"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message

Hello Sybase User Experts,

I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is
not currently opened. Database server rejected connection.
Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have
any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this
problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be
a great help to me. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Beverly
0
Beverly

Beverly,

First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting
to it?

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]

<Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hello Sybase User Experts,
>
> I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is
> not currently opened. Database server rejected connection.
> Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have
> any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this
> problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be
> a great help to me. Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Beverly

0
Millard

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

"connections to SQL server files (*.mdf)" error message in Visual studio when adding a new SQL database
Hope you can help. Running Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer2005.  I have created a new project and am attempting to add a new SQL database to it.  When I select the SQL database I get an "Connections to SQL server files (*.mdf) requires SQL Server Express to function properly" error message.  I also tried to add an existng database and it errors out as well "The file can not be opened as it is being used by another process.....".  However, I can create a new data source connection to existing SQL databases.  One caveat though.  I can ...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client to Linux ASA server
I downloaded the current asaeval7linuxrh6.tar Adaptive Server Anywhere for Linux, installed it and it's up and running on Linux, but I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client (I also have the latest windows ASA ODBC) to Linux ASA server. The ODBC driver is configured correctly on the NT client (as far as I've read). The Adaptive Sever Aywhere engine is up and running on the linux machine because I can query it using dbisqlc. The command I've used to start the database is: "dbeng7 -x tcpip asademo.db". I...

error message "connection to server timed out"
I've installed and configured thunderbird on my winXp- operating computer. I can't connect to verizon.net or yahoo.com...get error message that the request has timed out. Need help fixing this. hrikkers@verizon.net Henry Rikkers wrote: > I've installed and configured thunderbird on my winXp- > operating computer. I can't connect to verizon.net or yahoo.com...get error > message that the request has timed out. Need help fixing this. > hrikkers@verizon.net > > For verizon it appears you should use mail.verizon.net Yahoo doesn'...

"Not connected to SQL Database" Error Message
Hello All ! Last night, I left ISQL running on my machine. This morning, when I went to run a query in ISQL, I got the message: "Not connected to SQL Database". I understand the message pretty clearly. But, can anyone tell me at what point is a connection "dropped"? After how long? and lastly, what can I do to prevent or extend the time before I lose the connection? Thanks in advance, Everett In the online help you can look at the connection parameters by searching on "DBSRV50". The parameter you want to modify is "-ti". Here is ...

"Could not open a connection to SQL Server" error
 I just installed SQL Server 2005 on my local PC, along with VS 2008, IIS, ... When I test the web application, I keep getting the above error message despite following every suggestion I could find through Google. I have: - Created a user on SQL Server  with password, asigned it to be dbo on the test database - Enabled Remote Connections through SS Surface Area Configuration, enabled "using both TCP/IP and named pipes"; also started SQL Server  Browser service _ made sure sqlserver and sql browser are added to firewall exception list - Added "Network ...

URGENT: "cannot connect to database" error message?
On particular clients, I cannot connect to database through either the PB app using ODBC or throug ISQL (Watcom 4.e client). On my machine, the connection is fine. I've compared odbc and odbcinst files, and the data sources are the same. The network server is up and running. What is the cause? What steps should I take to verify every possibility. I am sure that it is a simple ODBC configuration, but I can't see it!!!!! Please help Thanks Stephane Make sure you have the stack configured on the client. To 'debug' the problem add "-Z" to the start comm...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

Error: Database server connection limit exceeded
I am receiving this error in an application which utilises ADO.NET to access an embedded SQl Anywhere version 11 server. I am closing each connection after each call to the database however I am still receiving the error. How do I avoid this error or is work around this error? Raplh, ADO.NET uses connection pooling by default. (See: http://dcx.sybase.com/1100en/dbprogramming_en11/connection-pooling-dotnet-dev.html ). (e.g. By default with pooling enabled, .Close() returns the connection to the connection pool and doesn't actually close the database connection. http:...

"A connection with the server could not be established" error opening localhost.
I am trying to open a new Asp.Net application using Visual Studio.Net 2003 on my stand alone home machine.  I am opening it in HTTP://localhost/webnewapp.  Each attempt to open results in an error message saying "A connection with the server could not be established".   I am using Windows XP SP 2, IE 6.0 ASP.net version 1.1.4322.  Have run aspnet_regiis.exe with the -i switch, the -enable switch, the -ir switch and the -r switch.  Have checked the application mappings in the configuration of IIS and they all point to the v1.1.4322 directory.  IIS is...

Web resources about - "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message - sybase.easerver.general