Set Focus on Field in Datawindow

Hi All,

I have a 2 data windows, 1 which is a grid and holds all the
records
and the second drives off the grid to displays the details
of the
selected record.  The user has an option to add a new record
by
pressing a "Add" button which creates a new record in both
data
windows.

The problem I am having is that when a new record is
created, I can't
focus to a particular field on the details datawindow.  I
have read
other articles and tried the following:

dw_Name.SetColumn("first_name")

But it does not focus on the field.  I have checked the tab
order on
all the fields and they are ok.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Amit
0
Amit

Have you tried setting focus to the control first and then to the column?

That might do the trick.

Ivan

<Amit Chand> wrote in message news:449072d9.1417.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I have a 2 data windows, 1 which is a grid and holds all the
> records
> and the second drives off the grid to displays the details
> of the
> selected record.  The user has an option to add a new record
> by
> pressing a "Add" button which creates a new record in both
> data
> windows.
>

> The problem I am having is that when a new record is
> created, I can't
> focus to a particular field on the details datawindow.  I
> have read
> other articles and tried the following:
>
> dw_Name.SetColumn("first_name")
>
> But it does not focus on the field.  I have checked the tab
> order on
> all the fields and they are ok.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Amit

0
ith

Set focus on a field of a datawindows
I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my datawindow ? Thanks in advance adolfochairez@yahoo.com dw_1.SetColumn ('column name') dw_1.SetFocus () On 5/14/2010 12:02 PM, Adolfo Chairez wrote: > I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my > datawindow ? > > Thanks in advance > adolfochairez@yahoo.com ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

setting focus on a datawindow
i am trying to set focus on a datawindow. based on suggestions i have tried: HWND dwHandle; dwHandle=(HWND)dw_1->GetDataWindowHandle(); as well, i have removed comments from the pre-compiled header (as per help instructions). when i try to run i get the following error: Char near __debuginfo is an undefined reference what else should i be doing?? thanks peter Sorry!!! the error was related to something else in the project (just manifested itself when i changed the pre-compiled header). the problem with focus is that the dw is READONLY (ie. all columns have a tabs...

setting focus on a datawindow
i am trying to set focus on a datawindow. based on suggestions i have tried: HWND dwHandle; dwHandle=(HWND)dw_1->GetDataWindowHandle(); as well, i have removed comments from the pre-compiled header (as per help instructions). when i try to run i get the following error: Char near __debuginfo is an undefined reference what else should i be doing?? thanks peter Sorry!!! the error was related to something else in the project (just manifested itself when i changed the pre-compiled header). the problem with focus is that the dw is READONLY (ie. all columns have a tabs...

Web resources about - Set Focus on Field in Datawindow - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo