Can I use DSN less to connect database

Hi,
    Can I use DSN less to connect database, like connect to *.mdb?

from LEO

0
DRAGON
1/5/2001 5:54:16 PM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to connect DBClient using a DSN-less connection in a VB5 App
I have a VB5 app connecting to SLQ Anywhere without a data source name - no problem. I am changing the app to a multi-user environment using SLQ Anywhere Server & SQL Anywhere Client. I can connect with a DSN - no problem; the ODBC dialog screen comes up. I don't want to setup a DSN on all the machines in the office if I don't have to. We are running Novell (I think 3.1, maybe 4.0) Here is the code for the standalone version DSN-less- works fine. RDOConnect = "UID=rico;PWD=rico;DBF=" + DBPath + "\ricoapp.DB;DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DSN=&#...

Database Workbench, where can I set a Database Restricted so only aliases can use the database?
Hello. Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias. Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench. :) Kai Inge > Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias. > Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench. This is a setting of your Firebird server installation. Check out the DatabaseAccess configuration parameter in firebird.conf. Set it to: DatabaseAccess = None -- With regards, Thomas Steinmaurer http://www.upscene.com/ Professional Tools and Services for Firebird FB TraceManag...

Database Connectivity ( DSN Less )
HI i have made a connection to MSSQL database with DSN . can we make a connection without DSN . thanks tan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp If the ODBC driver allows you to specify all the connection parameters via DBParm, you can connect without a DSN. I have done it with ASA, but not MSSQL. "tan" <mrdragon13@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#9rbXaRPBHA.150@forums.sybase.com... > HI > i have made a connection to MSSQL database with DSN . can we make a connection > without DSN...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

No Site Administration Tool Using GoDaddy? Can't Connect To Database Using Explorer? Other Newbie Questions.
I've tried everything to connect to my SQL database on GoDaddy using Visual Web Developer, but no luck...put the connection string the have on their website.  No dice.  I searched and searched these forums and did what others have tried...no luck.  Therefore, I thought I would ask the experts here:   1.) Can I connect to my database on Godaddy using VWD? If so, how?  Here's the generic info I put in my webconfig (using my server, database name, login, password, of course): <<connectionStrings><add name="Personal" connectionString="Server=whsql-v04.prod...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

how to connect to database using dsn and udl
Good day. I want to connect to an SQL db using . I Tried it using oledb, but it doesn't work. -- dim con as new oledb.oledbconnection() dim com as new oledb.oledbcommand() con.connectionstring = "dsn=exer4;uid=sa;password" com.connection = con con.open con.close -- Also, how to connect to db using udl? I created a udl file that connects to an sql db, located in the folder with the aspx pages. In vb.net, I use application.startuppath to locate the udl file, however in asp.net application.startuppath points to another location other than the page direct...

Deploying ASA6 and using DSN-less connections...
Hi, After much research and trial and error, I have come up with a method of easily deploying ASA6 with my PowerBuilder 5 application (I would imagine all would still work with higher versions as well) and also of connecting to my ASA database without creating an ODBC Data Source (DSN). I noticed that this topic is asked about frequently, but I was unable to find a simple solution so I'd lke to contribute this one. I have tested this method on my Windows 95, 98 and 2000 environments, with complete success. If you have any comments about my method, please pass them along. ...

how can i write a connection string using DSN
i've used OleDb to connect and manipulate an access DB using direct connections and it worked well. now i need to make use of the advantages of using ODBC so that if i change the DB any time i only need to change the DSN setting on the machine but nothing needs to b changed in the code. i've setup the dsn of the access DB on the machine but i cant get it to work..how am i supposed to write the connection string? i've tried: "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=E:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\ghadeer\\Data\\data.mdb;Dsn=sms-access.57" it worked but i dont want to write...

How can I connect to an ASA6 DSN using ADO?
As sbj ...

How can I connect to an ASA6 DSN using ADO?
As sbj Here is a sample: <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>ADO Example</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <% Set MyConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") MyConn.Open "DSN=asademo" Set RS=MyConn.Execute("SELECT * FROM Department") %> <table border=1> <tr> <% for i=0 to RS.Fields.Count -1 %> <TH> <%= RS(i).Name %> </TH> <% Next %> </TR> <% WHILE NOT RS.EOF %> <TR> <% for i=0 to RS.Fields.Count -1 %> <TD> <%= RS(i) %> </TD> <%...

Database Connection using DSN in asp.net
Hi, Iam developing an intranet web application in asp.net with SQL Server database. I have loaded .Net in a system ( which is in LAN)other than server. But the database resides in server. Now i want to connect the application to that server database thru DSN. (or if there is any other method for connection) . Its very urgent. Can anyone help me out of this problem. Thanks in advance. Cheers, VR.Chakravarthy.      Cheers,Chakri...

DSN Less connection using sql anywhere
Hi We have recently shifted our web pages and asp pages onto SBC webhosting. The problem is that we are using SQl Anywhere 5.5 database on our database server. Our various locations are accessing asp pages using SQL anywhere database. I have to setup ODBC connection to SBC site . Currently we are using the following script in asp pages: Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") conn.Open "DSN=WestSac;UID=DBA" Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command") Could anyone help me how to setup DSN less connection using SQl anywhere. Thanks N...

how to connect local access database using dsn
how to connect local access database using dsn Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=; See www.connectionstrings.com for more examples! If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you!...

Web resources about - Can I use DSN less to connect database - sybase.distributed

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Sanders’ campaign looses access to N.H. Democratic voter database - The Boston Globe Sanders’ campaign ...
... the presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has been denied access to the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s valuable voter database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Over 680TB of data exposed in MongoDB databases
There are at least 35,000 publicly accessible and insecure MongoDB databases on the Internet, and their number appears to be growing. Combined ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

MacKeeper Leak Highlights Danger of Misconfigured Databases
The Shodan port-scanning service finds at least 35,000 MongoDB databases accessible without a password.

OracleVoice: Oracle Challenges SAP On In-Memory Database Claims
Companies that run SAP’s applications should know that most of those applications can perform much better on Oracle Database than on any other ...