Version of Oracle ODP.NET client?

Does DW.NET 2.0 require a specific version of the ODP.NET client? I just
installed the latest version from the Oracle site (10.2.02) and I am
getting a strange exception on AdoTrans.BindConnection:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type
'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' to type
'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection'.

    at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.Block.OraBlock.GetConnect(Object[] input,
Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user)
    at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.DbRoutine.GetConnect(DbDrivers type,
Object[] input, Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user)

I'll probably try the 10.1 client, but any info on this would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Jerry Metcoff
NewVision Systems Corp.
0
Jerry

What are you doing when you get that error?

If you need transaction support try using the OleDB interface because DW
only supports it to share the transaction between the DW Object and any
commands you want to exec manually.

"Jerry Metcoff" <jerrym@newvisionsystems.com> wrote in message
> Does DW.NET 2.0 require a specific version of the ODP.NET client? I just
> installed the latest version from the Oracle site (10.2.02) and I am
> getting a strange exception on AdoTrans.BindConnection:
>
> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type
> 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' to type
> 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection'.
>
>    at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.Block.OraBlock.GetConnect(Object[] input,
> Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user)
>    at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.DbRoutine.GetConnect(DbDrivers type, Object[]
> input, Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user)
>
> I'll probably try the 10.1 client, but any info on this would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jerry Metcoff
> NewVision Systems Corp.

0
Fidencio

I was just doing the BindConnection(). But I have resolved the issue by
using an assembly redirection. Apparently the Sybase DLL's are
referencing an older Oracle assembly. The following in app.config solves
the issue:

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Oracle.DataAccess"
PublicKeyToken="89B483F429C47342" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="9.0.0.0-10.65535.65535.65535"
newVersion="2.102.2.20"/>
</dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>

Jerry Metcoff

===========

Fidencio Monroy wrote:
> What are you doing when you get that error?
>
> If you need transaction support try using the OleDB interface because DW
> only supports it to share the transaction between the DW Object and any
> commands you want to exec manually.
>
> "Jerry Metcoff" <jerrym@newvisionsystems.com> wrote in message
>> Does DW.NET 2.0 require a specific version of the ODP.NET client? I just
>> installed the latest version from the Oracle site (10.2.02) and I am
>> getting a strange exception on AdoTrans.BindConnection:
>>
>> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type
>> 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' to type
>> 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection'.
>>
>>    at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.Block.OraBlock.GetConnect(Object[] input,
>> Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user)
>>    at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.DbRoutine.GetConnect(DbDrivers type, Object[]
>> input, Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user)
>>
>> I'll probably try the 10.1 client, but any info on this would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jerry Metcoff
>> NewVision Systems Corp.

0
Jerry

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

.NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET with ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) bugs
I have been trying to use either .NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET in my ASP.NET application with C#. Have to read / store Session data in a Database column BLOB (using Serialization). Using either .NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET generating below errors. 1) Have added reference to asp.net Project and used System.Data.OracleClient in C# class  with .NET Data Provider for Oracle. But still gettting same errors,  to get rid of these errors Have de-installed .NET Data Provider for Oracle and installed ODP.NET 2) Even now after ODP.NET  i...

Where can I get native PB drivers for ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3
( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL *Net version 2.x , 32 bit implementation. All versions of PB Enterprise (5,6,7) have the native O73 driver. If you have PB Professional, you can only use ODBC to connect to Oracle. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38A8FD91.6218D227@hotmail.com... > ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL > *Net version 2...

