Tab order on editable datawindows

I have a page that has multiple editable datawindows.  Each datawindow
can have multiple rows.  In the client-server PowerBuilder app, the
keyboard tab works in this fashion...when a field has focus in a
datawindow, the tab keyboard action will set focus to the next field
WITHIN the datawindow.  At the last field, the focus jumps to the next
row.

In the browser DataWindow.net, the keyboard tab works in this
fashion... .when a field has focus in a datawindow, the tab keyboard
action will set focus to a field OUTSIDE the datawindow to another
Datawindow.  There seems to be no pattern where the cursor will jump
to next.

How can I get the tab function to work just like the Client Server
example.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0
Joseph

On Dec 4, 7:36 am, Joseph <niroc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a page that has multiple editable datawindows.  Each datawindow
> can have multiple rows.  In the client-server PowerBuilder app, the
> keyboard tab works in this fashion...when a field has focus in a
> datawindow, the tab keyboard action will set focus to the next field
> WITHIN the datawindow.  At the last field, the focus jumps to the next
> row.
>
> In the browser DataWindow.net, the keyboard tab works in this
> fashion... .when a field has focus in a datawindow, the tab keyboard
> action will set focus to a field OUTSIDE the datawindow to another
> Datawindow.  There seems to be no pattern where the cursor will jump
> to next.
>
> How can I get the tab function to work just like the Client Server
> example.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

No answer for this simple tab issue?
0
Joseph

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Did EAS 3.5 fix the problem where the tab order skips over drop down datawindows in the html datawindow?
I noticed this problem in EAS 3.0 and thought that it would be fixed in EAS 3.5. However, I just installed EAS 3.5 and it still seems to be a problem. Has anyone else had the same problem? Thanks. This is a known issue. According to Sybase it is an issue with IE. I'm not 100% sure there's not something that can be done about that...I'm pushing. What's interesting is that tabbing in Netscape works fine with dddw fields. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles (http://sdn.sybase.com/s...

tab order in datawindow control in tab page
I have a window with a tab control and tab pages are opened dynamically. Each tabpage has a datawindow control. During runtime, the objects on the window are included in the tab order but the columns in the datawindow object on the tab page are not. Does anyone know how to include the fields in the datawindow control in the tab order so that when the user hits the tab key, focus does not move to another object on the window and moves to the next field in the datawindow object? Seems like a silly question, but did you check the tab order in the datawindow painter? What about th...

No DataWindows .Net Tab in Visual Studio .Net
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've installed DataWindows .Net on a machine already running Visual Studio .Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro). No Errors or complaints during the installation. There is no DataWindow .Net Tab in the Tools window in .Net.....trying to Add Components....No Sybase Datawindows .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow Designer works Fine. Also have PowerBuilder 8.0 on the same machine and that works fine as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add Components, brows...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

datawindow tab order
Not all of my datawindows will not let me use the tab key to go from field to field. If I recreate the DW it is fine for awhile then I have to use the mouse again. Any Ideas on how to get this to continue to work? TIA ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Your problem cannot be reproduced in Appeon's lab. We suggest you check the following first: 1. Ensure that the switch between tabs in the PowerBuilder application always works normally. 2. Check the scripts in the DataWindows (with the tab keys wor...

Is there any issue in creating dynamic datawindow in Datawindow.Net?
Hi I have created a datawindow object in PB10 and exported in to SRD file. In my dot.net application, I read the file into string and issued the following command to create datawindow dynamically. But it throws an methodfailureexception error as "incorrect syntax at line 18 and column 14. Dim ls_create As String Dim fs As FileStream fs = New FileStream(curFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read) 'declaring a FileStream to open the file named file.doc with access mode of reading Dim d As New StreamReader(fs) 'creating a new StreamReader and passing the filestream...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my .NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing. I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction was called when no DataWindow object was att...

Web resources about - Tab order on editable datawindows - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo