What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5?

The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there
is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB
towards the .Net area.

Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET
area.  We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now
with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual
Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with
DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward.

So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work
well together?
0
Rufas

On May 20, 12:54=A0pm, Rufas <thunderingqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there
> is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB
> towards the .Net area.
>
> Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET
> area. =A0We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now
> with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual
> Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with
> DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward.
>
> So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work
> well together?

- Visual Studio 2005 is the flavor of choice.  Sybase says it does not
support 2008 yet, but it will work... sort of.
- You need to run under .Net version 2.0, not the latest 3.5.  SyBase
is extremely slow to adapt.
- The datwindow works well in Asp.Net but there are some "gotchas".
-  PowerBuilder hasn't really changed significently in the past 10
years.  Watch out for Microsoft, though.  They change their framework
quite rapidly, just as they did recently... moving to the AJAX control
framework.  I believe they are non compatible and past control set
cannot be upgraded.  The days of an application lasting ten years with
little maintenance is over.

- IMHO, SyBase needs to do a better job at reassuring their customer
base with their products.
0
Joseph

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

Height of Rows in Web DW's (DW.NET 2.0)
How does dw.net calculate the height of a div for a web dw? I have a dw which has one autosized height column. This column can contain thousands of words. DW.net is adjusting the height of the column properly but is leaving a very large empty gap between rows (we're sometimes talking about 500 pixels here). The gap is not constant - the more text the column contains (thus greater the height) the greater the gap. ...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Does DW.Net 2.5 work with .Net 3.0?
Thanks It will work with .NET 3.0 but it uses .NET 2.0 classes. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 12 Sep 2007 10:39:02 -0700, "luiz silva" <luiz.silva@turner.com> wrote: >Thanks > ...

[ASP.Net 2.0]
I'm starting to chage a site to ASP.Net 2.0.  I have a couple of 1.1 DataGrids that I wasn't planning to change over for a while while I learned the new controls.ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids.Is there away to get the borders to display?Thanks,Tinker  T. R. Tinker: ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids. do u mean the designer doesnt display it  or its not displayed in the browser ? i think the New Designer doesnt display the styles and maybe its not displayed until...

Vb.net code in asp.net 2.0: works on hosts win 2003asp.net 2.0 server, crashes on xp asp.net offline workstation
Hi All  Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code ?  Dim WeeklyRentalMinT as double = txtminrent.text  I 've been using code similar or identical to that since I started experimenting with ASP 3.0 in 2004 its worked every time, yet I now wonder if it contributed to slowing down my apps, we'll the code works on my host server, it worked on my pc when it was running asp.net 1.1, but now that i've upgraaded to asp.net 2.0, i get an error "[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]"  How would you read input from a form tex...

ASP.NET 2.0 AND .NET 2.0
I have a web app that I built using VS.net 2003 and ASP.net 1.1 I would like to start developing my app with ASP.net 2.0. What do I need to do to convert it and will VS.net 2003 support ASP.net 2.0 and .Net 2.0? Thank you for any information on this,Thank youJackxxx Hello. I think that you want have many problems converting from 1.1 to 2.0. Take a look here:http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/whidbey/beta2update.aspx I think that besides changing the aspx directive, everythin should work ok (tough i still haven't migrated any web site to version 2 of the platform). Regarding VS 2003...

Lines Display Limit DDDW ASP.Net 2.0 & Datawindow.Net 2.0
I have a simple data entry form in ASP.net. The form has two dddw. One points at a file with about 200 records to choose from. When you view the form on a Web page and pull down the DDDW, it runs past the end of the page. The scroll bar in the Browser shows up on the side, but when you attempt to scroll the browser, the DDDW field looses focus and the list collapses. I limited the DDDW to 10 lines, but that appears to be being ignored. I have all of the features turned on or True, except display only in the Behavior group. This problem, really makes the Datawindow unusable. I ...

Can I Execute An ASP.NET 1.1 Application's ASPX Page By Using Server.Execute From An ASP.NET 2.0 Application's ASPX Page
Hi All,Can someone help on this?I have 2 ASP.NET applications, 1 built in 1.1 and the other on 2.0In 1 of the aspx pages in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I do Server.Execute and call another aspx page which is part of the ASP.NET 1.1 application. On doing this, I get this error: Invalid path for child request. A virtual path is expected.Is there any solution for this except for using Response.Redirect (WHICH I CANT USE). If not then can someone suggest a wayout for this:Whenever a new user signs up in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I need to create a new user in my ASP.NET 1.1...

Request Suggestion: ASP=>ASP.NET 3.5 or ASP=>ASP.NET 2.0 ->ASP.NET 3.5 (in 5 years)
Hi there, I have a few questions:My company has about 40 mid-sized application written in class asp. We plan to upgrade to ASP.NET since Microsoft will no longer support ASPin three years. As of today, most of our servers are running ASP.NET 2.0. Here are a few of the questions:1.) Is ASP.NET 3.5 or ASP.NET 3.0 stable enough to be put to production?  2.) Can IIS run different versions of ASP.NET? 3.) For new applications, would you guys develop it in ASP.NET 2.0 or the latest version?4.) Any known problems?  I love the the MVC and ORM/LINQ about ASP.NET 3.5; however, I...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

Web resources about - What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5? - sybase.datawindow.net

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 5:41:58 PM