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

ASP.NET Express and Visual Studio.Net pro 2002 version 7.0 / ASP.NET version 1.0 on the same box / machine?
Hi Guys.. I'm wanting to download ASP.NET Express and use it to work with on my machine until it's not a beta anymore and I can buy / uprgrade to the real thing. But, that said, I currently use Visual Studio 2002 pro and don't want to mess up that installation? Is it possible to have both on the same machine? I'm also running IIS 5.0 I think it is, on this Windows XP Pro OS on a 1.8 Ghz Pentium with 764 meg of ram, 64 meg video card, 40 gig 7200 PRM hard drive, blah blah blah blah blah.. Will it work? Can someone also tell me where to look to see the differences in versions? I'd like to comp...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Deriving parameters using Oracle.DataAccess.Client (ODP.NET)
Hello, In an effort to resolve my other posted issue, I started porting the DAAB to use ODP.NET instead of System.Data.OracleClient. I am wondering if there is any way with Oracle.DataAccess.Client to achieve the System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters() functionality of deriving all the parameters in a stored procedure command?Best Regards, Joe Mozelesky jmozelesky {at} comcast {dot} net...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

ODP.NET
I installed ODP.NEt 2.0 on top of my Oracle client 10g. I am developing a Data Access component. I am having the below problem.  I created the Data Layer class. The constructor of the data layer class initiates a new Oracle Connection.  then I assign the Oracle Transaction obbject to the open connection. In my web page, I instantiate the DataLayer class and then call BeginTransaction method.  At this point, my connection object is null.  What am I missing?  I am getting Externalcontext connection error and Internalcontext error with the error message "Specified slot...

How do I deploy ASP.NET that have datawindow.net ?
I have been ask many question but never have response. T_T I follow the programmer's guide and use automatic tools to generate .MSI installer. for copying the dll to the server. i did that. and restart the server. when i browse the web, its a good think no error is prompted (like before i install the .MSI). but instead, now its loading forever. just like its loading something that is so big. i wait for 30min. yet nothing happen. what is the problem actually ? thank you, folks. ...

.NET Developers turn to ODP.NET
Microsoft announced its deprecation of System.Data.OracleClient, also known as Microsoft OracleClient. Microsoft OracleClient developers are now looking to migrate their existing .NET data access code to ODP.NET, not only for Oracle's long term ODP.NET support, but also for the ODP.NET's unique performance and feature benefits. Visit the ODP.NET page for Microsoft OracleClient Developers to learn about ODP.NET's advantages and how to migrate from Microsoft OracleClient rotfl! 'ODP.NET for Microsoft OracleClient Developers' (http://tinyurl.com/nqrt5n) -- t...

Web resources about - Version of Oracle ODP.NET client? - sybase.datawindow.net

Authorized King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title page to the 1611 first edition of the Authorized Version Bible by Cornelis Boel shows the Apostles Peter and Paul seated centrally ...

Marvel at the new features in version 5.0 of this popular prototyping app
... prototyping tool that has been used by the likes of Rdio and Monument Valley creator Ustwo, has just updated its official app for iOS to version ...

Craig Federighi talks open source Swift and what’s coming in version 3.0
Enlarge / Apple's Craig Federighi introducing Swift at WWDC 2014. (credit: Apple) When Apple unveiled Swift 2.0 at WWDC back in June, one of ...

The best features in the latest version of Android 6 Marshmallow
Google released an update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow this week and while it doesn't pack a ton of new features, it does add some significant ...

Chicago cops' versions of teen's killing at odds with video
Boston Herald Chicago cops' versions of teen's killing at odds with video Boston Herald FILE - In this Oct. 20, 2014 frame from dash-cam video ...

Chicago cops' versions of teen's killing at odds with video
City releases hundreds of documents pertaining to 2014 killing of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald by white police officer

Julia Wolfe Premieres 'Steel Hammer' Version of John Henry Legend at BAM Next Wave Festival
Julia Wolfe is premiering her 2009 folklore drama 'Steel Hammer' at BAM from December 2-6. The work centers around John Henry and is part of ...

Apple releases Arabic version of Siri
This move could potentially make iPhones more attractive in an affluent market of more than 30 million people.

Crave giveaway: Limited-edition Blu-ray versions of all six Star Wars films
Win commemorative Blu-ray versions of all six Star Wars films. You might have heard the seventh is coming out soon?

Pokemon Rumble World's microtransaction-free version coming to Europe
... involved. But for those of you who absolutely positively got to kill every microtransaction in the room, accept no substitutes the retail version ...