCPIP error messages on the server console when I went to see what the hell happened. NW65SP7 I've got the MAC address and I'll try and track it down. An...

Need to get the ip address of the EAServer I'm connected to
We have clustered EAServer boxes, and I have a client app that needs to report the IP address of the server it was connected to when an error occurrs. Is there a simple way to get the actual IP address of the EAServer the client has connected to? I am using PowerBuilder 9 and EAS 4.2. Thanks FUNCTION long JagGetHostName( REF string hostname, int len, REF int retLen ) LIBRARY "libjdispatch.dll" FUNCTION long JagGetPeerAddress( REF string peername, int len, REF int retLen ) LIBRARY "libjdispatch.dll" Greg wrote: > We have clustered EAServer boxes, and...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Web resources about - Bind EAServer to a given IP address on server with multiple IPs - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo