Another EAServer general question

We are considering purchasing software from a consulting
company written in JAVA.
I would like to require that it run on EAServer.
Is there any good reason that would not be possible?
If not EAServer wouldn't that software have to run
either locally on a  machine or if I want multiple users
to use the same software on some app. server like Weblogic
or Websphere of EAServer?
0
DeuceRider

If it's straight Java, it may not run in a J2EE container. (It should, and
you could probably ask for it, but it's not a requirement). If however, the
Java software is J2EE compliant (which you *should* require), then
theoretically, it should run on ANY J2EE server that is compliant at the
same level. If the vendor claims J2EE compliance, then you could ask them to
ensure that it runs on EAServer. EAServer v4.x is J2EE 1.3 compliant (and
certified). Weblogic and Websphere have received certification also, but not
on their current Production servers. If they developed the software
specifically for one or other appserver vendor (say BEA), then it may NOT
run on others as they may have built in stuff specifically supported by the
appserver vendor.

regards,

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
VP - Power3

<DeuceRider> wrote in message
> We are considering purchasing software from a consulting
> company written in JAVA.
> I would like to require that it run on EAServer.
> Is there any good reason that would not be possible?
> If not EAServer wouldn't that software have to run
> either locally on a  machine or if I want multiple users
> to use the same software on some app. server like Weblogic
> or Websphere of EAServer?

0
Bill
5/22/2002 9:10:58 PM
Slight correction here. Weblogic 7.0 is shipping a production
product which is J2EE 1.3 compliant.

There is a program, called the Application Verification program,
which was announced at JavaONE and rolling out very shortly.

This program is intended to validate that a J2EE application
is J2EE vendor neutral.  Which means that the application
does not rely on any vendor value add and will  run on any
J2EE compliant server.

0
lance
5/22/2002 10:52:18 PM
Oh OK. I forgot. It's May already.

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
VP - Power3

<lance.andersen@sun.com> wrote in message
> Slight correction here. Weblogic 7.0 is shipping a production
> product which is J2EE 1.3 compliant.
>
> There is a program, called the Application Verification program,
> which was announced at JavaONE and rolling out very shortly.
>
> This program is intended to validate that a J2EE application
> is J2EE vendor neutral.  Which means that the application
> does not rely on any vendor value add and will  run on any
> J2EE compliant server.

0
Bill

EAServer General Questions
Hello group, I trying to find some info that a customer asked but I cannot. Here they are: 1. Benchmarks in the TCP-W standard 2. Documented info regarding SMP (support, load balancing). I only found 3 lines in the EAServer manuals 3. Any documented info regarding the max concurent users etc. I know that it is 60-80 per cpu but there is no document showing these things. If anyone can help please do Regards Dimitris Karistinos 3) "CPU Sizing for Concurrent Client Connections to EAServer." id=1019577 Also see from Jonathan Baker in a thread here called &qu...

What generals generally do

easerver.general slow?
I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it had it's uptime problems a few weeks ago. Is this just me, or is it a common problem? I'm using Outlook as my reader... D I see no difference. "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M_infrontsoftware.com> wrote in message news:DaIHcNkYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com... > I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and > webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it ...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Need general info about EAServer ?
We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on Sun-Solaris (SPARC). I require the following information : 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also tell me the position of EAServer ? 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ? 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or EJB or COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to Performance and other issues ? Thanks, Shaik ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_lis...

Is there a general batch scheduling engine available for EAServer?
I am interested in using Service Components in for batch jobs. Is there a scheduler available for starting jobs at various times / Days via this facility? Brett. Hi, You can easily write this yourself. In the start function you can look at the current time and then calculate the sleeptime. In the run function you can sleep for let's say a day and your component will run once a day at the same hour. On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:00:36 -0400, in sybase.public.easerver.general <brett.priddey@wcc.govt.nz> wrote: >I am interested in using Service Components in for ...

General Question
Is there any real good reason why companies dont migrate to SQL Server 7 or 2000 - its obvious from using Sybase for even just a week that its not up to the job in a banking environment. I find it amazing that the largest bank in the world astill uses such poor products. Greg In article <U8Xua4j0AHA.254@forums.sybase.com>, "Gregor Suttie" <gregor.suttie@pulsion.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any real good reason why companies dont migrate to SQL Server 7 > or 2000 - its obvious from using Sybase for even just a week that its > not up to the job in a ...

general questions
I'm reluctant to experiment with code I don't know basic things about.  Permit me to ask a few question.1. I see loads of third-party ads or references at this website.  Who is behind this project?  Is it Microsoft or a third party?2. Pressing "Download Source," I get some sort of .vsi file. Will I, eventually, get source code that implements the adapters?3. Let's take the GridView control.  It emits atrocious HTML.  How does an adapter work?  Does it clean up the HTML of the original GridView after the GridView has been rendered in memory or does it emit semant...

Few general questions
Hi, I am a newbie in GW and Internet Agent. I have an Internet Domain and from it's provider an offer for web and mail server. I would like to know how GW cooperates with external mail - server. For example, if I decide for a mail server from my provider, GW works as mail client only? Is Internet Agent still necessary or is it enough to specify addresses of SMTP/POP3 of provider's servers? Using provider's servers would be easier for me, because getting static IP in my case causes additional expenses, while provider's server has a static IP. Or is it better to MX reco...

general question
right now i have visual studio.net 2002 ... a project was created a couple of months ago using visual studio 2003....I have accessed the project several times building adding forms,code,etc..today i tried to access the project and it says that the project was created using a newer version of .net anfd won't open it...anybody know how to overcome this This is relatively easy to get around, but keep in mind that some code you wrote (or that was generated) in VS 2003 won't work in 2002 - there are some new features in the framework. In any case, all you need to do is change the Project a...

General Questions
Q: When I run the SQL in the PowerBuilder database administrator painter, it doesn't like the "%" character used by PowerDesigner for comments. How can I get around having to remove them each time I want to run the generated SQL in PowerBuilder? Q: When I run the SQL script generated by PowerDesigner, I get an error trying the following when using Domains: if exists(select 1 from sysdomain where domain_name='T_PHONE') then drop datatype T_PHONE end if; create datatype T_PHONE character varying(10) ; It says that T_PHONE was already ...

General Questions
Hi,My company has a website developed using .NET and they want to add a forum. Are the ASP.NET forum dev tools provided by microsoft any good? Are they easy to integrate into a site? Also where exactly do I find them?Cheers  If you are using a site that you developed yourself then you will may want to develop the forum yourself. This has been a hot topic lately but currently, as far as I know, there aren't any great forums that are easily pluggable into an existing custom site. The big thing is that many users use custom membership and roles...so it makes it tough. I am working...

general question
We have written a standard application using ASA and powerbuilder. The database scheme is for all users the same. Now we are thinking about giving the user the possibility to add tab pages and input fields to certain windows. Of course when adding the input fields users should be able to add checks (between certain values, or to select from a list, or even select from a table created by this user). When the user adds a table to the database, it should also be added automatically to the menu so that the user can fill it in the same way as the "fixed" tables. Maybe the...

Web resources about - Another EAServer general question - sybase.easerver.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo